Game Day Round 4, 2023 : West Coast Eagles v Melbourne Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah well. They tried, but it's just a doomed combination of inconsistent kids (Culley, Ginbey, Long, Hough, Hewett, Williams), players returning from long-term injuries (Yeo, Allen, Cole) and guys who aren't quite up to it (Clark, West). That's half the side you can't really rely on and you won't beat a flag contender like that.

Read my reply before. It's not linear.
That's a cop out non answer. I'm not asking for who has improved on a linear scale or an exponential scale or an x^2 graph.

The fact is out older players are getting worse (worse than you expect a natural decline to be), our younger players aren't stepping up and very few of our recent draftees look like making it. If those results don't make you question the coach nothing will.

You seem to be all too happy that not only are bottoming out after a flag but we are getting smashed.

Can we finally * off on the “Kelly failed trade” shithousery?

I would say bloke has been our best player since we got him with the NN injuries.

Has been an absolute cannon this year
He’s easily been our best mid since he arrived.

You can argue with where would we be if we’d simply taken those picks, but he’s holding up his end of the bargain.

We bought effort and it’s where we are at. It was always a benchmark day for us.

TK was awesome disposal let him down early.
Kids tackled and tried all day just overwhelmed.
Williams continues to improve he’s still a long way off but he’s having a crack.
Like how Simmo let us play the first half and then made sure it wasn’t a 100+ point loss after halftime.
It is what it is and those that haven’t understood where we are at will be the ones whining atm. Or in Chump Changes words showing “Karen Tendencies”

Can we finally * off on the “Kelly failed trade” shithousery?

I would say bloke has been our best player since we got him with the NN injuries.

Has been an absolute cannon this year
Kelly was and still is a failed trade. We gave up too much for him.

He was one of our best today, and that reflects on the other 22 more than anything. He ran the game out and his couple of goals were good but he couldn't hit a target all day.

That's a cop out non answer. I'm not asking for who has improved on a linear scale or an exponential scale or an x^2 graph.

The fact is out older players are getting worse (worse than you expect a natural decline to be), our younger players aren't stepping up and very few of our recent draftees look like making it. If those results don't make you question the coach nothing will.

You seem to be all too happy that not only are bottoming out after a flag but we are getting smashed.
You've been a whiny bitch all afternoon but this is straight up bullshit.

Waterman still no closer to equalling four goals total since his four goals in round two…. Not even halfway there… the cheerleaders have dropped off I have noticed
Uh...has been playing in the ruck instead.of forward. Completely unselfish bloke too. Lowered the eyes and spotted up SPS late when he could have easily blazed for glory.

Least of our issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you have been banging on about the Coach all the way through this thread.
Just zip it will you.

Thread will be locked shortly.

Feel free to post here

Uh...has been playing in the ruck instead.of forward. Completely unselfish bloke too. Lowered the eyes and spotted up SPS late when he could have easily blazed for glory.

Least of our issues.

He has played mostly forward…. No different to two weeks ago or last week.. he just isn’t a reliable forward or actually a reliable footballer.

I might when we look at changing the coach
Mate, you have no funking idea.

Ah, so still no names then.
From the last two draft years Bazzo, Hough, Culley, Ginbey and Long have showed enough at AFL level to make me think they'll be part of our next finals team.
Hewett & Barnett look like being quality and I'm confident they'll be there as well.
Jury still out on Burgiel & Chesser

And we're done here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back