Preview Round 4, 2024 : Collingwood v Hawks, 5:10pm Sunday 7th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love how young this side is. Imagine if it all gels soon. It could be sustained success for an awfully long time.
Meek, I like him getting more games. Why was he not getting that much, on ground, play , was he out of form not reliable he is a big bloke, and when I asked a info worded up family member about him he said he was too old probably, for the "plan".

Well for a ruckman he is just coming into full throttle his aerobics will improve, Ruckmen travel all over the place they hit their peak in mid twenties.
Like heavyweight boxers peaking at 26 to 28 at their absolute best, what ever standard.

Ruckmen take years because it is so demanding, and some never get there but they got to have time.

Now I find, Meek, has a birthday coming, puts him at 26,

THAT IS NOT OLD!

So my family member got his maths or his smart-arsed-ness wrong. Is that a word?

I had some idea the bloke was about 31 or 32.

Someone will clarify, I just look and think where are our big big boys, where's a Brian Lake wheres a Trent Croad wheres a Roughy

I think we look small, but that is not a criticism, they look little especially when we play Essendon and that Wright out-marks everyone.

So I would like some history on Meek, hope he can get time and ft in, he could be a giant for us.

Ned Reeves is in the beginnings.

So persistence is what makes players eventually learn their jobs!

Out: Lewis, Watson (inj)
In: Ramsden, Butler

B Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
HB Impey Sicily Weddle
C Amon Newcombe Morrison
HF Moore Ramsden MacDonald
F Breust Chol Ginnivan
R Meek Worpel Nash
Int Mackenzie Ward D’Ambrosio Butler
Sub Hustwaite
And Sicily gets CHB, ON WHO? Dirty great big Mihocek.
I thought Luke Bruest was injured , for his age a slight
injury should have a weeks rest?
I like James in the forward line for a try out.

SUPER young team. Any maths nerds here to verify ?

Averaging 65 games across our 23 players named.

Average age of about 24ish.

We've shed close to a year off last week and 20 games of experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the average age of an afl premiership team
2013: Hawthorn 26 years 9 months.
2015: Hawthorn 27 years 10 months
2017: Richmond 25 years 1 month
2020: Richmond 27 years 1 month
2021: Melbourne 24 years 10 months
2022: Geelong 28 years 7 months
2023: Collingwood 27 years 8 months.

Mostly like the ins, and sticking with Meek - exciting! Finn for Morrison ... not as excited. Lets hope he can find a second dimension.

Feels pretty stiff for Morrison to come in as sub and be out the next after no fault of his own, but in saying that super pumped to see Shammy back in the side.
If it wasn't for the stupid broken jaw he would have been there round 1.

I like this side plays the kids and gets games into them this is how we should line up most weeks.

Just need Watson in when fit and hopefully DGB can force his way in there.

Then hopefully we keep this side going forward and get games into the kids then top up with FA and this years first and next years first.

Only other player I would like to see is Serong.

I like this side plays the kids and gets games into them this is how we should line up most weeks.

Just need Watson in when fit and hopefully DGB can force his way in there.

Then hopefully we keep this side going forward and get games into the kids then top up with FA and this years first and next years first.

Only other player I would like to see is Serong.
We need players back from injury, not MORE KID.

We need players back from injury, not MORE KID.

Who thats injured would you put in this side that was really performing before they got injured.

Lewis no
Breust no
Watson yes

If they were performing yes, but they weren’t and the kids may come in and perform better than they were.

You never know we may play better this weekend better then we have all year so far they may surprise us with there performances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back