AFLW Round 4 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 17th - Sun 22nd, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's more likely:

AFLW goal umpires have got every decision correct this season (except for that one time they stopped the game to check something, which they're not supposed to do)

OR

The micro-chip ball / whole review system doesn't work

?

I struggle the most with the AFLW players doing special comments. Very grating.
It's rough enough in the mens but we get a new one every week in the W.
Completely agree.

Especially the 2 today not only being current players but teammates. They’ve provided more inside jokes to one another than analysis.

Also I know it’s a league of imbalance but it’d be nice for the commentary to stop telling us how Gold Coast should be proud of never giving up. It’s the worst performance I’ve ever seen in aflw, it’s not like Geelong are a powerhouse

That could be the worst miss in aflw history.

20 out by yourself with a teammate on her own in the goalsquare.

Could’ve walked to the line herself or given it off

That could be the worst miss in aflw history.

20 out by yourself with a teammate on her own in the goalsquare.

Could’ve walked to the line herself or given it off
Yeah it's an absolute brain fade.

Strange game, Suns have been awful for the majority of the game only to finally turn up in the 4th.

Hopefully Saints vs Hawks will be a closer contest.

AFLW website sure has a way with timing these puff pieces.

Spoiler: they haven't recovered. Lost a bunch of players after last year, and I really don't know why anybody tipped them to make finals this year (feels like quite a few did). True enough I tipped them today, but I blame Geelong for that.

This was an awful lot like the match at the same ground early last season, except it was Gold Coast doing the thrashing, 99-26. In that instance, it was West Coast sealing the fate of their coach, and mildly jazzing up the putrid performance with some junktime goals.

Good first half in Moorabbin. Can definitely see these two teams meeting again in November. But unless the Saints find a non-Wardlaw avenue to goal in the 2nd half, I fancy that reconvenement will be an Elimination Final at Frankston.

Haven't seen enough of the game in Perth to make much comment, except to say Melbourne should be wearing red shorts if they aren't going to come up with a better clash jumper.

Isn't it interesting though:

AFLW players, earning $50k, fumble a waterlogged ball while getting their heads bashed in - "UNACCEPTABLE"

AFLW commentators, earning $200k, trip over every second word - "give them a break, their job is hard cos pronouns"
Where are players getting their heads "bashed in"?

Which AFLW commentators get 200k?

Viewer numbers and the support of AFLW will be impacted by teams continuously fumbling with a wet / dry ball. Viewer numbers won't be impacted by a commentor using an incorrect pronoun.

Carlton with NM and BL for 2 of their next 3. It's not unimaginable that they actually get to 7 wins, but I'll bet their percentage won't come close to cracking 100.

It's an 8-win season easy from here for the Tigers, pending injuries. But it'll mean nothing if they don't win at least one final, especially since you can't expect Brennan to come back next season better than (or even at the level) she's been this year.
Carlton 7 wins? Have they extended the season to 24 rounds like the men?

Where are players getting their heads "bashed in"?
On the football field.

Which AFLW commentators get 200k?
The one that most people are talking about when complaining about shit AFLW commentators.

Viewer numbers and the support of AFLW will be impacted by teams continuously fumbling with a wet / dry ball. Viewer numbers won't be impacted by a commentor using an incorrect pronoun.
I don't know if either of those statements are true, and I don't care.

But here's an established fact: There are Fox Sports executives who have spent years posting sexist, racist, homophobic (list goes on) comments on social media. Do any of them have BigFooty accounts? Not sure, but I know who I'd be placing my bets on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton 7 wins? Have they extended the season to 24 rounds like the men?
"Heheh, they're our rivals!"

Carlton are on 2 wins currently. And they have games vs PA, Frem, WB, Coll and Ess still to come.

On the football field.

The one that most people are talking about when complaining about shit AFLW commentators.

I don't know if either of those statements are true, and I don't care.

But here's an established fact: There are Fox Sports executives who have spent years posting sexist, racist, homophobic (list goes on) comments on social media. Do any of them have BigFooty accounts? Not sure, but I know who I'd be placing my bets on.
I'm not sure you completely making up things makes your points any better.

Which Fox executives have posted sexist, racist or homophobic comments? Which Bigfooty accounts? I thought you might be referring to me but then I was like lol.

"Heheh, they're our rivals!"

Carlton are on 2 wins currently. And they have games vs PA, Frem, WB, Coll and Ess still to come.
So a poor team playing 3 poor teams and 2 decent one's?

I suppose they could hope they play in teaming rain for the aforementioned games. But if they can win 7 games with absolutely no forward line then good luck to them.

So a poor team playing 3 poor teams and 2 decent one's?

I suppose they could hope they play in teaming rain for the aforementioned games. But if they can win 7 games with absolutely no forward line then good luck to them.
A merely decent AFLW team quickly becomes poor with the wrong player or two out with injury.

And the reverse is true, so if Collingwood have their top players back by R9 (without more getting struck down in the meantime), I wouldn't give Carlton much of a chance to win that.

A merely decent AFLW team quickly becomes poor with the wrong player or two out with injury.

And the reverse is true, so if Collingwood have their top players back by R9 (without more getting struck down in the meantime), I wouldn't give Carlton much of a chance to win that.
I'm not sure why you've overrated Coll so much either. Both teams have no forward line and the problems don't end there for both teams.

At full strength both teams are well below average.

Good heavens, Hayley Miller, just kick the baaaall. But all Freo sins are forgotten thanks to the nerves of steel from Aisling McCarthy. Too hard to single out the chokiest bit of play by Melbourne in the last 5-6 mins.

I'm not sure why you've overrated Coll so much either.
... I clearly just said my rating of Collingwood depends on which players are or aren't injured. Shouldn't be hard to understand.

... I clearly just said my rating of Collingwood depends on which players are or aren't injured. Shouldn't be hard to understand.
I'm struggling to understand which Coll players are the difference between finals or not. Bonnici and Davey out, but they have played this year. Is it the lack of Barnett's 6 disposals a game that's hurting them?

Melbourne's season could be over with their defeat by Fremantle, hard to see them winning another six games when they still have Adelaide and a much improved Hawthorn to play.

I was really impressed with the Hawks performance, their defense is well structured, and their attack has some similarities to North.

I'm struggling to understand which Coll players are the difference between finals or not. Bonnici and Davey out, but they have played this year. Is it the lack of Barnett's 6 disposals a game that's hurting them?
The world is a better place if you just ignore TW.

A bit surprised by Saints vs Hawks. Expected an even contest but thought St Kilda would narrowly pull ahead. I'm a little shocked that they lost so badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 4 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 17th - Sun 22nd, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back