Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 656044

Goes without saying, but I need your help guys. I'm hoping this team can now be some sort of group project where we all work together to get it into the top 1000. Will be challenging no doubt.
I know we can't really do much right now with so much doubt on a number of players but any ideas would be helpful. Will choose the most popular options as my trades for this week.
Thanks in advance
Either Williams to Whitfield or Parker to Heeney.
Plus Burgess to Hore.

Feels like a downgrade week for my team with only 29k in the kitty. I'm not really liking any of the bubble boys though, any suggestions on who should make way and who I should bring in?

dt rd5.JPG
dt rd5 fwd.JPG

I'm not convinced on Stacks scoring, he might be ok in Supercoach to take though
I'm not either, plus he's likely to be squeezed out regardless in coming weeks with players returning from injury.

But at $130k he's dirt cheap and the only realistic way I can get the cash to go Hoff->Gawn.

Also starting at the lower base means he will gain money quicker in the initial phase. If I can get 3 more games from him he'll go up $100k even if his scores are meh

Either Williams to Whitfield or Parker to Heeney.
Plus Burgess to Hore.
Would hold Burgess with the lack of forward rookies around

Only Bolton is cheap enough, Baker is too expensive, would need to ton up his next game to be viable considering his price

Feels like a downgrade week for my team with only 29k in the kitty. I'm not really liking any of the bubble boys though, any suggestions on who should make way and who I should bring in?

View attachment 656194
View attachment 656195
I'd hold this week unless forced to trade to cover rests

You're not making much on Gibbons to Stack plus I feel Stack is a better Supercoach option rather than DT, might as well hold Gibbons an extra week or so then bring Ross in. Too early to dump Atkins, that 70 will moo him up to around 300k then maybe dump at that price if he's only scoring 40s still

You already have Hore, so I guess squeeze a week or two more out of Clark. Lockhart the only defensive option for you and as a Dees fan you'd know more where he sits in the pecking order than us

You only have 5 rookies onfield, so you're well equipped to deal with a few rests I think

Thinking Williams down to Hore for the cash, that will push Scrimshaw on the ground with Duursma.

The other trade might be Cousin to a forward premium. That moves Constable on the ground, Setterfield hidden on the midfield bench.

Forward line will be Danger, Boak, ???, Worpel, McCarthy, Drew, Parker and Bolta.
I should have 150k In the bank, with a McCarthy > Tim Kelly in my sights.

I'd hold this week unless forced to trade to cover rests

You're not making much on Gibbons to Stack plus I feel Stack is a better Supercoach option rather than DT, might as well hold Gibbons an extra week or so then bring Ross in. Too early to dump Atkins, that 70 will moo him up to around 300k then maybe dump at that price if he's only scoring 40s still

You already have Hore, so I guess squeeze a week or two more out of Clark. Lockhart the only defensive option for you and as a Dees fan you'd know more where he sits in the pecking order than us

You only have 5 rookies onfield, so you're well equipped to deal with a few rests I think

The only rookie downgrade I'm seriously considering this week is Parker (b/e 33) >Stack (via Setters) but I'd only do that if Balta keeps his place as I don't like not having bench cover, even if it's only 20 points. Yes Parker still has a bit more cash to make, but Stack will make 60k this week even with a spud score. I'm hearing some rumours that Parker might not get up this week, so it would make the decision easier if he doesn't play.

The other downgrade I like is Clark > Rotham, but I'll probably pass on that as I don't rate Rotham's JS even though I think he could be a decent earner. (I don't rate Lockhart or his JS)

Atkins > Ross on the cards for next week if JR gets a 3rd game, but if Parker plays and Atkins is dropped this week I might do Atkins > Stack this week instead.

I can match it i traded Gawn to Hoff after round 1 and forgot to reverse before the bounce and now im stuck with hoffs 40s while Gawn tonnes up everyweek

Can admit I did the same

Hoff killing me/us each week

The only rookie downgrade I'm seriously considering this week is Parker (b/e 33) >Stack (via Setters) but I'd only do that if Balta keeps his place as I don't like not having bench cover, even if it's only 20 points. Yes Parker still has a bit more cash to make, but Stack will make 60k this week even with a spud score. I'm hearing some rumours that Parker might not get up this week, so it would make the decision easier if he doesn't play.

