Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Well and truely over trading injured rookies when I have underperforming premos. ATM gone Liam Ryan > Coffield. 2nd trade pending. Possibly Parker > Cogs

Ratugolea seems like a decent option, he played well against us last night - very prolific and played all around the ground. Quite an impressive performance for his 2nd Senior AFL outing.

Any particular reason you're trading out Parker over Billings? Parker hasn't be fantastic but he's certainly been less lackluster than Billings.

Agreed. Id be keeping Parker over Billings. Billings has a poor draw coming over the next 6-7 weeks. While also playing in a poor side.

Who would parker be going to if you do pull the trigger on him.

Do you believe he can get back to his best mate? From round 15 through to round 22 Zerrett averaged 105. Six of those nine games he scored under 100 too. I really don't know what went wrong but M0nty who runs FanFooty was warning people off him in the preseason because of this, I thought he was crazy but he's proving to have some merit or should I say Merrett. :p

We'll ignore round one because that was nothing but bad luck but I'm really doubting his ability to be a top eight midfielder, if I don't see him as a top eight mid then there's no real point in keeping him. Opposition teams now put more attention into him and don't let him run around like he used to. The Bombers now have Smith and Stringer who are getting big chunks of midfield time and really aren't relying on Zerrett a lot.

With a breakeven of 165 he's only going to continue to drop, I'm just going to cut my loses and move on.
Teams began to tag him towards the end of last year hence the lower scores. And tagging him also worked in regards to stopping the Dons. I didn't pick him this year based on his finish and the worry of a tag. I think the back end of last year was the first time in his career that he has actually had someone sat on him to stop him so so until he can break a tag he isn't worth having in your team. Although there aren't many mid premo's worth having at the moment so it's a much of a muchness :rolleyes:

Agreed. Id be keeping Parker over Billings. Billings has a poor draw coming over the next 6-7 weeks. While also playing in a poor side.

Who would parker be going to if you do pull the trigger on him.
Now that Hanners is back, Parker is spending quite a bit of time up forward. This means he either goes 130+ when everything goes right, he takes marks and kicks goals and dominates. Or he struggles to 80-90. I don’t know if this is grounds to trade him but I’ve just gone him to Gibbs and feel safer already. Obviously it is a luxury trade and one that couls come back to bite me hard

Hogan is averaging over 20 possies so far this year, seriously impressive player
That's what i am loving, he doesn't need 4-5 goals to go big.

I do worry that he will spend some games stuck in the goals square if things are going well for the Dees.

Any particular reason you're trading out Parker over Billings? Parker hasn't be fantastic but he's certainly been less lackluster than Billings.

I agree that in a Vacuum Parker is better than Billings. But in the mids I can upgrade to a Gibbs type, or a cheaper Murphy/Fyfe. Billings has to be upgraded to a McLean/Walters. So that also has to be taken into account.

Been hovering around 8k first 3 rounds - biggest problem outside Zerret (I always keep premos in this situation - they bounce back more often that not and you always seem to trade out at the wrong time), is Mcgrath in the backs. if Ryan is an LTI I'll probably go

Ryan > Evasa
McGrath > Savage?

If Ryan is only short term or plays I will hope we get a new rookie back starting to downgrade McGrath too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings has been upgraded to Franklin and I feel cleaner already. Done with Brayshaw as well. Gone to Jacobs, seeing as his BE is really low and his JS is perfect. Can't see him having many 100+ games, but 70+ will do me just fine with the crap that Brayshaw is serving up. Yeo gets one more week and hes out if it's another s**t fest. Taranto will be the other to go next week if Hopper has the samr effect on his role again

What are Seedsman's chances of increasing in value (or maintaining his form), or have I missed the boat? Pondering upgrading to him from Zach Guthrie. As well as moving Billings on for Hogan - if he spends more time in the middle, might be good value, and potentially DPP do you think?

Edit: Should add I still have Zerrett, but I figure I've let him drop this low, might as well ride it out heh.

Last edited:
Now that Ryan is likely out, here are my thoughts on rookie alternatives:

Forwards - I currently have Fritsch and Venables who are probably my top two at this stage
J.Henry (GEEL) 191k, scored well against WC but poor against Hawks.
W.Rioli (WC) - 181k, does he get a bigger role and better JS with Ryan gone?
Waterman (WC) - 260k, JS issues remain and has already gone up a fair chunk but still has -18 BE so some money to be made
Ratugolea (GEEL) - 218k, in and out of side, scoring concerns given his size
Gowers (WB) - 255k, last chance to grab him this week
Higgins (Rich) - 247k, encouraging solid debut, if he plays should rise a fair way
Stephenson (Coll) - 301k, too expensive to get now
Florent (Syd) - 297k, too up and down at his price
Crowden (Freo) - 201k, improved this week and looks to have reasonable JS for near future if he keeps it up.

