Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark to Hore and I want to upgrade Sheed.

Do I go Cripps/Neale and have 20k left or go for a better priced option? (ie Rocky)

Last edited:
Media saying Sauce likely needs surgery and will be out for up to 2 months

Wasn't totally sure if Reilly O'Brien is worth the hassle in DT compared to SC due to cheaper price and better output in SC, he seems a better SC pick, but eh, maybe the cash he generates could be worth it, I'm coming around to the idea I guess, it gives me an extra week to eek cash out of the likes of Clark, Cousins, Gibbons and Butters and I've only used 2 trades so far, so can make a luxury cash cow move like this

211k, might get to about 450k I guess and be a decent cow until his bye or whenever Sauce, but feel he'll put my structure out

Could do it though

Bines to ROB, Balta to Hore via Burgess forward (trade Burgess if he is dropped instead)

Loophole Setterfield if required (Carlton and Gold Coast play Sunday which helps with forward late withdrawals), he can be used to loophole next week also

Miss out on Heeney (in doubt anyway), but will trade a premium in next week and potentially have more dollars with more rookies making $$$

Was planning a forward upgrade like Heeney or Daniel this week, but this could be the best move for the long game (I haven't had a proper ruck rookie since 2015, had some GWS kid called Downie in the back half of the year when Mummy went down, but he was a coverage pick)

Thanks for that news Pups. ROB a genuine option now

Maybe Setterfield>Newnes and Williams>T.Stew.
Not bad

I reckon Setterfield will make more cash than Butters though plus has DPP

Reckon chuck Setterfield in the mids as a loopholer, and yep stay with Newnes and Stewart trades, but just trade Butters instead of Setterfield

Plenty of midfield rookies who'll be popping up soon, so Balta/Drew/Parker can go for a midfield rookie in a week or two, then move Setters back forward
Either Williams to Whitfield or Parker to Heeney.
Plus Burgess to Hore.
Thanks for all the trade suggestions, much appreciated. Coot, you know I want to trade ZWilliams but can't justify it when I persist with guys like Crisp and BSmith. Plus, ZWilliams will start tonning up as soon as I get rid of him, probably Shaw will get injured or something. Plus I'm not totally convinced on Heeney's role yet, especially when he is in doubt for this week.

I'm liking the moves to get Newnes and Stewart in. I'm a little more convinced on Newnes since we don't know what impact Tuohy will have yet. My fwd line is putrid when I'm fielding 3 rookies every week, especially when I always pick the ones that get 40s. With concerns on Drew and Parker, I think it may be worth bringing 2 fwd premos in. I've seen enough of Billings that I think he will be top 6 fwd, but as Pups said we don't know how Hanners will impact.

Can't really decide on much until teams because if Drew and Parker don't get up then I'll be trading to avoid a donut...

So due to my horrible fwd line, BSmith-Williams-Crisp combo survives again. Hopefully they show something this week but I'm not confident. If I didn't have Setterfield to deal with I probably would have traded one of those guys straight to Whitfield or Laird, both will go big this week

We have two glaring weaknesses in my side;
1) not having Grundy
2) playing three rookies in the forwards and only two in mids, meaning Constable has warmed the pine all year.

Mummy is doing fine enough playing as R2 and with the coin saved on having him, rather than Grundy, I'm making up points elsewhere (at least theoretically that should be correct); although, it's probably still not the greatest situation, but still it's the lesser of my problems. Anyway, rookies we're thinking Cousins and Powell to Tim Kelly and Lockhart in. Leaves us with $3500, and the Worpedo at F4.

Media saying Sauce likely needs surgery and will be out for up to 2 months

Wasn't totally sure if Reilly O'Brien is worth the hassle in DT compared to SC due to cheaper price and better output in SC, he seems a better SC pick, but eh, maybe the cash he generates could be worth it, I'm coming around to the idea I guess, it gives me an extra week to eek cash out of the likes of Clark, Cousins, Gibbons and Butters and I've only used 2 trades so far, so can make a luxury cash cow move like this

211k, might get to about 450k I guess and be a decent cow until his bye or whenever Sauce, but feel he'll put my structure out

Could do it though

Bines to ROB, Balta to Hore via Burgess forward (trade Burgess if he is dropped instead)

Loophole Setterfield if required (Carlton and Gold Coast play Sunday which helps with forward late withdrawals), he can be used to loophole next week also

Miss out on Heeney (in doubt anyway), but will trade a premium in next week and potentially have more dollars with more rookies making $$$

Was planning a forward upgrade like Heeney or Daniel this week, but this could be the best move for the long game (I haven't had a proper ruck rookie since 2015, had some GWS kid called Downie in the back half of the year when Mummy went down, but he was a coverage pick)

I think he’s definitely an option but trading Bines IMO is the wrong way about it. Everything going well he’s only going to be emergency cover, you’ll burn two trades and your projected 450k wouldn’t still justify it for me.

