Round 4 trades...

Remove this Banner Ad

I have $$ 3,900 (used no trades and desperatly need money for upgrades)

only scored 1830 this week with everyone getting big 2000+ (I have a worry and yes its my backline like many others. I have scored 4 0's over the first 3 weeks.) and have dropped out of the top 500.

My backs consist of : Symes, Barlow, (Hartlett, Hansen, SDT) they have played 2 games between them. = NO MONEY

I was all the way gona pick H.Taylor, Pfeiffer, Proud (6 games and will make plenty of money) but then not named round 1 i changed my mind and went with Hartlett, Hansen, SDT (2 games and will struggle to play much more as Sinclair, J.W.S, Macmahon are all 3 very good players that will return soon)

I need to know whether Egan wil return soon and if not should i therefore take a H.Taylor who will be my number 7 back (avg 55 - 60). Will Hartlett return and if so will Pfeiffer then also lose his spot?

I have Dyson 211k and could trade him down to with Palmer rand Bird on bench
- Tuck (194k) = 17k + 4k (money i already have)
- T.Callan (110k) = 101k + 4k
- Bartram (same as Callan) WHOS BETTER and will play most games in 08??
- Wonamerri (72k) = 139k + 4k

Than i could get a Taylor of Pfeiffer instead or probs L.Hansen ??!! or maybe

I think Bock .. I was tossing up between Shaw and Bock this week .. I went with Shaw in the end but Bock is playing a good running role out of the backline and getting lots of the footy!

Yeah i think you made a good decision getting shaw. He will consistently score more than back. Bock will have his games where he takes 15 marks and he will prolly average about 85 IMO but i think h shaw will be in the 90's. Im thinking of getting back myself this week. Still cant decide on the last gun to get in my backline.

also, what are people doing with Jetta. How many weeks is he going to be out for? worth trading to Cyril Rioli???

that would mean my trades this week would be

B.Houli - Palmer
Jetta - C.Rioli

Make about $150,000 and i will have used 4 trades this far and would not need to trade again unless injury until about round 8-10 when my cashcows peak.

Thoughts????

I'm leaving Jetta on the bench. Considering he was jogging up and down the side of the ground after he did it I would think its not a bad hammy so probably 3 weeks. Will slot straight back in once he's fit again I would imagine and I believe there's some cash to make from him yet.

Having said that though, I already have Rioli and Hill so I can cover him.

Dont normally bother here but im really in a pickle. Midfield consists of stevens, kerr, burgoyne, houli, dyson, bird, geary. Want to downgrade one to palmer in order to upgrade nicoski. Will fall short by downgrading one of dyson or houli in order to get waters. Help!

than i would go with a Newman or Guerra as they look good and are almost one of them will certainly score over 100 this week. Waters versus the Swans this week which will mean low scores. Its only short term but everyone loves satisfaction or the feeling of doing the right trade.

IMO
Dyson out and in Palmer
Nicoaki out and in Newman (more upside) Guerra (more consistant and will almost a sure to get an avg of 80 from him till round 22)

I'm leaving Jetta on the bench. Considering he was jogging up and down the side of the ground after he did it I would think its not a bad hammy so probably 3 weeks. Will slot straight back in once he's fit again I would imagine and I believe there's some cash to make from him yet.

Having said that though, I already have Rioli and Hill so I can cover him.

yeah thats the thing.

I have Gamble and Tippet on the bench. Does anyone know why Gamble was withdrawn and if he'll play this week against the saints

than i would go with a Newman or Guerra as they look good and are almost one of them will certainly score over 100 this week. Waters versus the Swans this week which will mean low scores. Its only short term but everyone loves satisfaction or the feeling of doing the right trade.

IMO
Dyson out and in Palmer
Nicoaki out and in Newman (more upside) Guerra (more consistant and will almost a sure to get an avg of 80 from him till round 22)

Guerra came up a bit gimpy after last week. I have him and love him and he hasnt produced the goods yet so jump on. I was in an interesting position last week semi happy that guerra wasnt on song because i have ellis who essentially took guerras position and racked them up in the 3rd and 4th. I am hitting myself for picking 2 players from the same team who play a similar position (it seems like when guerra has a spell ellis fills in) hoping ellis keeps going up then can upgrade!

