Game Day Round 5 2014 - Brisbane v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

if the kids are performing better in the NEAFL then the senior players then the kids should play.... Granted that all reports on games shows that indeed the kids are playing better than the senior players they should be in the team ahead of them

Bloody oath... wish we would ban the rolling "inexperienced/undermanned/tanking" discussions from match day threads

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The mods are tanking.

This thread needs more discussion on the fact we are an inexperienced side that is undermanned and looks to be selected with a view to tanking!

I knew there was something missing.

if the kids are performing better in the NEAFL then the senior players then the kids should play.... Granted that all reports on games shows that indeed the kids are playing better than the senior players they should be in the team ahead of them

Just because you're playing better in the NEAFL doesn't mean you'll be better in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many inexperienced mods brought into the side when we had older, more experienced mods sitting in the wings.

Those mods wouldn't get a gig anywhere else. They'll be gone at the end of the year anyway.

Sorry to rehash old quotes but this one of Robbo44 speaks volumes for me...

"Just flew in!
Excited for tonight's game at the Gabba.
Never been before.
Little insight into hopefully what we can expect to see tonight, Nick called me to tell me he was playing and he said "Dad, I'm going in differently this week, I was nervous and second guessing myself a bit but this week I'm just going to do it"
Like some have posted, especially after Tockys comments last night, the thing I love is that it seems like the boys after 4 heavy losses aren't falling over on their own swords but digging in!!
If I can see that tonight, I'll be rapt!!
C'mon boys give ya best tonight.
Congrats to an out and out champion tonight! Browny your a once in a generation champion player of the toughest position on the ground!!"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ions-v-richmond.1058511/page-13#post-32592748

This is why we have to believe that we are heading in the right direction.

I'm not suggesting that we can compare raw boned teenagers to 200 gamers for a second... but to have the insight that one of our young guys after one game already feels that little bit more composed and confident in himself is the reason this is more than just making do. This is investing in the future. Only a few hours now till we see whether or not each new game brings a little more growth and confidence in their own belief. Its nice to think that from now on that opening quarter siren brings less fear and trepidation and more belief and resilience for more and more of our team.

Seems the plan tonight is to get back to basics. Win the contested footy and get our game right with way less emphasis on what Richmond does. If we do that then we rob the Cotchins, Martins and Reiwoldts of opportunity.

We may not win, but after reading Robbo44's post it'll making losing easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back