Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20190418_131039.png

4-6 eh

At least ROB saved his best score for his second game, giving him an extra week of mooing to start with

4-6 is all we might need him for too, he's at a higher price but scoring well, Rozee is 377k already for example starting from a similar price to ROB and that was off 1 big score and 2 scores around 70

29 left, and thinking a double this week.

Concerns
- Burgess and Balta look like they're drying up.
- Gibbons not a huge cash generating option. Bailey Scott not playing. Butters scroing dropping.
- Has Sheed plateaued or will he drop?

Ideally I trade out Balta, maybe upgrade Sheed (or run a risk on Libba), but I don't really have another option for Balta.

Unconventionally I could go:
Sheed -> Stack (onfield)
Balta -> Boak
Pushing Parker or Drew to the forward bench. Concerned about buying high on Boak though, does he average 100+ from now on?

Another option could be a backline upgrade... Balta to someone via Burgess. I think that means I'd bench Scrimshaw, and field Parker/Burgess up front.

Thoughts?

29 left, and thinking a double this week.

Concerns
- Burgess and Balta look like they're drying up.
- Gibbons not a huge cash generating option. Bailey Scott not playing. Butters scroing dropping.
- Has Sheed plateaued or will he drop?

Ideally I trade out Balta, maybe upgrade Sheed (or run a risk on Libba), but I don't really have another option for Balta.

Unconventionally I could go:
Sheed -> Stack (onfield)
Balta -> Boak
Pushing Parker or Drew to the forward bench. Concerned about buying high on Boak though, does he average 100+ from now on?

Another option could be a backline upgrade... Balta to someone via Burgess. I think that means I'd bench Scrimshaw, and field Parker/Burgess up front.

Thoughts?
The Sheed/Boak move will work

If

You think Stack will outscore Parker

And you think Boak will outscore Sheed

Boak is a keeper, while Sheed is probably M9 in a completed side

Boak looks unreal. I'd be getting him in at his highest. Wants the ball and the tackle very much.

I might be one of the few who has made the call to hold Sheed. Live and die by the sword right? ATM he's M6 and could well end up M8 while I focus on being able to upgrade Walsh and Constable at some stage.

Do you guys hold setterfield or move him on?

Obviously the upside of moving him is cash generation right now instead of having nothing for 2 weeks.

Do you guys hold setterfield or move him on?

Obviously the upside of moving him is cash generation right now instead of having nothing for 2 weeks.
I'm holding because in two weeks he's still likely to be the best rookie onfield option in the forward line.

I might be one of the few who has made the call to hold Sheed. Live and die by the sword right? ATM he's M6 and could well end up M8 while I focus on being able to upgrade Walsh and Constable at some stage.
Reckon there's a chance Walsh outscores him. Rd1 without Gaff he looked like pre-season form. Subsequently he's looked like the back half of last season where he averaged 84 over 8 games, with only 2 crossing over with Gaff. Better football, but still not a top end DT mid.

View attachment 657144
Couple of new rooks to keep an eye on...hopefully those still with dunkley he holds his spot
Hayes will be a great downgrade option in the mids

Should average 60-70 if he's not pigeonholed as a deep forward

Not sure on Young, seems they rate him though, undersized key defender, not sure if they'll use him as an interceptor or lockdown

Hayes will be a great downgrade option in the mids

Should average 60-70 if he's not pigeonholed as a deep forward

Not sure on Young, seems they rate him though, undersized key defender, not sure if they'll use him as an interceptor or lockdown
TedDougChris mentioned on the AF board the knock on Hayes is his DE%, and JS might not be there (compared with Stack atm).

I'm holding because in two weeks he's still likely to be the best rookie onfield option in the forward line.

Reckon there's a chance Walsh outscores him. Rd1 without Gaff he looked like pre-season form. Subsequently he's looked like the back half of last season where he averaged 84 over 8 games, with only 2 crossing over with Gaff. Better football, but still not a top end DT mid.

You make a very valid point. Maybe I’m holding onto a dream that Gaff will be suspended for a lengthy period?? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys know any good forward rookies I can down grade Setterfield too?

Think about Parker and Setterfield for Heeny and a Rookie, thoughts?

You guys know any good forward rookies I can down grade Setterfield too?

Think about Parker and Setterfield for Heeny and a Rookie, thoughts?
I'm struggling to find any. Maybe a Tigers fan could shed some light on their rookies that played last round (Baker and Bolton)?

Was thinking about torching Cousins early. Bit of a gamble on him returning < 78 scores from here on out.

Right now I reckon Williams has Setterfield, Parker, Drew and Balta covered. But he's losing cash, so.. yeah. Hard one.
Yeah it is tough. I admit I am chasing points with Lloyd, while im hoping Parker can score 50s for a couple rounds before i upgrade my forwardline. It is a bit ambitious but as long as Balta stays on the bench i shouldnt be too unhappy. I am actually thinking about downgrading Smith soon in order to upgrade my forwardline. However, i need a bloody backline rookie to stand up in order to make that trade!

Yeah it is tough. I admit I am chasing points with Lloyd, while im hoping Parker can score 50s for a couple rounds before i upgrade my forwardline. It is a bit ambitious but as long as Balta stays on the bench i shouldnt be too unhappy. I am actually thinking about downgrading Smith soon in order to upgrade my forwardline. However, i need a bloody backline rookie to stand up in order to make that trade!
I've got Smith as well, and I'd planned him to be a stepping stone but I reckon he might end up being my last upgrade on field.

Balta's probably gonna play until Riewoldt gets back at the worst, but you know Amanda's no chance.
My options appear to be
1. Bench Setterfield to 2 weeks, Parker F6, Balta EMG
2. Setterfield to O'Brien, Parker F6, Balta EMG
3. Trade Setterfield to a non bubble player (Young, Bolton)

Shame I don't have any DPP links in the middle like I usually like to have, Stack would have been an easy in.

I've got Smith as well, and I'd planned him to be a stepping stone but I reckon he might end up being my last upgrade on field.
I intended to keep him for a long time but at the moment my forwardline is a shambles so he may need to make way sooner rather than later. Although it depends entirely upon what rookies are available and how they score. Circumstances change often in this game but if we are lucky Baker and/or Bolton will play well and hopefully earn themselves a spot in the Tiger's team. Could be wishful thinking though :think:

TedDougChris mentioned on the AF board the knock on Hayes is his DE%, and JS might not be there (compared with Stack atm).
DE doesn't matter in Dreamteam

I might pass on him in SC though based on that

Yeah his JS may be iffy but he knows how to find the footy, averaged 98 apparently in the VFL last year

Take him on his 3rd game, but I think you can pick him with confidence in AF considering they move in price straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back