If you have DPP then the main option is Lachie Murphy (Adel) 238k, -6 BE, good JS.
Ben Jacobs is interesting. Quite expensive but has scored >80 two weeks in a row, has very good JS, and still a negative BE with money to be made. Probably last chance to get him.
Same deal with Coffield. If he is in the side for good he is worthwhile looking at.
And usual candidates remain if you don't have them: Finlayson, Murray, Banfield, Venables, Holman.
Too expensive/not worth it: Dow, L.Fogarty, LDU, Naughton, Cerra, Barry

As of today I have gone L.Ryan -> E.Ratugolea and Billings -> T. McLean. Leaves me a nice amount of 232k to spare for some upgrades in coming weeks.

Now that Ryan is likely out, here are my thoughts on rookie alternatives:

Forwards - I currently have Fritsch and Venables who are probably my top two at this stage
J.Henry (GEEL) 191k, scored well against WC but poor against Hawks.
W.Rioli (WC) - 181k, does he get a bigger role and better JS with Ryan gone?
Waterman (WC) - 260k, JS issues remain and has already gone up a fair chunk but still has -18 BE so some money to be made
Ratugolea (GEEL) - 218k, in and out of side, scoring concerns given his size
Gowers (WB) - 255k, last chance to grab him this week
Higgins (Rich) - 247k, encouraging solid debut, if he plays should rise a fair way
Stephenson (Coll) - 301k, too expensive to get now
Florent (Syd) - 297k, too up and down at his price
Crowden (Freo) - 201k, improved this week and looks to have reasonable JS for near future if he keeps it up.

If you have DPP then the main option is Lachie Murphy (Adel) 238k, -6 BE, good JS.
Ben Jacobs is interesting. Quite expensive but has scored >80 two weeks in a row, has very good JS, and still a negative BE with money to be made. Probably last chance to get him.
Same deal with Coffield. If he is in the side for good he is worthwhile looking at.
And usual candidates remain if you don't have them: Finlayson, Murray, Banfield, Venables, Holman.
Too expensive/not worth it: Dow, L.Fogarty, LDU, Naughton, Cerra, Barry
Potential injuries and tank the issues with Rioli, definitely not JS. Did some incredible things for us on the weekend - we're much more dangerous and unpredictable with him in the side. Ran out of puff in the second half.

Waterman's JS improves markedly with Ryan out. Looked bloody good on the weekend working the wings (also bloody good for fantasy scores) - has a decent tank, playing as he did could see him hold his place when JK returns.

I didn't see the Dogs game - anyone who did care to comment on Richards' performance?

Potential injuries and tank the issues with Rioli, definitely not JS. Did some incredible things for us on the weekend - we're much more dangerous and unpredictable with him in the side. Ran out of puff in the second half.

Waterman's JS improves markedly with Ryan out. Looked bloody good on the weekend working the wings (also bloody good for fantasy scores) - has a decent tank, playing as he did could see him hold his place when JK returns.

I didn't see the Dogs game - anyone who did care to comment on Richards' performance?

Thanks for that!
Do you think Waterman is worth the extra 80k on Rioli, in terms of cash generation? (Given they would likely be my F8).

I've traded Hibberd down to Coffield, makes me some cash.
Was going to trade Merrett, but as he's already lost almost 200k, I'd rather back him in to try and find his form.
Trading out Brayshaw who has a BE of 33 this week up to Mclean. Makes my forward line look pretty good with Heeny, Billings, Smith, Walters, Mclean and Waterman. Hopefully Billings can find his round 1 form again.

At this stage
D. Fogarty > L Keeffe. A bit of a waste of a trade but it allow me to swing Sicily forward as my forwardline is putrid and would rather Coffield on my field than Venables/Fritsch/Crowden. Does make my backline weak but Murray/Doedee/Finlayson all look somewhat reliable compared to the forwards. Could be Ryan > Keeffe depending on how bad his injury is.
Fritsch > Christensen. Fritsch hasn't been overly impressive from a Fantasy perspective and Christensen looks capable of producing 80's consistently.

Thanks for that!
Do you think Waterman is worth the extra 80k on Rioli, in terms of cash generation? (Given they would likely be my F8).
Rioli has better JS, but Waterman should make you more money...he has the lowest BE in the comp at -19. Footywire price projections (based on maintaining average I think) have Rioli up 14k then 14k, Waterman up 45k then 33k.

Important caveat - Dons were rubbish.

Quick and aggressive, likes to take the game on and not phased at having to think his way through trouble. Good JS, we need that drive from HBF. Drifted forward, could have kicked a couple if he wasn't trying to do the team thing and had more confidence in his goal kicking....

Not afraid to tackle....

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back