Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes and Fyfe in my team. Will keep Goodes but the Fyfe one is interesting

Barlow is a bargain but don't want to lose my DPP but i guess if Couch comes in soon i could trade Greene to him and regain the DPP

Re: Round 3 trades

Why would you trade the Porp out?

playing GWS, low breakeven

Plus he'll smash Port the week after like every small forward ever smashes Port. Unless Surjan plays on him, but on current form Surj would probably go to Callinan.

Trade advice from the Doc; resident DT noob. Oh shit time for my weekly column.. oh he is a premium who dropped in price and here is a guy with a larger average. Trade here guys... how he keeps his job I have no f****n idea.

How can you trust that guy? He's not even a real doctor!

Will be trading Heath Shaw this week for sure .. to Goddard

I really don't think he will come good, Buckley stated there is a shift from Micks game plan to his own this year and it will take time for the players to adjust - too many unknowns for me .. is it the down the corridor attack? or the "outs" in Collingwoods backline? .. just don't know

If his low scores are due to the "outs" .. then it is only Tarrant and Reid that could be affecting his scores .. and they arnt back until round 7+ or so?

So regretting trading Carazzo to Shaw 15mins before season lockout .. just cus I had it in the back of my head Carazzo will be up and down due to his tagging role he sometimes is given .. ahh well thats dreamteam for ya!

If Shaw does start gunning it after round 7 .. which I have my doubts about .. he will be cheap as chips!

Martin to Sidebottom or Whitecross?

I would go Sidebottom if you really wanted to trade him out. He has stepped it up this year and with Balls injury will have a more pivotal role. Bucks has included him in the list of players in line to pick up the slack Ball leaves in the middle.
Sidebottom also gets a decent amount of marks.
On the flip side, Hodge back (whenever that may be) may negatively affect Whitecross' scores.

I will be making no trades unless there is a set in stone announcement of fyfe's shoulder requiring surgery. No sideways trades of under-performing premiums, no nothing. Zooch.

Will be trading Heath Shaw this week for sure .. to Goddard

I really don't think he will come good, Buckley stated there is a shift from Micks game plan to his own this year and it will take time for the players to adjust - too many unknowns for me .. is it the down the corridor attack? or the "outs" in Collingwoods backline? .. just don't know

If his low scores are due to the "outs" .. then it is only Tarrant and Reid that could be affecting his scores .. and they arnt back until round 7+ or so?

So regretting trading Carazzo to Shaw 15mins before season lockout .. just cus I had it in the back of my head Carazzo will be up and down due to his tagging role he sometimes is given .. ahh well thats dreamteam for ya!

If Shaw does start gunning it after round 7 .. which I have my doubts about .. he will be cheap as chips!

Hmmm... I was thinking about trading Shaw in this week... Just shows in the world of DT everyone views things differently.

I would go Sidebottom if you really wanted to trade him out. He has stepped it up this year and with Balls injury will have a more pivotal role. Bucks has included him in the list of players in line to pick up the slack Ball leaves in the middle.

I love how he always peels off to the wing (always top of screen if you watch it on TV) to get to the mark coming out of the backline - great for the +6's. If you watch him closely you'll see he puts a lot of effort and run into getting free. I do agree that Ball's injury will provide Sidey with a move pivital role.

On the flip side, Hodge back (whenever that may be) may negatively affect Whitecross' scores.

I will be making no trades unless there is a set in stone announcement of fyfe's shoulder requiring surgery. No sideways trades of under-performing premiums, no nothing. Zooch.

Thanks mate, do you think I should trade him in for Martin? I wasn't worried about Martin before the weekend as he's low scores were against Carlton and Collingwood and I thought he would score pretty big against Melbourne (everyone is :p). But after his 64 on Saturday, I'm not too confident that his scoring will improve, and Richmond are coming up against Geelong and West Coast in the next two weeks. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say lmach, I'd like to get a tigers supporters' view on this but I feel he will come good. He can play much, much better than he is and I'm willing to take the punt on him improving very soon. I'd hate to waste a trade on the likes of Whitecross only to see the form of both swing the other way.
Although, I started the year with Sidebottom and Martin and would probably consider a swap for Sidey now if I didn't..

Have an eye on trading Martin to Cornes. My rank is way out at 35k so it could be worth a shot

I'm not into trading Shaw. He scored 81 last week in a loss to carlton who have been hard to score against. Saw him up th ground a fair bit.

Hard to say lmach, I'd like to get a tigers supporters' view on this but I feel he will come good. He can play much, much better than he is and I'm willing to take the punt on him improving very soon. I'd hate to waste a trade on the likes of Whitecross only to see the form of both swing the other way.
Although, I started the year with Sidebottom and Martin and would probably consider a swap for Sidey now if I didn't..

Yea I'm not too convinced with Whitecross, I'm ranked at 28k after being 7k the week before because last weeks horror round hurt me a lot. So right now I'm looking for someone who can give me a solid score each week instead of taking a risk on someone like Whitecross. So I think I might make the Martin to Sidey trade :thumbsu:

Have an eye on trading Martin to Cornes. My rank is way out at 35k so it could be worth a shot

I'm not into trading Shaw. He scored 81 last week in a loss to carlton who have been hard to score against. Saw him up th ground a fair bit.

My thoughts precisely, didn't get well received in the DT match day thread but I voiced that same opinion in there. However I can understand if people hadn't started with Goddard and want to make that trade.

I'm not trading Shaw either, he's starting to come good and was roaming up the ground much more the first two weeks. IMO, by the end of the year everyone will want be trading him in anyway.

Hm .. I may end up with Shaw at the end of the year ... but not starting with Goddard hurt me .. next upgrade will be to Carazzo if he continues form

I'm still within trade budget .. with 3 after this round

7 rooks (some of which may be keepers!!) to upgrade = 14 trades .. LTI's 5 trades .. and 5 whatever trades

trade budgeting peeps!! .. keep an eye on it! .. can't believe some people will be 6 trades down before this rounds lockout

be aggressive .. sure .. be smart .. thats the key

got to rank 36 at 2/3rds into last season .. then fell away badly ... mainly due to the fact I went to England and America and wasnt taking the game seriously .. I'm on the warpath this year and hope to finish top 1k

all the best this week .. and hope all your trades fall your way

i've gone Fyfe > Sidebottom & Greene > J Selwood.

I reckon Selwood's gonna go nuts over the next few weeks so i really want to get him in, plus i can't afford a better premium. The only concern i have is i will have three prem mids with the round 12 bye.

Insanity to think about trading Shaw or Martin out this early.

Fyfe>Sidebottom for me this week..

Staying well away from that overhyped midranger. Did this last season and simply failed and this year looking about the same.

Looking better this season though :thumbsu: in midfield, and good signs last game with 2nd most possessions on ground. Dont discount simply because he burned you last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back