Round 5 vs. Sydney - Official Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Good ins IMO, hopefully Prismall steps up because Gamble will probably push him out for the game against Freo, have a good one Pris!

Btw- it seems people have forgot about this game, some are saying the Brisb v Haw game is the match of the round, this one surely beats it, Geel 4-zip and Sydney smashing their last 3 opponents.

Good ins IMO, hopefully Prismall steps up because Gamble will probably push him out for the game against Freo, have a good one Pris!

Btw- it seems people have forgot about this game, some are saying the Brisb v Haw game is the match of the round, this one surely beats it, Geel 4-zip and Sydney smashing their last 3 opponents.

No we are trying to forget it because we know what sort of game it is going to be with Hall out for Sydney. :( Here comes the flood!!!

i'd think this has match of the round potential too, but really, match of the round is different depending on which outlet you listen to.

good luck prissa, bad luck harry. just think, any other team and both would probably play 22 h&a games this year if fit

Taylor is unlucky, but without Barry Hall Sydney's forward line is smaller and faster and we need to adjust for that. And at least Byrnes isn't in for Vegas. Go Prismall!

I don't like Taylor coming out. I thought he had done too good of a job to be dropped. I see Hunt coming out in time. Yeah Hunt plays a bit different to him and racks them up but Taylor is miles better defensively. We were playing Taylor on guys like Lloyd and Riewoldt.

I don't like Taylor coming out. I thought he had done too good of a job to be dropped. I see Hunt coming out in time. Yeah Hunt plays a bit different to him and racks them up but Taylor is miles better defensively. We were playing Taylor on guys like Lloyd and Riewoldt.

Harry has played too well to deserve being dropped, but Mackie is too firmly entrenched in the best 22 to not warrant automatic inclusion when fit (unfortunately at Harry's expense). I most certainly can't see Hunt being dropped for Taylor either. A backline with Taylor, Mackie, Scarlett, Harley and Milburn is just too tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My supercoach team is stuffed now Taylor is out. Damn you selection committee!

I had to shuffle my super coach team around a bit this week, and chucked in a couple of trades too. In: Franklin and Scarlett, Out: Wirrpanda and Andrejs Everitt. :D

Yes and even though he was only in the Reserves team 8 goals is still rather impressive.

Not that impressive, considering the quality of the competition your reserve side plays in. Would be like a Geelong player going back to the Falcons and kicking 8 goals in the TAC Cup competition. He'll be lucky to get a kick on the weekend.

Harry has played too well to deserve being dropped, but Mackie is too firmly entrenched in the best 22 to not warrant automatic inclusion when fit (unfortunately at Harry's expense). I most certainly can't see Hunt being dropped for Taylor either. A backline with Taylor, Mackie, Scarlett, Harley and Milburn is just too tall.

If Eagan was fit we would find a spot for him and not worry about it being 'too tall'. Our backline is made up of players comfortable playing on tall and short players.

Can Taylor launch 60m + pin-point passes from the back half, bypassing an entire defence and launching straight into a midfield attack?

Eight goals in the ACT league is equivalent to about 4 in the VFL. That might be generous.

In any case, he hasn't done much when playing against us lately. I think Harley has done the job recently.

Assessments like that are meaningless if you didn't watch the game and know nothing about it.

Swans had just 12 fit listed players, with the rest being local U18 players (and not even the cream, since most of them are now locked away under scholarships with other clubs). Some of those top-ups were a liability more than an asset. The delivery Davis had to contend with was mostly crap.

Around 5 of those goals were long kicks from 45-55m out and none of them looked in the least bit like missing. And on top of his goals, he also created 3 goals for others out of nothing.

Sure, the standard may not be as high as the VFL but it was a mighty impressive performance.

Assessments like that are meaningless if you didn't watch the game and know nothing about it.

Swans had just 12 fit listed players, with the rest being local U18 players (and not even the cream, since most of them are now locked away under scholarships with other clubs). Some of those top-ups were a liability more than an asset. The delivery Davis had to contend with was mostly crap.

Around 5 of those goals were long kicks from 45-55m out and none of them looked in the least bit like missing. And on top of his goals, he also created 3 goals for others out of nothing.

Sure, the standard may not be as high as the VFL but it was a mighty impressive performance.

Just providing some context to it mate. I didn't see this particular game but I've seen plenty of ACT league games before. The standard of that league would be closer to the Geelong Football League than the VFL.

We'll see this week how much relevance it has, won't we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 vs. Sydney - Official Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back