Trade 1 Bines to ROB -80k,
O’Brien growth by your projections would be 240k, would still need to minus that original 80k. So two trades once you move him on for 160k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s definitely an option but trading Bines IMO is the wrong way about it. Everything going well he’s only going to be emergency cover, you’ll burn two trades and your projected 450k wouldn’t still justify it for me.

Trade 1 Bines to ROB -80k,
O’Brien growth by your projections would be 240k, would still need to minus that original 80k. So two trades once you move him on for 160k.
In your position where you may have made a few more trades I understand, but I've still got the 28.

If I were to do it this way you're suggesting then I'd be trading Butters and his BE is only 22, potentially Clark goes too, but his BE is only 30 odd, I get 1 more week to look at these rookies and eek more cash out of them and work out the order of chopping them (Clark, Butters, Parker, Gibbons, Cousins and maybe Scott are the ones who I'll likely be moving on early)

I can't justify having both having Bines and Setterfield on my forwards and midfield bench accumulating donuts the next few weeks when there are a few forwards in doubt this week already plus Cousins potentially

Happy to cop one of them and use that as a loophole but not both

Doing this helps me structurally and I feel helps put more points onfield if we get a few rests as I'll have one more bench options to choose from

Got 242k in the bank already, will cost me 63k to do if I get rid of Balta (useless) and Bines

It might cost me 63k to do this trade, but I'm potentially going to make more cash from the rookies that survive the chop now that wouldn't have if I keep Bines

There will be midfield rookies available from next week plus the more expensive Bolton and Baker options up forward if needed, giving my current rookies more time will help me make an informed decision on these upcoming rookies next week. O'Brien is a no brainer for now though

And ROB has Witt's this week. Will get smashed.
Gets around the ground well apparently does O'Brien

From what has been said about him he doesn't necessarily rely on hitouts to score, like English and Marshall, I watched the North game last week, only thing I noticed was he has a few follow up efforts in him, but aside from that he's just a young ruck finding his way

He had Goldy and Stanley last two weeks and scored ok on them

As long as he can lay a few tackles to start with then he'll be ok

Just hoping for a 60 really, anything more is a bonus

Round 11 and 12 he has Gawn and Mumford, they might test him, but aside from Witts this week his ruck draw isn't too bad, Stef/McInerney and Lycett/Ryder the only strong pairings he'll come up against until Gawn

ROB better pick than Mumford?

Anyone could be better than Westhoff.
ROB will give you the best part of 150k more than Mummy

Mummy should score better I guess though, but might only be 5-10 points

Depends what you value more here, extra cash or extra points

Whoever your secondary move is should be the deciding factor here

Set on these trades
Gibbons > O’brien
Move Setters to mids and Hoff Fwd
Butters > Stack
180k left
Nice move

Hoff a problem but his JS is sound and gets a better rookie in O'Brien onfield, that's a good structural move imo even though it might not net you many more points

Could go Dunkley to Tim Kelly (or Newnes/Daniel). Then maybe Gibbons to Stack/Lockhart to try and get some spare money.

Or Dunkley to Worpel and Bines to O'brien.

Or Gibbons to Stack/Lockhart and Bines to O'brien.

Not sure which is the bigger priority really. Dunkley to Kelly seems an obvious move. Really not convinced on Stack or Lockhart. Still not convinced on Worpel either.

Or I could just leave everything as it is.

Just going with a gut feel. I know history suggests otherwise but I do feel his role is different this year.

His role hasn’t entirely changed though he’s not always a lockdown defender every week with the emergence of Tom Cole. But I think he might just be the hungriest player in the AFL at the moment with the way his season ended last year. We’re using his foot skills a lot more across the backline as he rarely coughs it up.

Nice move

Hoff a problem but his JS is sound and gets a better rookie in O'Brien onfield, that's a good structural move imo even though it might not net you many more points
Why thank you ! I do feel like it’s definitely the right move

ROB will give you the best part of 150k more than Mummy

Mummy should score better I guess though, but might only be 5-10 points

Depends what you value more here, extra cash or extra points

Whoever your secondary move is should be the deciding factor here

Yeah will go ROB for cash.
Will be able to move him to a premium (gawn) quicker.

Westhoff just needed to go. So any points over 50 is a bonus really.

It's just annoying having to waste 3 trades now for gawn when I had him already.

Have to play Miers, drew, rozee fwd this week due to setterfield.

Hoping Boak gets Hutchings and doesn't score well (doubt it will matter as he loves hunting the ball now).

Will just let my other rookies go and grab maybe Ross next week if he does the do a Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back