Round 4 trades...

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to make my first trade, Jesse White out for Kreuzer.
Should have had Krezuer from the start with the spare 70k but got home late on the last day and couldn't make any trades due to the lockout problems. Not blaming the lockout problems, blaming myself.

Well the teams have really F'd me this week!

My backs are:

Cornes, Shaw, Milburn, Birchall, Symes, Nicoski, Proud, Hartlett, SD Thompson.

So looks like 4 not playing, 2 0's as it stands!!

Bad news for first week of league games.

I could trade in 2 of Taylor, Pffiefer, Selwood, Wonameri i suppose but gee its a waste of trades.

I was going to trade in one of those for Hartlett or SD anyway so maybe i should just stick to that and hope that Nicoski or Proud get a run.

Only used 1 trade so far, only 2K in bank. Rest of team is solid just these backs - like alot of people - are killing me.

Thoughts on this??

Cheers

Have 50,000, is it worth trading
In: Roughhead
Out: Nikoski

Hard to tell if roughhead can keep up his consistant scores (84, 88, 96) where nikoski hasn't been consistant (97,27,45). Looking for a player for whole year,
which will give me better mileage?

Question on behalf of my brother (DT Newb):

2 trades/2 options

Option 1:
- Trade in Palmer for underperforming mid (i.e. Brady Rawlings - don't ask me why) and
- Trade in gun back
He'll be playing 1 short in backs this week but then he'll bring in another gun back next week

Option 2:
- Trade in Harry Taylor for a non-playing back and
- Trade in gun back
he'll have 7 playing backs but then he'll still have useless Brady Rawlings (who will drop more this week) and misses out on Palmer - he also has Priddis injured

any help???

I like Waters better. The problem is that symes > hurn for value.
Can you afford Mundy/B.Jones/Kennelly for hurn? Consider one of them perhaps.

None of those are guns. Waters is tempting because he is being rotated through the midfield as well as kicking goals from HFF. I'm pretty confident he will be a gun in the backs this year!

Also, Symes is more likely to get dropped than Hurn. Hurn may also be asked to step up through the midfield in the absence of Priddis.

So on balance I think a Symes -> Waters trade has more merit than say a Hurn -> Mundy

Thoughts?

Question on behalf of my brother (DT Newb):

2 trades/2 options

Option 1:
- Trade in Palmer for underperforming mid (i.e. Brady Rawlings - don't ask me why) and
- Trade in gun back
He'll be playing 1 short in backs this week but then he'll bring in another gun back next week

Option 2:
- Trade in Harry Taylor for a non-playing back and
- Trade in gun back
he'll have 7 playing backs but then he'll still have useless Brady Rawlings (who will drop more this week) and misses out on Palmer - he also has Priddis injured

why pretend to be your brother??

Just get Palmer this week, rest can sort itself out.. hold on to the ur cash for one more week and see what comes about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of those are guns. Waters is tempting because he is being rotated through the midfield as well as kicking goals from HFF. I'm pretty confident he will be a gun in the backs this year!

Also, Symes is more likely to get dropped than Hurn. Hurn may also be asked to step up through the midfield in the absence of Priddis.

So on balance I think a Symes -> Waters trade has more merit than say a Hurn -> Mundy

Thoughts?
Firstly, Hurn is not a midfielder. He will not be playing midfield. He's a natural HB/HF but will not be playing on the ball. His DT scores will be high 60s at best.
On the other hand, Symes has the ability to average 80 across half back. He looks a better prospect imo.
You're right about Waters though. He is a gun player and will be spending more time on the ball this season. If anyone will step into the midfield in the absence of Priddis, it will be him (apart from Masten and McNamara). Definitely value for his price.

just traded Brown to Taylor, just incase Bowedin doesn't play, and now i got a good sub for every position on the field now

Biggest waste of trade if you ask me, Brown is playing. Probably a 20 point difference a week and Taylor is very likely to get dropped when Mackie gets back next week. Big Waste.

Before teams came out I was considering Whelan > Pfeiffer/Taylor and Nicoski > Kennelly. I still want to do the Nicoski > Kennelly trade because I think Kennelly is a keeper and is the cheepest he'll be all season. However, since Whelan was named I don't want to buy into the problem with backline rookies if I don't have to (I have Edwards and Selwood atm). So the other trade I'm considering is N. Thompson > Gamble. Haven't seen much of Geelong this season though, is Gamble going to get enough games to max out at a decent price? These would be my first trades of the season.

If Whelan proves to be rubbish I can always trade him to Wonaeamirri next week.

Biggest waste of trade if you ask me, Brown is playing. Probably a 20 point difference a week and Taylor is very likely to get dropped when Mackie gets back next week. Big Waste.

i would think its a bit more than that, Taylor gets the ball, Brown stops the ball getting into the hands of his man, more like a 40 point difference

as for him getting dropped i have no idea about geelong's depth but with the current backline reserves avalible Taylor is one of the best and they will all get dropped at some stage so i think it's fine

i would think its a bit more than that, Taylor gets the ball, Brown stops the ball getting into the hands of his man, more like a 40 point difference

as for him getting dropped i have no idea about geelong's depth but with the current backline reserves avalible Taylor is one of the best and they will all get dropped at some stage so i think it's fine

Brown will average about 30 and is in absolutely no trouble of getting dropped (good option considering the rookie backman a so unpredictable). So you think Taylor will average 70? You've already done it so i can't really change your mind but it is definately a big waste of trade and makes no sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 trades...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back