Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, understood now. So it's Roughy and Parfitt you see as expendable for the upgrade. I guess with yourself being ranked 23rd you need to be aggressive to move up and challenge.

I guess with having Houston around, you can probably afford to offload Parfitt then as Houston becomes your prime cash cow now with say the Crow defenders. I don't have that luxury myself with Houston, so Sandi (via Nank DPP) probably becomes my get out of jail card in terms of making a massive upgrade if I'm short of dollars over the next few weeks for someone decent.

haha im 28th :), but yeh i know thats why im thinking this trade makes sense to me. I got Hampton/Otten mooing nicely, Parfitt almost maxed IMO so he my first one to go to generate me the cash for Franklin.

Issue is byes might be tricky but we have 5 more rounds so ill try influence my trades around coping with the byes soon. I am alright set but round 11 is looking abit of an issue especially with guys like Mountford, Eddy, Barret not playing along with Cameron.

Bench is certainly concerning, but I'm hopeful that some combination of Newman/Barrett/Preuss are back in this week. Stuck with Shaw, so probably not a heap to do down back. Ryder (hopefully) eventually becomes Grundy, but rucks are fine for the moment.

About time for Pickett to go, with Balic and Fisher the most likely targets depending on teams tonight.

WHE and Roughead will be gone in the next few weeks; WHE probably this week.

So, maybe Pickett -> Fisher and WHE -> someone under 498k. Seems a bit dumb for WHE to become a non-premo though, so maybe I'll have to downgrade one of my more expensive rookies.

Thoughts?

View attachment 363123
Anyone? :$

Yeah I dont think moving on Pickett achieves much and does not let you upgrade to a full premo. What about downgrading WHE and going Roughy to Dahl ?? Play a rookie in the forward line but get a full blown premo in good form in there as well ?? Your forward line would then be pretty damn strong, especially if Greene starts pumping out some scores.

Yeah I dont think moving on Pickett achieves much and does not let you upgrade to a full premo. What about downgrading WHE and going Roughy to Dahl ?? Play a rookie in the forward line but get a full blown premo in good form in there as well ?? Your forward line would then be pretty damn strong, especially if Greene starts pumping out some scores.
WHE and Roughead out for Balic leaves 691k for the other in. Almost considering bringing in a mid premo instead of a forward. Could reach anyone except Sloane and Rocky.

Whatever I end up doing will no doubt backfire, so it doesn't matter either way. :p

Decisions, decisions, decisions???
I have gone Swallow to Balic which leaves me $235900 in the bank.
I then have the options of:
1/ No more changes
2/ Trading out either Roughy (b/e of 88)/WHE (b/e 92) which would allow me to bring in any of Franklin, Cameron or Yeo. I'd be $12K short of NRoo but I would probably have enough to get him in two weeks after his value has dropped a bit. Alternatively using dpp I could bring in a mid however the best option there would be any of Shuey, Ebert, Duncan, Oliver or Martin, who are all scoring well atm but are not in the uber class of mids.
3/ Trade out Miller (b/e 134) which would then enable me to bring in any player I would like - Zerrett, Jelwood, Zorko or Danger.

Decisions, decisions, decisions???
I have gone Swallow to Balic which leaves me $235900 in the bank.
I then have the options of:
1/ No more changes
2/ Trading out either Roughy (b/e of 88)/WHE (b/e 92) which would allow me to bring in any of Franklin, Cameron or Yeo. I'd be $12K short of NRoo but I would probably have enough to get him in two weeks after his value has dropped a bit. Alternatively using dpp I could bring in a mid however the best option there would be any of Shuey, Ebert, Duncan, Oliver or Martin, who are all scoring well atm but are not in the uber class of mids.
3/ Trade out Miller (b/e 134) which would then enable me to bring in any player I would like - Zerrett, Jelwood, Zorko or Danger.

Option 2 for me.

Roughy just doesn't look like it this year. WHE should bounce back (as long as it's dry). Id go Franklin.

