Preview Round 5, 2022: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 16th April, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • Suns

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOSSY said of the SUNS, after the game when the stats for Clearances +18 and Contested possessions +13 were put to him..... quite emphatically, "the SUNS were tougher and cleaner than us....Full stop."

He went on to assert that the BLUES were able to put some decent "tackle heat on them .....but the SUNS' ability to then get it to the outside quickly was pretty impressive."

Regardless of this statement, the SUNS are going to be a tough opponent.... well more so than the last few years and that has always been pretty line ball...... they too are growing and have some genuine potential being realised as well. There are more than a few. Not dissimilar to ourselves, i think they are consolidating belief. The likes of ROWELL and POWELL , LOKOSIUS, (Mr.) ANDERSON, TOUK MILLER, and (Eric B)& RANKINE, provide a 'paid in full' service to the SUNS. There are many others....

"The SUNS beat CARLTON at their own clearance game!" "After conceding the first two goals of the match, the SUNS hit back with five of the last six goals of the term.." Sounds kind of familiar.

They are much better, I feel/fear, than they have been but so are we!

Last edited:
Paddy > Campbell

Then I'm torn. Maybe;

Byrnes > Higgins
Windhager to the sub (which I hate)

When JB, Jones and Clark come back we're going to have some serious competition for spots. Long, Lienert and the kids are probably the ones in the gun, although I'm absolutely loath to drop blokes who are great by foot.

The likes of ROWELL and POWELL , LOKOSIUS, (Mr.) ANDERSON, TOUK MILLER, and (Eric B)& RANKINE, provide a 'paid in full' service to the SUNS. There are many others....

"The SUNS beat CARLTON at their own clearance game!" "After conceding the first two goals of the match, the SUNS hit back with five of the last six goals of the term.." Sounds kind of familiar.

I see what you did there…

1649651485350.jpeg

Where has the Saints’ improvement come from?!”

A2FAFB9A-603A-4D3D-B41C-83D7E0CAED89.jpeg 9EA7EFB8-95A8-469B-9256-362F9AAF85FE.jpeg CEF3003F-BEA1-4AD1-91A3-07820341109F.jpeg 74B9CEBA-FC0C-4CD7-9521-BAA5B4FF11FE.jpeg 3527C642-FB40-490D-A503-82CE014B2135.jpeg 6BF2E081-EEDA-4FA5-B00E-34D971B4E3FE.jpeg A9769917-E893-47E1-823B-80127D36BC7E.jpeg
2E1F893C-EA22-4AB7-B6CE-F8A59EEB69E5.jpeg

With apologies to the ever-dependable Steele, Wilkie, Sinclair, and Membrey.

And DMac, whose output is much greater than it appears statistically.

Last edited:
Now we’re back in the top four I’m going to be unbearable again for at least a week.
At some point we’ll come thudding back to Earth, but let’s enjoy it for now.

It’s really nice to be playing attractive footy again, and having genuine match-winners in the team.

GWS had Lachie Ash tag/run with Touk Miller last week, Miller had 17 touches, 3 tackles, 3 clearances and no influence in the game. This week Carlton didn't put anyone on Miller and he had 32 touches, 0 tackles and 8 clearances. Is it worth while having someone sit on him during the game?

GWS had Lachie Ash tag/run with Touk Miller last week, Miller had 17 touches, 3 tackles, 3 clearances and no influence in the game. This week Carlton didn't put anyone on Miller and he had 32 touches, 0 tackles and 8 clearances. Is it worth while having someone sit on him during the game?
We've never played a hard tag under Ratten so I can't see it happening. But expect one of Crouch and Ross to play him defensively at stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've never played a hard tag under Ratten so I can't see it happening. But expect one of Crouch and Ross to play him defensively at stoppages.
Ross.

Can anyone recommend a good spot to sit for this weekends game? I'm coming with someone that's never been to a game before, so want to try and get surrounded by Saints fans to give them the full nuff experience.

At some point we’ll come thudding back to Earth, but let’s enjoy it for now.

It’s really nice to be playing attractive footy again, and having genuine match-winners in the team.

That's what I liked most, it was a beautiful brand of footy, high scoring, high intensity and free flowing. Everything that we used to love about the game. I hope it is here to stay. When it's dour it's a long slow game, when it's played like that it's too short.

Can anyone recommend a good spot to sit for this weekends game? I'm coming with someone that's never been to a game before, so want to try and get surrounded by Saints fans to give them the full nuff experience.

Call the club and sit behind the goals. The cheer squad would be the place for that.

That's what I liked most, it was a beautiful brand of footy, high scoring, high intensity and free flowing. Everything that we used to love about the game. I hope it is here to stay. When it's dour it's a long slow game, when it's played like that it's too short.
I said to my old man after the game Sunday that it was the footy I remember as a kid…

Plugger would have kicked 12. 😉

VOSSY said of the SUNS, after the game when the stats for Clearances +18 and Contested possessions +13 were put to him..... quite emphatically, "the SUNS were tougher and cleaner than us....Full stop."

He went on to assert that the BLUES were able to put some decent "tackle heat on them .....but the SUNS' ability to then get it to the outside quickly was pretty impressive."

Regardless of this statement, the SUNS are going to be a tough opponent.... well more so than the last few years and that has always been pretty line ball...... they too are growing and have some genuine potential being realised as well. There are more than a few. Not dissimilar to ourselves, i think they are consolidating belief. The likes of ROWELL and POWELL , LOKOSIUS, (Mr.) ANDERSON, TOUK MILLER, and (Eric B)& RANKINE, provide a 'paid in full' service to the SUNS. There are many others....

Hope we don't "sweat the technique."

Yeah so good to watch, let the players play

Firstly Gold Coast must kick the first 2 goals quickly. No idea if Ryder is out or not so I will go with him out. Hayes for Ryder. Higgins for windhanger or long. I will go with the young kid out. Marshall needs to start playing well. Has been ordinary. Witts will beat him in the ruck so he has to beat him around the ground. Howard was thrashed yesterday. One of his worst games so needs to fight back. Our mids are on fire which has allowed sinclair to go back again which is great for the side because hill isn’t a back. Wing and half forward is his go. Should win but it will be a close game.

Unfortunately there is an opposition and not every side is going to let us play anything like that. I’d expect the next few games to be lockdown games. Maybe not this one but after that.

I'd love to help but I always end up smack in the middle of opposition supporters, I'm sure there won't be to much danger of that this week though ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back