Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

He took a couple of teams by surprise. Last two weeks they have been more prepared for him imo. Moving him around could be a good tactic maybe šŸ¤·

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree. When teams play him closely on his body, he struggles. I am more disappointed that he did not work hard and complains a lot. King is actually working harder and that's something, haha. Good learning experience for Mac.

Again Heart and soul of the club. He might decide hanging around playing VFL isnā€™t for him.
I hope he goes around again.
These guys around the club are the glue keeping it all together
Agree. Swallow will decide when he wants to go. He has his own businesses and life outside of football. But he still has a role to play if he wants it.

Gotta keep some mature bodies that can play a role if injuries come and help lead the way for younger draftees/academy kids developing in the VFL.

I think you keep one of Davies or Fiorini for that reason. Both can stay, but are getting AFL wages if they donā€™t make the team, but are close enough to AFL level. So I think one goes for more opportunity, possibly both. Do other clubs want them though?

Iā€™d be looking at picking up as many speedy players as we can on every line. Get rid of the plodders from the Dew contested era and bring in 20-24 year old state league/AFL depth players who fit the modern game.
Agree. When teams play him closely on his body, he struggles. I am more disappointed that he did not work hard and complains a lot. King is actually working harder and that's something, haha. Good learning experience for Mac.
This is what I was saying the other week. Mac looks good and those first two weeks were amazing. But there is no guarantee he (or Walter) will work out as a better forward in the long run than a player like Luko. Itā€™s too early to tell.

Either way, the club takes the risk and hopes it pays off.

But there is no guarantee he (or Walter) will work out as a better forward in the long run than a player like Luko. Itā€™s too early to tell.
I have little doubt Walter will be a weapon, just for his ferocity, mongrel (will get suspended probably), pressure, contest, speed. Very rarely any KPF performs in first year. That mark in VFL (not payed) showed his talent.

What plodders are we talking about? We need some depth both AFL and VFL. Give me names who will go, haha.
MacPherson is a name that springs to mind. So any player of his level or below could be cleaned out for similar value output on less money and hopefully a chance of more upside.

But yes, donā€™t clean out the whole team. Itā€™s hard to get the balance right, although this might be the year to cut deep and invest in AFL players/contracts and restock the VFL on youth/cheaper depth.
I have little doubt Walter will be a weapon, just for his ferocity, mongrel (will get suspended probably), pressure, contest, speed. Very rarely any KPF performs in first year. That mark in VFL (not payed) showed his talent.
I see that too. He probably will. But currently, as much as some might disagree, I feel Luko gives us a better chance of winning a game than Walter. Walter has the will, but lacks the execution and footy brains right now.

(If we could fuse them, weā€™d probably have the best modern forward haha)

MacPherson is a name that springs to mind. So any player of his level or below could be cleaned out for similar value output on less money and hopefully a chance of more upside.

But yes, donā€™t clean out the whole team. Itā€™s hard to get the balance right, although this might be the year to cut deep and invest in AFL players/contracts and restock the VFL on youth/cheaper depth.

I see that too. He probably will. But currently, as much as some might disagree, I feel Luko gives us a better chance of winning a game than Walter. Walter has the will, but lacks the execution and footy brains right now.

(If we could fuse them, weā€™d probably have the best modern forward haha)
Luko is such a talent but some body language yesterday was awful. He was pretty upset when Miller did not kick it to him (instead Long marked and scored). Rightly so, as so many times teammates ignore Luko in great position. He is smart, reads and understand game well but I am not sure he fits into Dimma's plan. We also got too many talls to accomodate. I would still keep him at least one more year. Walter, Read and even Andrew are just babies.

Last edited:
We donā€™t wanna cut too many old guys, pretty sure at this current moment north Melbourne will only have 2 guys over 28 next year.

Iā€™d keep Day for another year, unless we get Tex or someone.
Sexton, Holman stays.

But those other guys can get delisted.

Atkins Fiorini Swallow all out of contract next year so, again weā€™ll get younger anyways.

We donā€™t wanna cut too many old guys, pretty sure at this current moment north Melbourne will only have 2 guys over 28 next year.

Iā€™d keep Day for another year, unless we get Tex or someone.
Sexton, Holman stays.

But those other guys can get delisted.

Atkins Fiorini Swallow all out of contract next year so, again weā€™ll get younger anyways.
Yep.

Day as tall depth, Sexton as versatility, Holman as the ā€œtoughā€ player. Fiorini as backup mid, Atkins as someone who gets to see out his contract, Swallow as Swallow.

but none of them should be anything more than a sub next year, barring injuries.

And North stripped back older players that were still in the AFL team best 22, which is not what Iā€™m talking about here. Just trimming back expensive depth players or players that have hit their ceiling and wonā€™t be AFL quality on our list. We have a lot of VFL depth who sit on an AFL list.

Yep.

Day as tall depth, Sexton as versatility, Holman as the ā€œtoughā€ player. Fiorini as backup mid, Atkins as someone who gets to see out his contract, Swallow as Swallow.

but none of them should be anything more than a sub next year, barring injuries.

And North stripped back older players that were still in the AFL team best 22, which is not what Iā€™m talking about here. Just trimming back expensive depth players or players that have hit their ceiling and wonā€™t be AFL quality on our list. We have a lot of VFL depth who sit on an AFL list.

Should be interesting, aslong as there no more bombshell trades like Greenwood Bowes types I can live with what Cameron is doing. Everyone I like is locked up long term, would really like a Massimo Dā€™Ambrosio, Archie Roberts, Matt Roberts type operators this year.

Surely there is a kid out there with a weapon of a leg

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24 - Richmond @MCG Stadium - 24th August 2024 - 2:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back