The other downgrade I like is Clark > Rotham, but I'll probably pass on that as I don't rate Rotham's JS even though I think he could be a decent earner. (I don't rate Lockhart or his JS)

Atkins > Ross on the cards for next week if JR gets a 3rd game, but if Parker plays and Atkins is dropped this week I might do Atkins > Stack this week instead.
Yeah I don't rate Rothams JS

I feel Hores is ok because

He played JLT when all of May, Lewis, Hibberd etc were around in the side

Obviously injury has seen him come back in, but Hibberd has fallen away significantly, I'd be pumping games into Hore over Hibberd or even a Josh Wagner type

I'm only holding Parker a bit longer because he has an ok ceiling, will hope there's another 80 in there, somewhere soon

No history of premo scoring in the 9 previous years for Sheppard. Has he had a role change this year?

View attachment 656330
Yeah I can't go there

Hurn before last year at least threatened premium status a few times, but never went on with it (was poor to finish last year, but if you started with him or brought him in early you'd have gotten value for money, bit like how McLean ended up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Williams down to Hore for the cash, that will push Scrimshaw on the ground with Duursma.

The other trade might be Cousin to a forward premium. That moves Constable on the ground, Setterfield hidden on the midfield bench.

Forward line will be Danger, Boak, ???, Worpel, McCarthy, Drew, Parker and Bolta.
I should have 150k In the bank, with a McCarthy > Tim Kelly in my sights.
Yeah good move there on Cousins, I'd be happy to move him on early if I had better midfield bench reserves, alas I don't as Cousins, Walsh and Constable are my M6-8 so Cousins needs to become a premium mid when I'm done with him

You were previously missing out on Constable, so it's a reasonably solid move

current fwdline is - Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Drew, Setterfield, Parker, [Schultz, Burgess]

i'm aiming to keep Setterfield, so i'm planning on the following:
Cousins -> Ross,J
Burgess -> Dunkley... (gulp)

yes, i know Dunkley is out of form, but i strongly believe his end-of-year-average will be a lot better than the current 74.75
he also fits in nicely for the byes

Setterfields suspension is a killer...

Parker injured
Drew chance to be dropped
Balta a spud
Other rookie options balta like

Team Selection this week is going to be big...there will be a lot of teams in trouble if parker misses and drew gets dropped.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only way Drew gets dropped is if they want to rest him. Ken Hinkley was singing his praises earlier in the week.

current fwdline is - Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Drew, Setterfield, Parker, [Schultz, Burgess]

i'm aiming to keep Setterfield, so i'm planning on the following:
Cousins -> Ross,J
Burgess -> Dunkley... (gulp)

yes, i know Dunkley is out of form, but i strongly believe his end-of-year-average will be a lot better than the current 74.75
he also fits in nicely for the byes

Gutsy, but I like it!

Forward rookies were a disaster last week but I expect Rozee to bounce back and am hopeful that McCarthy and Drew do the same.

As long as Cousins gets up (eight day break should help), my on-field mid rookies are looking great. Butters is a hold for me – apart from last week he's consistently been in the mid to high 60s and after that 93 in JLT1 (admittedly spending more time in the midfield) I expect he'll have an 80+ game sooner rather than later. The Norf board seems to have mixed opinions on whether Scott comes back this week or not – I'll probably hold him either way in the hope that he repeats his Round 1 effort at some point. Gibbons with a BE of 20 can stay for another week – fingers crossed Jack Ross has another good game in which case he'll come in for Gibbons next week.

Brodie Smith I'll hold until he starts losing significant cash, I'm happy to take his 70s with the odd 80/90. Duursma and Scrimshaw both have some more money to make and are okay on field for the moment. Clark should bounce back and moo for a few more weeks – glad not to have him on-field though. Burgess I think is cooked, pretty certain I'll bring Hore (back) in for him this week.

Outside of Burgess —> Hore, I can't see much else that needs to be done this week. Thoughts?

Edit: Actually, is anyone else toying with the idea of bringing Reilly O'Brien in? Looks like Jacobs is more than likely going to miss several weeks, which could be enough time for RO'B to make a very handy amount of cash.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 10.20.20.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back