Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Now decided to go Goodes-> Scotland and Pittard-> Vlastuin.

However this means that I have Gibbs, Heppel and Fyfe all on the bench for this round. Makes me very nervous having about 3 premium players on the bench doing nothing:confused:

Now decided to go Goodes-> Scotland and Pittard-> Vlastuin.

However this means that I have Gibbs, Heppel and Fyfe all on the bench for this round. Makes me very nervous having about 3 premium players on the bench doing nothing:confused:
You are going to loose points... I have personally traded Gibbs, And will get him back at lowest price drop. Heppel should be back hopefully next week.

Alright, have decided upon these trades:

Goodes -> Birchall
Moloney -> Vlaustin

Next week will look at something along the lines of this:

Dwyer/Neade/Jones -> Lonergan/Kennedy
Wines -> Watson/Swallow

I need some advice

I have started off pretty well (499 overall) and don't know what to do with trades for this week. I have fyfe, goodes, pittard and gibbs. Earlier in the week i traded gibbs to scotland and fyfe to swallow. However, now with the omission of heppell i will have a zero in defence. Should I reverse the fyfe trade and stick him on the bench and play viney and downgrade pittard to vlastuin? or wear the zero knowing that the trades I have made should be upgrades in the long term?

my team as it stands

Heppell, Goddard, Hartlett, Stevenson, Terlich, Scotland (Goodes, Pittard)
Abblett, Pendles, Watson, Swallow, Murphy, Wines, O'Meara, Evans (Viney, Kommer)
Cox, Luenberger (Rowe, Blicavs)
Cloke, Kennedy, Franklin, Martin, SJ, Mayes (Dwyer, Neade)

I need some advice

I have started off pretty well (499 overall) and don't know what to do with trades for this week. I have fyfe, goodes, pittard and gibbs. Earlier in the week i traded gibbs to scotland and fyfe to swallow. However, now with the omission of heppell i will have a zero in defence. Should I reverse the fyfe trade and stick him on the bench and play viney and downgrade pittard to vlastuin? or wear the zero knowing that the trades I have made should be upgrades in the long term?

my team as it stands

Abblett, Pendles, Watson, Swallow, Murphy, Wines, O'Meara, Evans (Viney, Kommer)

Yes Reverse the trades and Avoid the Doughnut mate. Nice work with your rankings anyway. :thumbsu:

I need some advice

my team as it stands

Yeah I also think avoiding the zero would be better.

Would give thought to playing Kommer (against GWS) over Viney in that situation though.

Out of Scotland, Hibberd and Harlett, which two would you pick up?

Seriously I have reversed trades like 100 times and I still don't know who to pick, argghh why do all defenders decide that this is the week to get injured/rubbed out?? :confused:

Decided to just try some things now in hope of gaining ground in my league.

Hodge > Hibberd - Heppell to mid bench.
Gibbs > McKenzie. Was thinking Dixon but doubt he will score highly against Freo. GC then have Demons and Dogs. If it doesn't work I will trade McKenzie back to Gibbs after those games. If it does work out I want to hold him for GC's soft run of games during finals.

Seriously I have reversed trades like 100 times and I still don't know who to pick, argghh why do all defenders decide that this is the week to get injured/rubbed out?? :confused:
Scotland would be first picked for me.

Would find it tough to choose out of the other two. Hartlett was highly touted and has not let people down and Hibberd has been so solid and has not got the attention he deserves. Everyone trading in backs this week and Birchall and Scotland are hogging all the trades.

Decided to just try some things now in hope of gaining ground in my league.

Hodge > Hibberd - Heppell to mid bench.
Gibbs > McKenzie. Was thinking Dixon but doubt he will score highly against Freo. GC then have Demons and Dogs. If it doesn't work I will trade McKenzie back to Gibbs after those games. If it does work out I want to hold him for GC's soft run of games during finals.

Ha Ive had McKenzie in and out of my team all week too...thinking is same as urs in feeling that Dixon is unlikely to score well against Freo. And also I friggin love the Canon and reckon he has massive DT potential

Think ill end up waiting a wk now though and see how he looks this week. Hope he fires for u cos I wanna jump on next wk too

Anyone considering Pittard to Terlich to grab some more cash before getting in Vlastuin next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland would be first picked for me.

