Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first membership would have been mid 90s in the save our saints campaign. They had two girls going around at the preseasons games with a clipboard and a cash bucket back in those days and they'd give you your plastic clip card and a badge. It was not the most pro set up.
Hahaha this sums up the ethos of the club perfectly tbh. I mean this in an endearing way.

I was surprised at only 32,000 at the game on Thursday.

Given the response against the Eagles, the marquee slot, school holidays and it being against Richmond with their 483,000 members - this was a lot lower than I thought would be there.

Was the capacity capped? If so what was the cap?

I won't bother discussing it any further but here's a treat;

PM me your concerns and whatever else you think needs discussing in regards to the club and I will collate it all and send it to Matt.

Legitimate stuff only please, and only if you feel the need to reach out of course. When I say legitimate I mean don't PM me calling the Saints campaigners and leave it at that. Actual substance please lol.

At least that way you'll know for sure that you have been heard.

Cheers & goodnight

They stuffed it up on the screen then as I think they put up that it was 32,000 or around there.

But I could have been seeing things as the whole experience was like a weird illusion.

I was surprised at only 32,000 at the game on Thursday.

Given the response against the Eagles, the marquee slot, school holidays and it being against Richmond with their 483,000 members - this was a lot lower than I thought would be there.

Was the capacity capped? If so what was the cap?
Capacity is still at 75%.

But it would have been a combination of things - its a Thursday people dont want to be out late with work the next day, families dont like late nights or have things like sport training, the covid ticketing issues, was a bad weather forecast and some roadworks schedules which can turn people off too.

They stuffed it up on the screen then as I think they put up that it was 32,000 or around there.

But I could have been seeing things as the whole experience was like a weird illusion.
That’s capacity atm - the crowd was 32k or whatever they said it was

PM me your concerns and whatever else you think needs discussing in regards to the club and I will collate it all and send it to Matt.

Legitimate stuff only please, and only if you feel the need to reach out of course. When I say legitimate I mean don't PM me calling the Saints campaigners and leave it at that. Actual substance please lol.

Cheers & goodnight
I'm concerned that T. Rainee's talents are being wasted being played out of position. Please tell Matt to make her director of public correspondence and let her shine.

Been keeping away from here the last few days for my mental health. Just thought I'd take a quick look. Added about 50 pages since I last looked. Wow. Not going in there in any depth because I don't think it would be good for me.

I have been very disappointed since the Tigers game. Taken solace in my best week so far this year in Supercoach. Got to look on the bright side. Not going to dwell on our performance last Thursday.

We will play better. Hang in there Sainters. Had a good feeling approaching the West Coast game, but not as confident this week. Hopefully a few back will lift our team and our spirits.

Cheers & goodnight
Keep trainee receptionists away from emails

signed
Joffaboy

I'll say it again... having the email signed off with the title reception trainee is just plain dumb.

I just can't imagine a meeting inside any organisation where it's decided that that's the way to deal with disgruntled members.

Regardless of how busy they are etc, it's just a really stupid business practice. It's sloppy, and therefore paints the organisation in a bad light. Add to that how the club is going on the field, and it's just another thing that seems shambolic.
This guy gets it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers & goodnight
George, you are a good bloke and Great Saints man.

I almost feel like I'm going off topic but that was one of the most embarrassing performances I've seen as a Saints fan. 2nd time I've said that within 12 days of the Essendon debacle.

From the 19 minute mark of the 2nd Qtr to the 25 minute mark of the 3rd, there were 23 stoppages.

Richmond won 22 of them. That's right, 22. We won 1 measly clearance in that 35 minute span, which is the worst differential in AFL history over such a time period.

Our % is at 71, which is abysmal, and we have only won 5 quarters of football. 5 out of 20. North Melbourne have won more quarters than us FFS.

To me, the players are mentally weak. As soon as something goes against us, whether it's a dropped mark and the opposition take it coast to coast for a goal or whatever the case is, heads drop. Straight away. And that's it, we roll over. Yes, I'm aware of what happened in the West Coast game, but our form over the Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond games suggest that's an aberration.

The coaching staff need to come under some scrutiny too. Our stoppage set up is appalling. Teams easily win CLEAN clearances against us. Not rushed, scrappy kicks off the boot like us, but clean takeaways. Skrobalak, Ratten and Rath need to work something out there, and fast.

If it was up to me I wouldn’t have the club respond at all, there’s no way in winning those situations especially in today’s world of social media.

Unfortunately we just support a club that aren’t very good and have never really been much good. Here’s hoping one day luck will turn but until then I’ll keep buying my yearly interstate membership that gets me next to nothing.

