Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how Rozee can be considered a gun, when he seems like a down hill skier - only prominent in big wins.
So often when the game is there to be won he goes missing.
It would be a concern for Hinkley.
He's a fantastic player. But not many skinny guys shine when the pressure gets ramped right up. Still young.

I mean, given we played as poorly as we've played all season, you can't really blame anyone

That was beyond deplorable in the first quarter

Particularly coming of a 2 week break when the excuse most of the season has been "short breaks"
I think it’s been clear that although the bye is good for injuries, teams can start sluggish. I think last season or last seasons most teams lost after the bye

Not sure how Rozee can be considered a gun, when he seems like a down hill skier - only prominent in big wins.

Completely dominated today was Rozee. So much so l think they moved him forward....

Could have, and should have, easily been a 70 point win like round 2 last year at the G.

great win.

Hyphen best game ever I reckon
Lipinski probably best game he’s played for us.

Bobby could easily have had a bag if he wasn’t so selfless. Wish he’d take a few more shots himself. He’s the best man for the job.

Gloved Mason Cox, that’s a keeper!

First quarter was the anomaly. Just classic post bye stuff. But once they blew out the cobwebs, we saw US. Manic fast footy.

Took a while to warm up to it after having had the bye week, but once they got into it - ooooooh boy, they were immense by and large. Bodes well for the remainder of the season if we can play like that more often than not.
Do you not go for Crows?

I was pondering during the week that we could do worse that use our 2018 forward line for inspiration.

That was obviously a special season with players putting up career best figures and others making an immediate impact

Still it wasn't reliant on a dominant tall forward or two and it's strength was in the diversity of forward targets and the unpredictability that it produced.

So fast forward to today and all of Mihocek, Cox and Hoskin-Elliott remain.

Elliott has replaced De Goey up forward.

Hill for Stephenson, McCreery for Varcoe, Schultz for Thomas with the likes of Lipinski and McInnes in support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was such a good win.

I've seen enough now to know that if we make the 8 we can win the flag, even from outside the top 4.

WHE quite literally the inspiration, Jordy's physical presence across all 4 qtrs was huge and Nick was an architect of Gaudi-eske proportions from halfway through the 2nd.

We were 4 or 5 goals down and Fly was standing beside the bench laughing with Bobby. This team could become even more special than it already is.

Is Bobby the best teammate OF ALL TIME?

I would have us in the top 4 seeds right now, as teams who can win the flag. At the "G" when we play like that, we're pretty much unstoppable. We have plenty of games at the G, of course.....🏆B2B🏆

Great by the boys today.
That type of footy will go a long way toward another flag.

Despite the idiotic early draw, playing the Hawks, our bogey side, and the dreaded bye the boys are glowing.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s a star. Don’t pretend he’s not after a bad game.
Don’t blame the player for the coach not utilising him properly.
I guess if we offered a Future 2nd, you’d think he wasn’t worth it?!?

Maybe blame the coach for playing players in positions they are not suited.

No need to make any comment beyond the first sentence.

People just want to snipe.
It's a bi-polar footy world at the moment. A bad game and a bloke is cooked or not up to it. A good game and they're an unstoppable star.

Same with a team. Pundits who said we were no chance this year two weeks ago will be back onboard.

I was pondering during the week that we could do worse that use our 2018 forward line for inspiration.

That was obviously a special season with players putting up career best figures and others making an immediate impact

Still it wasn't reliant on a dominant tall forward or two and it's strength was in the diversity of forward targets and the unpredictability that it produced.

So fast forward to today and all of Mihocek, Cox and Hoskin-Elliott remain.

Elliott has replaced De Goey up forward.

Hill for Stephenson, McCreery for Varcoe, Schultz for Thomas with the likes of Lipinski and McInnes in support.
It's amazing looking back at that team and wondering how on earth we nearly pinched a flag with it. Sad ending of course but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way these last 5 years (wow has it seriously been that long?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back