2017 - Round 6.jpg

I can do the following trades:
  • Picket > Balic, Roughy > Yeo
  • SPP > Balic, Roughy > Franklin
I'm leaning towards no trades this week. Dont think Yeo is a keeper and SPP has a bit more cash in him yet (cash league and not overall). And I dont want to trade out Swallow given i just traded him in for JOM (bad trade I know).

Keen to hear your thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 363409

I can do the following trades:
  • Picket > Balic, Roughy > Yeo
  • SPP > Balic, Roughy > Franklin
I'm leaning towards no trades this week. Dont think Yeo is a keeper and SPP has a bit more cash in him yet (cash league and not overall). And I dont want to trade out Swallow given i just traded him in for JOM (bad trade I know).

Keen to hear your thoughts.
If you are going to do anything, definitely option 2. You dont want that Yeo rollercoaster. Your bench looks awful this week. If it were me I would be booting Swallow. Write it off now as one huge disaster and move on.

Might double downgrade this week, lose WHE and Picket and bank the cash for upgrade to a Zerrett/Jelwood depending

anyone got a good forward rook option other than Balic?

Last edited:
I'm thinking double downgrade this week with Pickett>Balic and Swallow>Fisher.

That leaves me $344k to downgrade Roughy to a bubble rook and any dead wood to basically any uber I want. Short term pain for long term gain.

I just can't see any upgrades possible this week that are keepers?

Didn't help that I lost the rookie lottery this year. :mad:

If you are going to do anything, definitely option 2. You dont want that Yeo rollercoaster. Your bench looks awful this week. If it were me I would be booting Swallow. Write it off now as one huge disaster and move on.

My bench looks like that too... :(

If I do that I can get an uber prem mid (Rocky, Merret, Treloar or Sloane)! I could also Get a prem Fwd (Franklin, Macrae).

Throwing out WHE and SPP and deciding whether to:
A. bring in Franklin this week or Shuey/Bont in mid... or
B. do a double downgrade this week and upgrade to an uber premium mid next week.

Really ur gonna pick someone that hasnt score over 90 in 3 weeks ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has played

Port 100
Dogs 100
Coll 80
WCE 80 (a place he historically struggles at)
GWS 80

Sure no big scores the last 3 weeks, but he hasn't been shit either, 4 of those 5 teams he's played are sitting in the 8 also.

80 is my minimum par score for a premo, he's hitting that every week and he's almost bottomed out in price, but historically Carlton are one of his favourite teams so there's every chance he hits or goes close to his breakeven of 123. He can feast on Carlton, Brisbane, North and St Kilda the next 4 weeks. He won't be my top forward anyway, he'll be like F4-5 I'd expect, but nevertheless, a position I no longer need to worry about.

CrozaN and toxic are bringing him in also this week.

My only other options to bring in this week were Yeo or Lynch as I only had something like 552k to play with, so I think Buddy may have them covered in the long run. NRoo is too expensive and will bottom out in 2-3 weeks with a breakeven of 158 made from his 70 on the weekend, but bringing in a Grundy/Adams/Joey/Dusty may be on the cards by then anyway imo and I'll look at NRoo maybe around the byes.

Jelwood was my number 1 target this week, but it worked out to be he was about 25k too much if I turfed SPP instead of Pickett. SPP has 1 more week to prove he can score then he'll have a lower breakeven next week. Shuey and Dusty were the best midfield options available in budget, but I don't think Shuey will keep it up, while Dusty will bottom out this week or next and be ripe for the picking (157 BE), he has a great bye round too.

With my current team set up, I realistically could only have brought in a forward or a midfielder this week. Down back, my 5 defensive rookies in Hampton, Otten, Newman, Williamson and Stewart have heaps of money to make still so I have to field Lloyd in the mids for room until one of those rookies are ready to be traded out, but I don't mind doing that as all the rookies are down back or up forward.

So anyways, if I were to go all out and bring in a Zerrett/Rocky/Jelwood this week, then WHE plus a Hampton or Sandi would have to be culled and imo Hampton and Sandi are 1-3 weeks away still, I'm not ready to pay such a price. I play moneyball, I don't have a Houston or Preuss on top of my current rookies which sucks as it'd make upgrading so much easier say if them two were in Hannans' and Cameron's spots, so I have to be smart with who I bring in and strike at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back