They obviously frustrate the hell out of me but I’ve been in favour of the majority of our decisions in the past two years from board level down.

Richmond won 22 of them. That's right, 22. We won 1 measly clearance in that 35 minute span, which is the worst differential in AFL history over such a time period.

This on top of a 40 year record breaking lack of tackles vs Essendon, faaaaaaaark it's ugly. WTF is happening this season? No hunger or desire.

I might be imagining things, but does anyone think it's been a slightly depressing start to the season for our players? I'm talking about off-field events or commitments.
We had a coach snap our gun defender's leg in two. Our number 1 ruckman gets injured, and our number 2 ruckman goes on stress leave. We had a very sombre build up for Danny's match. We visited the sick children in hospital at Easter. Gresh gone for the year. Another sombre build up for Maddie's match. Nice guy Hill struggling with the blowtorch.

I know we do so many wonderful things off the field but if I'm a player going through all that in such a short period of time, none of that really pumps me up to destroy the opposition, I find it all a bit dispiriting to be honest. It's a bit heavy, whenever I've seen our lads off-field this year there's always something sombre involved. I absolutely love what they do, but I wouldn't have much of a fighting spirit around all that. Just something I've noticed and felt.

This on top of a 40 year record breaking lack of tackles vs Essendon, faaaaaaaark it's ugly. WTF is happening this season? No hunger or desire.

I might be imagining things, but does anyone think it's been a slightly depressing start to the season for our players? I'm talking about off-field events or commitments.
We had a coach snap our gun defender's leg in two. Our number 1 ruckman gets injured, and our number 2 ruckman goes on stress leave. We had a very sombre build up for Danny's match. We visited the sick children in hospital at Easter. Gresh gone for the year. Another sombre build up for Maddie's match. Nice guy Hill struggling with the blowtorch.

I know we do so many wonderful things off the field but if I'm a player going through all that in such a short period of time, none of that really pumps me up to destroy the opposition, I find it all a bit dispiriting to be honest. It's a bit heavy, whenever I've seen our lads off-field this year there's always something sombre involved. I absolutely love what they do, but I wouldn't have much of a fighting spirit around all that. Just something I've noticed and felt.
Yep fair point - look back a month or so on here and it was all about how the club must be cursed - black cats, broken mirrors, ladders etc etc.

Players are human and after heading into the year on such a high to have so many negative things happen its got to have an impact. Probably further compounded by the lack of real leaders at the club and then we lose our only real onfield leaders in Gears and Hanners.

Capacity is still at 75%.

But it would have been a combination of things - its a Thursday people dont want to be out late with work the next day, families dont like late nights or have things like sport training, the covid ticketing issues, was a bad weather forecast and some roadworks schedules which can turn people off too.

Yeah, we had soccer training and there are others at our club that follow Saints and Tigers and might have otherwise gone.

I almost feel like I'm going off topic but that was one of the most embarrassing performances I've seen as a Saints fan. 2nd time I've said that within 12 days of the Essendon debacle.

From the 19 minute mark of the 2nd Qtr to the 25 minute mark of the 3rd, there were 23 stoppages.

Our % is at 71, which is abysmal, and we have only won 5 quarters of football. 5 out of 20. North Melbourne have won more quarters than us FFS.

To me, the players are mentally weak. As soon as something goes against us, whether it's a dropped mark and the opposition take it coast to coast for a goal or whatever the case is, heads drop. Straight away. And that's it, we roll over. Yes, I'm aware of what happened in the West Coast game, but our form over the Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond games suggest that's an aberration.

The coaching staff need to come under some scrutiny too. Our stoppage set up is appalling. Teams easily win CLEAN clearances against us. Not rushed, scrappy kicks off the boot like us, but clean takeaways. Skrobalak, Ratten and Rath need to work something out there, and fast.

Against a side that is happy to lose clearance. It was ridiculously poor. They have a below average ruck man who is happy to just make a contest. Ratts and the coaching staff might have rested players to attack Port hard without injury but that's a terrible model which is teaching them when it's acceptable to take the foot off. Crouch should have made us a lot harder to beat in clearance. It was a waste of money if we aren't using him the way he's best used.

Against a side that is happy to lose clearance. It was ridiculously poor. They have a below average ruck man who is happy to just make a contest. Ratts and the coaching staff might have rested players to attack Port hard without injury but that's a terrible model which is teaching them when it's acceptable to take the foot off. Crouch should have made us a lot harder to beat in clearance. It was a waste of money if we aren't using him the way he's best used.
Nankervis's past 12 months have very good. Calling him a below average ruckman is way off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back