Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon I'll jump on waters.
1. He has dogs, brisbane, north, GWS, and richmond in his next 5.
2. He's unique
3. Always scores well at home plus his away games coming up are against lesser opponents.

B
Last minute decision.

This one is set.
Westhoff > Scotland. I really think Westhoff won't score well, cos he's been asked to spread himself really thin- go back and help def, then somehow still be a forward target across HF. Missing his inevitable price drop, because I have to cop a DEF KrispyKreme no matter what. The downside of this is I must play Viney, but with my donut I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my league game this week regardless of this (to my gf no less.. kill me :confused:o_O)

Need help with this one, please!
Gibbs > Hartlett, Malceski, Burgoyne? Can't afford Birchall. And already have Hepp/Goddard so don't want Hibberd. Malceski is a consideration against the Lions this week, where surely he'll be able to essentially be across the centre circle most of the game rebounding.

That bandaid on Heppell is a worry! But I can't find anywhere that says he actually has a groin injury.
burgoyne is not as injury prone as the other 2. Also check out dixon.

I reckon I'll jump on waters.
1. He has dogs, brisbane, north, GWS, and richmond in his next 5.
2. He's unique
3. Always scores well at home plus his away games coming up are against lesser opponents.

No doubt he'll be someone to look at in a week or two, but for now, Waters BE is 132 this weekend, and ~112 the week after (wiht a projected decrease of $40k). I'd wait at least a week (if not 2) before jumping on Waters. With 2 trades every week, you're probably better off going with someone else.

Had hoped to work some DPP magic and swap Blicavs to Vlastuin but you can only hit the substitute button on one player in the trade screen :(

So much for:
Blicavs out -> Rowe switched from fwd to ruc -> Dwyer switched from mid to fwd -> Goodes switched from def to mid -> Vlastuin in.

I'm thinking:

Westhoff -> SJ
Gibbs -> Hibberd

Rather than trading to Birchall (don't trust anyone else), Hibberd has b/e of 46 and I can just trade back in the next 1 or 2 weeks and have also made some cash. Pittard and Goodes still have a very low b/e. Don't trust Westhoff scoring decent might be wet conditions tomorrow and dono if I'll get another chance in my life to say I straight swapped Westhoff to SJ hehe.

I'll cop a 0 but I'll keep Pittard and Goodes for cash generation and make some quick money on Hibberd...hopefully...my main concern is that Palmer will forward tag Hibberd it might make me change last minute.

Any thoughts on this, what seems slightly unique trading option this round?

Gone Gibbs -> Waters and Pittard -> Vlastuin.

I trust Goodes to come back in and score well and he will be an easier upgrade to Gibbs once Bryce comes back in and drops a bit of cash and Goodes comes in and peaks a little bit more.

However I'm tempted to get Hartlett this week and then get Beau Waters next week for Stevenson, this is probably a "safer" option with the majority going Hartlett but for some reason I'm still not sold on him based on the teams he has scored well against, but then on the flipside he has also scored well against West Coast and Adelaide.

Port fans, is he susceptible to a tag and has he proved in the past that he can break one and continue to play well despite it? If so I may get him in this week and then get in Beau Waters next week perhaps, leaving Gibbs and Scotland as my final two backline upgrades with Heath hopefully coming in over the bye?

I
No doubt he'll be someone to look at in a week or two, but for now, Waters BE is 132 this weekend, and ~112 the week after (wiht a projected decrease of $40k). I'd wait at least a week (if not 2) before jumping on Waters. With 2 trades every week, you're probably better off going with someone else.

yeah fair enough I understand your point. However, price isn't really an issue for me as the 3 main options IMO are Scotland, Hartlett and Waters. They are all the same price pretty much, so you are basically choosing the one who you think will score the most points. I personally think Waters will score the most out of the 3 and hence why i am picking him, Regardless of what his price does. Players always go up and down, I can wait for hartlett/birchall to get a 60 score before picking them up too. Just dont think Waters has been given much love considering his run coming up and his role. Just my opinion though.

Pittard> Ellis
Goodes> waters

If ellis avoids the vest, he will ave around 80+ imo,
don't have birchall, but i'm not prepared to splash that kind of cash at him. I think in the next few rounds waters and birchall will ave the same

i will then have heppell and gibbs sitting on the pine :( and the hoff still in my team, was wanting to get SJ this week, but what can you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For everyone trading out Gibbs this week, what if he only misses 1 week with the 8 day break before St.Kilda?
His price is going to fall by at least $40K I would say, making him an easy upgrade target for one of our Port rookie backs. Also I highly doubt that you can have a 1 week hamstring injury

Pittard> Ellis
Goodes> waters

If ellis avoids the vest, he will ave around 80+ imo,
don't have birchall, but i'm not prepared to splash that kind of cash at him. I think in the next few rounds waters and birchall will ave the same

i will then have heppell and gibbs sitting on the pine :( and the hoff still in my team, was wanting to get SJ this week, but what can you do.
I'll be jumping on Ellis this week as well. Risky with his love for the vest but high reward

CARLTON ARE PLAYING MELBOURNE!

gibbs is fine. he will be back next week or the week after (as he may be rested against st kilda as well), there are much more pressing matters than trying to gain an extra 50K imo

CARLTON ARE PLAYING MELBOURNE!

gibbs is fine. he will be back next week or the week after (as he may be rested against st kilda as well), there are much more pressing matters than trying to gain an extra 50K imo
We know Heppell is being rested, but with Gibbs there is uncertainty, a la Pendles and Buddy last year, lets say he misses a couple, are you happy with all that cash sitting on the bench as well as the lost points? That's the way I am looking at it to be honest with you mate

We know Heppell is being rested, but with Gibbs there is uncertainty, a la Pendles and Buddy last year, lets say he misses a couple, are you happy with all that cash sitting on the bench as well as the lost points? That's the way I am looking at it to be honest with you mate

if he comes back next week, you will have wasted a trade, which you could have used to improve your team position, either downgrade a rookie or upgrade a rookie.
Like it or not you will be taking a risk trading him or keeping him. I'm just trying to look at logical reasons for my decisions, and a fixture of melbourne points towards a resting tbh.

Ellis

Round 2
qtr by qtr
round 3
qtr by qtr
0,0,0,12 (sub about 6 min into the 4th qtr)
round 4
0,0,15,21 (subbed in 3rd qtr 2)
round 5
23,20,20,23 (played whole game finally)

couldn't find first round performance

but do with that info what you will, but at $210,000, he may be my D6 for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back