Autopsy Round 3 vs Geelong @ The Bank. 02/04/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

After the essendon game I think we really need to change the back six...again. Weller was a nice inclusion but now we need some guys who can actually defend. Think farrar may be in line for a recall and maybe the smokey is stein. Cameron is a real worry and way to mobile for ballard, maybe we could throw stein in the deep end and see if he sinks or swims. Would love Powell back but feel they might give him a full game in the 2s. Mac Andrew also back this week but you would assume through the reserves.

Farrar or powell<constable
Stein< uwland
Humphrey <fiorini

Hello
Hope you are all well.
I’ve decided that I’ll make a cameo appearance whenever I deem a game to be a “Mini GF”.

This without a doubt is it.
Lose this one and I strongly doubt I make another contribution for another 12 months sadly.
We need a miracle. Well let’s see Dew and the Leadership make it happen.

And yes it is me.
Welcome back Bodsy, we have sorely missed your passion.

Uhland Flanders Davies Hollands Constable MacPherson in the round 1 team vs Swans
I'm constantly astounded by Dew's hubris
We're a Club desperate for wins-any wins and he thinks he can play these project players off the back of a self congratulatory shit pre season
2 glaring errors of the pre season are now brought into greater relief
Not matching Rankine's Crows offer
Not making sure Liam Jones was a Sun in 2023
And if we're not going to play Sharp I have no idea why he was retained on the list
Our defence is an embarrassing shambles at the moment
Geelong by 8 goals

I’m sure this will pass before Sunday, but I’m thinking I might skip this game. Not sure I can sit through the flogging it will be.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No probs......you've only got to last thru 1/2 a game (that would be the perfect time to have morning tea or an early lunch) because the Melb v Syd game starts 1 hour later and I'll definitely be watching that one...

Hello
Hope you are all well.
I’ve decided that I’ll make a cameo appearance whenever I deem a game to be a “Mini GF”.

This without a doubt is it.
Lose this one and I strongly doubt I make another contribution for another 12 months sadly.
We need a miracle. Well let’s see Dew and the Leadership make it happen.

And yes it is me.

Skav?
Is that you?
Danger is coming to town this week, so I guess it is you.

No probs......you've only got to last thru 1/2 a game (that would be the perfect time to have morning tea or an early lunch) because the Melb v Syd game starts 1 hour later and I'll definitely be watching that one...

I’ve decided to go. But only because of Dave’s 200th. He has put up with more crap than any of us, deserves the support!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Farrar played on Cameron last time we played Geelong.

He only kicked 3 goals - I'd take that in a heartbeat.

But.. he was also awarded 3 Brownlow votes.

I think you have to put the more mobile guy on him.
Does so much damage upfield.

I wouldn't be upset to try Farrar again.
Make sure we get bodies around him and don't let him go 1 v 1 in the forward 50.

In
  • Farrar
  • Powell

Out
  • Uwland
  • Fiorini

Macpherson - Collins - Farrar
Powell - Ballard - Long
Weller - Miller - Lukosius
Ainsworth - Casboult - Holman
Sexton - King - Jeffrey

Witts - Anderson - Rowell

Constable - Flanders - Hollands - Swallow

S) Rosas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In
  • Farrar
  • Powell

Out
  • Uwland
  • Fiorini

Macpherson - Collins - Farrar
Powell - Ballard - Long
Weller - Miller - Lukosius
Ainsworth - Casboult - Holman
Sexton - King - Jeffrey

Witts - Anderson - Rowell

Constable - Flanders - Hollands - Swallow

S) Rosas
Id keep Uwland in over Constable

Sounds blasphemous to say, but I would actually look at bringing Atkins back in, an actual wingman who, for all his faults has very good foot skills. Was probably one of the BOG in the VFL this week from the parts I saw. Would go something like:

Out:
Fiorini
Constable
Uwland

In:
Powell
Atkins
Farrar

I know Dew doesn't really respect the outside wingman but he needs to change something up.

Hell you could go a step further and drop Lukosius for his absolutely woeful defensive efforts if you wanted as well.

Farrar played on Cameron last time we played Geelong.

He only kicked 3 goals - I'd take that in a heartbeat.

But.. he was also awarded 3 Brownlow votes.

I think you have to put the more mobile guy on him.
Does so much damage upfield.

I wouldn't be upset to try Farrar again.
Make sure we get bodies around him and don't let him go 1 v 1 in the forward 50.
I asked Cameron's wife to go into labour on Sat.

If we're slagging off Lukosius for that one effort that got televised you would have to drop half the team.

This was awful from Rosas.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 1.08.31 pm.png

Free kick outside 50 so not exactly a fast play.
He and Langford are standing right next to each other. It is clear he is the only one around Langford.

Langford lopes off - hardly sprinting and Rosas just jogs with no intent to even cover him.

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 10.41.43 pm.png

Spoil lands in Langfords vicinity and he can snap a completely free goal.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 1.09.58 pm.png

Leaving a guy completely alone in the forward 50 - 10 metres from the contest. Would have been an easy cover - he was just too lazy in this instance.
It doesn't matter that it isn't his usual opponent.
You push back to do those things for the team.

Recording a great tackle to save a goal pushing back into defence is a team lifting thing.
Leaving someone unopposed and able to lumber into goal does the exact opposite.

We are pretty quick to knock the defenders but it's gotta be a full team thing to help out. I actually don't mind the atkins call, as much as I dislike him at times he offers more as a wing than fiorini.

Geelong fans not confident Cameron plays, a- rib injury, b- baby is due. Hawkins battling, Stewart out, dekoning not 100% the cats are ripe for the picking. They very rarely lose 3 in a row and are always tough to beat but I'm feeling more confident of a win this week than the first two weeks. Loving that players are being named and shamed in the media for poor efforts, this has to be ironed out and all of a sudden our team defence will be back in order. Time to get our season back on track!

Before the game I am going to hit my fingers with a hammer so that come 5pm the worst part of my day was not the 80 point loss

It's only football. A loss is really not that important.........suggest hitting only two fingers, that should be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back