Peake for Palmer

guys peake is a gun, he is starting to get back his form.

is it worth trading him for palmer who we know maybe really good now but may also die out as the year progresses. where as peake will stay fit for the whole year

thoughts?

Re: Peake for Palmer

guys peake is a gun, he is starting to get back his form.

is it worth trading him for palmer who we know maybe really good now but may also die out as the year progresses. where as peake will stay fit for the whole year

thoughts?
Hmmmm.... if some by chance you actually mean the exact opposite of what you just typed then I would say yes- go for it.

haha

i think palmer is a young player and will run out of legs or he could be the next joel selwood

peake is a bit older and more durable for the whole year(form obviously a factor)

such a tough choice ARGH!

Look, you seem like a nice kid so as a Freo supporter let me put it in black and white for you.... Peake's form is so avergae at the minute that many of us want him dropped for this weekend's match (yes I know it's only Richmond!). Palmer on the other hand is blowing everyone away and looks to be the goods in a big big way.

I don't think you can afford get further ahead of yourself than that at this stage of the game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time DT’er, - therefore I have been following the advice regarding early and sideways trades etc. so have avoided the Hill’s etc. despite being a Doggies supporter.
I have 6 injured players – Dew, Croad, Higgins etc. If Cox is out I’m even worse off. I could just field a side with some low scoring rookies but the temptation is to trade. Is using 2 trades this early a problem? Such as:
Veszpremi>McKinley
Dew>M.Campbell
Higgins>Griffen etc.

(I hope I am using this board correctly)

besides palmer! anyone know who i should trade for dyson?

also any other rookies or thereabouts anyone think are worth getting/considering for starting 22 besides hill, rioli, palmer?

I was thinking Morton maybe, he got a score of 90's last week

yes but it is more of a sideways trade, cant see dyson doing too much worse than morton, i dont think there is anyone besides maybe tuck but i will have to wait and hope dyson does alright and downgrade a reserve after a few weeks to get money to upgrade him.
dont see why he isnt gettin at least 70s the way essendon are playing.

wondering about trying to get tuck, i definately feel there is value left in him. Just tossing up between the values left in geary and houli. i doubt there is much left in geary and even less in houli..hmmm what to do..... opinions would be appreciated thanks

First time DT’er, - therefore I have been following the advice regarding early and sideways trades etc. so have avoided the Hill’s etc. despite being a Doggies supporter.
I have 6 injured players – Dew, Croad, Higgins etc. If Cox is out I’m even worse off. I could just field a side with some low scoring rookies but the temptation is to trade. Is using 2 trades this early a problem? Such as:
Veszpremi>McKinley
Dew>M.Campbell
Higgins>Griffen etc.

(I hope I am using this board correctly)

Difficult without seeing the rest of your team.
Higgins seems to be gone for the year or most of it.
Higgins>Palmer
Hold Dew if possible as 1 more game should see his price rise.
Wear a 0 if Cox misses this week.

Look, you seem like a nice kid so as a Freo supporter let me put it in black and white for you.... Peake's form is so avergae at the minute that many of us want him dropped for this weekend's match (yes I know it's only Richmond!). Palmer on the other hand is blowing everyone away and looks to be the goods in a big big way.

I don't think you can afford get further ahead of yourself than that at this stage of the game....

yeah i now palmer is killing it, but how long can he?

Peake can step up, if he gets his game back lookout i reckon, his dad was amazing

Really disapointed with Tippet starting. Also have Rioli starting and on the bench Gamble and Sellar:thumbsdown:

Anyone know a cheap forward??
120,000 under:eek:

1) Dyson -> H.Taylor (I have Palmer and Bird on bench)
Symes -> P.Burgoyne/J.Bowden

2) Dyson -> T.Tuck
L.Hansen/Hartlett/SDT -> Pfeiffer or H.Taylor

3) Dyson -> H.Taylor
E.Barlow -> 327 700 back (eg: King)

4) Dyson -> T.Callan 110k or H.Taylor 83k
L.Hansen/Hartlett/SDT -> Pfeiffer/H.Taylor/S.Selwood (and make money whilst waiting for JBowden to drop in $$ (137 BE)

I fancy number 1 and may look to get P.Burgoyne he has looked good and got over 40 posses plus he has already vs Sydney (DT destroyers)

Thoughts and opinions in which option or any others

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 trades...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back