AFLW Round 6 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 1st - Sun 6th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rain is not what we wanted, bigger and some taller bodies of North can expose us (more than normal)

Two on the bench remaining in the second half is also rough.

Last edited:

I reckon the North Melbourne AFLW team could end world hunger, just arrange a game anywhere in the world where the rains are urgently needed, and it will follow the girls in Royal Blue and White.

I would love to see a North game in dry conditions, it feels like it has been a season since our last dry game.

Commentary during Rich-Coll first half: "We think the magic number is 6 wins to qualify for finals".

St Kilda won 6 last year, in a season with 1 less game, and didn't make finals. So that would indeed take a bit of magic to be enough this year.

Ella Roberts has started on fire, 10 possessions and 4 contested marks inside the first 15 minutes, she is a little taller and little more mobile than Jas Garner. She could be anything, an absolute star in the making.

Ella Roberts has started on fire, 10 possessions and 4 contested marks inside the first 15 minutes, she is a little taller and little more mobile than Jas Garner. She could be anything, an absolute star in the making.

Games like today make me think it’s inevitable that she’s the future face of AFLW. Unbelievable. Up to 6 contested marks, 11 disposals & a goal

Games like today make me think it’s inevitable that she’s the future face of AFLW. Unbelievable. Up to 6 contested marks, 11 disposals & a goal
Soon to be the best player in the league. Might be the best looking as well. Should be the face of the AFLW in future years - hopefully a Caitlin Clarke clone.

Surprised Collingwood aren't winning with Butler back.
Their only goalkicker today... Butler, that is. Not Barnett.

But hey, 1 game back after a year out: case closed, your honour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She'll definitely be face of the AFLW in the West, if she isn't already, not sure of the whole league, I'm sure the market gurus will find someone from a Melbourne team whether she more deserving or not.

It's a shame that West Coast won't play North because I'd love to see go up against Garner.

Their only goalkicker today... Butler, that is. Not Barnett.

But hey, 1 game back after a year out: case closed, your honour!
Yes. She stood in the goal square and someone accidently ran into her with the ball 50m away. But to be fair it was the best of her 3 possessions and I expect her to make a late charge for the leading goal kicker award.

Yes. She stood in the goal square and someone accidently ran into her with the ball 50m away. But to be fair it was the best of her 3 possessions and I expect her to make a late charge for the leading goal kicker award.
Who was that, Butler or Barnett?

West Coast do struggle when Roberts isn't on the ball, their other midfielders are very workman like, she is the class the elevates that midfield above the middle tier.

Special mention to the Eagles fullback, Wakfer, she looks like she is developing nicely, and has strong hands.

"Face of AFLW" isn't a real thing.
The "face of the AFLW" is nothing more than a term for players that are used to promote the game, the teams and their sponsors. For example, Chloe Molloy if the "Face of the AFLW" in NSW, she appears in all AFLW promotions as well as in QBE and other sponsors advertisements. She is photogenic, articulate and a talented footballer and appears to be in high demand, and I'm sure Roberts could be in a similar position in WA in the coming years, if it's not already starting to happen.

Last edited:
She'll definitely be face of the AFLW in the West, if she isn't already, not sure of the whole league, I'm sure the market gurus will find someone from a Melbourne team whether she more deserving or not.

It's a shame that West Coast won't play North because I'd love to see go up against Garner.
Would make a good combo with Harley Reid. WC potential to have the face of the AFL and AFLW.

She seemed rapt to win $250 or $500 with some sort of award after one of the games. Reckon she'll be earning big coin in a couple of years with endorsements and ads.

Does it matter?

Collingwood with their full squad today. Still hopeless. Guess they aren't making finals?
Still not even close to their "full squad".

You threw a tantrum because I said they would've beaten Sydney and West Coast with Davey available, and they might also beat Carlton pending injuries.

But now you are vindicated!!!! because they lost to Richmond.

Still not even close to their "full squad".

You threw a tantrum because I said they would've beaten Sydney and West Coast with Davey available, and they might also beat Carlton pending injuries.

But now you are vindicated!!!! because they lost to Richmond.
They have essentially their full squad available now of players that are going to play this year. Last year they had no forward line. This year their forward line is worse and non-existent. They were never making finals.

They only beat GC through luck and incompetence. Probably a 50:50 shot to beat Carlton who also don't have a forward line.

One player coming off ankle surgery or not, is not even close to making a 3 goal difference to score lines.

"Face of AFLW" isn't a real thing.
Nor will it be anyway for anyone at WCE whilst Daisy is coaching the club. She'll get all the media attention no matter what (not saying it's her fault, just way it is).

Roberts may be as talented and promising as Reid but has garnered barely a tenth of the local media.

West Coast do struggle when Roberts isn't on the ball, their other midfielders are very workman like, she is the class the elevates that midfield above the middle tier.

Special mention to the Eagles fullback, Wakfer, she looks like she is developing nicely, and has strong hands.
Zoey? Not bad for someone who was a draft night ring-in just as support for her sister.

Port could run away with this in the 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 6 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 1st - Sun 6th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back