Would find it tough to choose out of the other two. Hartlett was highly touted and has not let people down and Hibberd has been so solid and has not got the attention he deserves. Everyone trading in backs this week and Birchall and Scotland are hogging all the trades.

good point. I already have Birchall, and at this stage I think it'd be Scotland + Hibberd (just because they are playing GWS this week). :rolleyes:

I've narrowed down my trades to two options. My focus is leagues not overall rankings

Option 1 = a donut

Gibbs --> Scotland
Currie --> Gawn

Option 2 = no donut
Monfries --> Scotland
Move Mayes to fwd line
Swap Scotland from mid to defence with Goodes to mid bench
Gibbs --> Hartlett

Option 2 results in a rookie ruck sitting on bench not making any cash for weeks due to lack of other rookie rucks coming up on the bubble.

Which is option is better?

Two options for me

Stevie J and Vlastuin on the field no emergency in defence with dwyer or komm as mod emerg

Or

Scotland and Dwyer/Kommer/Neade on the field and Vlastuin as def emergency

I would prefer stevie j over scotland but that would be running vlastuin stevenson and heath in defence with no emergency

From pure points perspective this week, Scotland is better (and prolly Kommer). But if you're like me, and forgoing points this week as long as you can win your league match, then you will be a jump ahead by getting Stevie J at his juicy price this week.

Vlastuin was playing alright last week til he got subbed- and likely only was subbed cos it was his first game. I'd "gamble" and go no def emergency, get Stevie J.

----

Got a huge dilemma- trade Westhoff or not.
Option 1
Westhoff > Hartlett
Gibbs > Scotland.
The catch is I have to start Viney in MF. This is a player that got 18 against GWS.

Option 2
Gibbs > Scotland
Pittard > Stevenson
Catch is- Westhoff's price drop. With a BE of nearly 150, if he tons it, he still loses around 25k right. But of course that's not so bad, the fear is that he dub spuds it. If he spuds a 70, then his 45k+ price drop effectively undoes all his good work. Also, seems like a waste to trade Pittard to Stevenson, it's purely to put a body on the park, and he's the highest scoring I can afford in this scenario.

I've narrowed down my trades to two options. My focus is leagues not overall rankings

Option 1 = a donut

Gibbs --> Scotland
Currie --> Gawn

Option 2 = no donut
Monfries --> Scotland
Move Mayes to fwd line
Swap Scotland from mid to defence with Goodes to mid bench
Gibbs --> Hartlett

Option 2 results in a rookie ruck sitting on bench not making any cash for weeks due to lack of other rookie rucks coming up on the bubble.

Which is option is better?

Bro Option 2 will put you in a much better position than option 1.

If you have a chance to avoid a 0, do it!

Catch is- Westhoff's price drop. With a BE of nearly 150, if he tons it, he still loses around 25k right. But of course that's not so bad, the fear is that he dub spuds it. If he spuds a 70, then his 45k+ price drop effectively undoes all his good work. Also, seems like a waste to trade Pittard to Stevenson, it's purely to put a body on the park, and he's the highest scoring I can afford in this scenario.

This really does worry me but in order to avoid a doughnut I have to make at least one change in my backs and mids. What is the chance of Evans getting a game this week? He is showing on the extended bench at the moment but if I thought he would play I would be very happy to turf Hoff for SJ.

Like any respectable coach I'm jammed with Heppell, Gibbs, Goodes and Pittard.

Whitfield>Burgoyne/Scotland/Waters (via Goodes DPP)
Gibbs> any of the 3 above or any other premo back.
Been trying to trade Grimes for 2 weeks now looks like he gets another run :confused:
Only issue to avoid a 0 in my backs is by starting Green Vest magnet Mitchell or Viney :(

Have you looked ahead to the byes? I had a list of players I wanted- when I looked at the byes and my current team, the list of viable upgrades was heavily reduced.

Scotland and Hibberd share a bye with Goddard, Gibbs and Heppell. I'd go for Hartlett in this case mate. Plus he's been scoring well enough to warrant selection irrespective of the byes.

I'm getting really good at reversing my trades...

Laird now out and Wright in. Still have two 0 in my backline and the lack of DPP defenders is a concern

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back