Game Day Round 4 - WCE v Carl - 20/4 @ PS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm almost ashamed to call myself a fan with the rubbish the team served up tonight. Absolutely disappointed in the effort and skills. Seeing that kind of game from a team I know can be better just makes me sad, and a little angry. Think I might have a beer and forget about this.

I said this all pre season, we had two games in a 6 or 7 week period and the coaching staff did **** all about it. We had no preparation and look at what were dishing up. 1-3 but dont worry, we have the undefeated port next week at aami :rolleyes:
Even the commentators are asking if Woosh should do something during the game to change it up. It has become so rigid.
I just don't know..

an intriguing game. yarran clearly the difference in the end, other than our abysmal accuracy. as i wasnt at the game, would like to hear exactly how yarran continued to get free and what should have been done? would a quicker backman like smith been a better tagger than selwood over the course of the game? anyone else? from what i have seen of Jbrennan, he would be quick enough to chase yarran, but would not have the footy brain to stay with him

I'm almost ashamed to call myself a fan with the rubbish the team served up tonight. Absolutely disappointed in the effort and skills. Seeing that kind of game from a team I know can be better just makes me sad, and a little angry. Think I might have a beer and forget about this.
That's what i'm doing now too :( oh Rekorderlig my dear dear friend...

an intriguing game. yarran clearly the difference in the end, other than our abysmal accuracy. as i wasnt at the game, would like to hear exactly how yarran continued to get free and what should have been done? would a quicker backman like smith been a better tagger than selwood over the course of the game? anyone else? from what i have seen of Jbrennan, he would be quick enough to chase yarran, but would not have the footy brain to stay with him
adam selwood

think PTA are gonna kick our ars next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game.

Thumbs up for Glass, I've dislocated/sublaxed my shoulder before and it really Fn sucks. Great to see him stick out a game when he'd probably love to be kicking his feet up and getting a rub down.

If you'd converted a few tis would be a totally different story.

I wonder if peoples concerns over Woosha will be similar to the Ratten story of last year.

hams, crisp and a few other fringe players are not AFL standard. I think we knew that but we are now forced to play them together. Putting our money on wellingham as a good AFL mid (say B - B+) was needed. a poor performance across the board - others have mentioned passion but execution was the biggest problem with plenty of fumbles under pressure.

I dont think we will be much better until we get quite a few more back.

oooh I could go for some crisps now!!! salt and vinegar would be just nice!!

Interesting game.

Thumbs up for Glass, I've dislocated/sublaxed my shoulder before and it really Fn sucks. Great to see him stick out a game when he'd probably love to be kicking his feet up and getting a rub down.

If you'd converted a few tis would be a totally different story.

I wonder if peoples concerns over Woosha will be similar to the Ratten story of last year.
You must be happy with Malthouse's coaching effort for that game. I would call your forward line your weakness but they got scoring chances basically everytime they got it forward of centre. Think Jamison was excellent for you in defense as well. Now thats all the politeness I have left spent I think.

Positives for the Eagles tonight:
* Courage shown by Darren Glass to get back on the field after injuring his shoulder
* Sinclair showed more positive signs in the ruck
* Darling and Kennedy did well with the average supply provided during the game
* LeCras I thought played well , presented well and was clean with the hands

Even the commentators are asking if Woosh should do something during the game to change it up. It has become so rigid.
I just don't know..
what should woosha have done to stop yarran and garlett running quicker than the players the match committee selected? i know worsfold should have straightened up the game plan so the forwards were taking marks ten metres out straight in front, but how can he stop them missing?

First quarter and a half: We played our intended game plan and Carlton defended well
Half way through the second half: Their midfield proved that they could not only run with our best effort but had a little more in reserve
Third quarter: Our midfield gave them everything we had - Carlton matched it
Fourth quarter: Game plan changed, we threw everything but the kitchen sink. If we were good enough we would have taken it - we weren't.

Our midfield as it stands [without Wellingham and Nic Nat] is not good enough. Can't be more simple than that

Positives for the Eagles tonight:
* Courage shown by Darren Glass to get back on the field after injuring his shoulder
* Sinclair showed more positive signs in the ruck
* Darling and Kennedy did well with the average supply provided during the game
* LeCras I thought played well , presented well and was clean with the hands
Sinclair needs to kick goals. Three scoring shots and not one converted if I recall correctly. Darling and Kennedy kicked one goal between them. Terrible game.

In other news, I have found my exact doppelgänger.

If you were on tele waving a scarf above your head after Kerry's goal at the end of the third, then you look exactly like me. And I mean exactly. I'm getting texts from people asking when I went back to Perth.

Shitting myself here.

Sinclair needs to kick goals. Three scoring shots and not one converted if I recall correctly. Darling and Kennedy kicked one goal between them. Terrible game.

Agree with you there, accuracy of goal was poor but he gave effort 100% but his goalkicking let the team down at a couple of crucial stages. Looked we had 30-29 scoring shots, we werent totally outplayed, and on any other night, more scoring shots usually means you win more games. We had our chances and we didnt take them. Scoreboard pressure gets to players minds at stages during the game.

Dalziell is a hack and should never be selected again. Cannot see how he is still on the list and someone like Weedon is not! Too much emphasis on 2 km time trials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 4 - WCE v Carl - 20/4 @ PS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back