Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I had that luxury.
Not sure whether to get rid of Miller or WHE.
I made the cash from turfing JOM and Roughy, then brought in Hodge and Williamson with it. Tried to salvage something from a frustrating situation. Hodge is a POD, so hopefully I can get one up on a few.

I reckon on Miller, you should probably slug it out with him. You brought him in for Greene yeah? At least he has DPP.

He then becomes your F7/M9 and he may provide value across the byes for you.

Gaff has scored below average the last few weeks, i'll be potentially looking at moving him and WHE on for a premo in either Zerret/Jelwood and Balic, and bank the rest of the cash. Not sure if that's a bit too sideways or i'm going too early but i'll sleep on it. Ideally i'd like to get rid of SPP and finally have my midfield properly stacked, but alas I'm not there yet....

Say what now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a horrible week this round dropped 68 spots to 70 ;( probably not a popular trade (which I understand) but had to go operation "get a permanent captain in!!" Gaff,Fyfe,Heppell & with the injury concerns for Murphy my midfield has gone down hill FAST! Have little confidence any of the above mentioned will hit 100 regurly now except maybe Gaff (I still hold a little bit of hope) but i can't see any other way to fix it atm except two mid pricers out..really not sure I can go into another week without Zerrett or Rocky :/

C.Cameron + WHE to Zerrett + Balic (if named) Wish I could afford Roughy instead of Charlie but I'm about 7k short...

Adams,Laird,Lloyd,Johannisen,McGrath,Otten (Newman,Stewart)
Merrett,Danger,Tmitch,Murphy,Gaff,Beams,Heppell,Fyfe (SPP,Barrett,Fisher)
Martin,Sandilands (Pruess)
Macrea,Dahlhaus,Houston,Roughy,Butler,Balic (Pickett,Eddy)

Is what I will potentially be left to run with this week, my fwd line is now a worry :/ I'm in big trouble this yr, won't be messing around with "cheaper possible" keeper mids again!! Wish I'd listen to a few of you guys last week :(

Will upgrade Butler next week to Buddy when he's dropped a lil more

Honest question, how does everyone plan on getting Zerrett? The way he plays I honest can't see him scoring low enough to drop his price enough..

ATM he is 2 good rookie downgrades with a good rookie upgrade. That's a lot of cash flow in a year that cash generation is tough..

I'm starting to consider doing an average rookie downgrade and then bringing him in for Heppell or Gaff. Not that they have been bad but they could very well average 20 points less than Merrett.

Honest question, how does everyone plan on getting Zerrett? The way he plays I honest can't see him scoring low enough to drop his price enough..

ATM he is 2 good rookie downgrades with a good rookie upgrade. That's a lot of cash flow in a year that cash generation is tough..

I'm starting to consider doing an average rookie downgrade and then bringing him in for Heppell or Gaff. Not that they have been bad but they could very well average 20 points less than Merrett.

You start with him ;)

Byes probably, round 11 using 3, maybe round 12 even.

Same goes with Rocky, Jelwood, Sloane and Zorko really.

I have Titchell, Murphy, Danger, Treloar so they are up there at least, then Beams and Crouch rounds it out.

Murphy, Beams and Crouch would be M7-9 types. So I'll need 3 more midfield guns to be brought in, I reckon Dusty could be good enough as he has the ceiling, but will wait a week or two on him to bottom out and look to bring him in at 590-610k in round 7-8 if he's good enough.

I'd prefer to complete my side before luxury upgrades of say Crouch/Beams to Zorko/Sloane for example if they're averaging enough to warrant an upgrade.

Gaff hasn't really tackled or marked the footy in the last couple of weeks. It seems this year you want the guys setting the big tackling numbers, which is why I'm attracted to Selwood at the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gaff never tackles, he is as outside as they come. It is gonna make the last half of the year very interesting/frustrating if you are making these types of trades now. If you picked Gaff in your original line up, ride it out. Surely there are better moves for you to be making ?? If the Eagles can turn their form around, Gaff will pump out some very good scores, especially at home.

Gaff never tackles, he is as outside as they come. It is gonna make the last half of the year very interesting/frustrating if you are making these types of trades now. If you picked Gaff in your original line up, ride it out. Surely there are better moves for you to be making ?? If the Eagles can turn their form around, Gaff will pump out some very good scores, especially at home.

I think you kind of missed my point. It's not about getting rid of a Gaff or a Heppell because of their performances... It's about Zerrett and how everyone plans on getting someone who is probably going to be the number one fantasy player in the league this year.

I'm still ok with my Gaff selection. I think he will benefit from Mitchell in the team, he gets a lot of the ball and the marks will come back. The tackles is something that won't but I knew that when I selected him.

I also think Heppell will do well I just worry about him coming back from a year off.

The mistake was not starting with Merrett and the problem for everyone is getting him in. Almost every premium mid will produce a couple of shockers to make them easier to bring in, I can't see that with Merrett barring injury.

This isn't a normal year with DT. Different strategies have to be looked at it imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you kind of missed my point. It's not about getting rid of a Gaff or a Heppell because of their performances... It's about Zerrett and how everyone plans on getting someone who is probably going to be the number one fantasy player in the league this year.

I'm still ok with my Gaff selection. I think he will benefit from Mitchell in the team, he gets a lot of the ball and the marks will come back. The tackles is something that won't but I knew that when I selected him.

I also think Heppell will do well I just worry about him coming back from a year off.

The mistake was not starting with Merrett and the problem for everyone is getting him in. Almost every premium mid will produce a couple of shockers to make them easier to bring in, I can't see that with Merrett barring injury.

This isn't a normal year with DT. Different strategies have to be looked at it imo.
No I understand where you are coming from, but I still think it is a bad idea. It depends a lot on the rest of your team. If you went a full guns and rookies approach at the start of the year, then yeah it probably could be a good move to make. If you have any mid pricers that aren't firing, then they are probably better candidates to be sacrificed.

Spot on. Will be your best choice of the year. The question mark over returning players and how it will affect him has worked well in your favour.
Imo it was seeing more so what his role would be and if the returning players would take points away from him.

I always had him earmarked as an upgrade target and thought he'd average around 110, but I thought Treloar and Titchell were better value so started with them. Seems he's just gotten better and was a ballsy move from whoever started with him, but it is paying dividends.

But yeah, imo we'll need 3 trades on him unless he has a couple of 80s-90s in a row and bottoms out at low 600s, but with his ceiling he may only drop down to 650-660k from an average type of game and shoot back up on the back of successive 130s-140s.

I'll be looking to get him in 1 of the two weeks before his bye, imo we need to complete other lines with more affordable, bottomed out players first and hope we can store profits away from these types of moves before targeting a Zerrett.

Or if you're a lucky owner of a Dan Houston type of rookie, perhaps ride him out until he peaks around 400k along with Curtly Hampton, perhaps you could get him in from a downgrade/upgrade scenario there if you have the spare 50k or so to make up the difference (680-700k on Zerrett, 125-132k on a rookie)

Sorry, Butler, I went on a bit of a tangent about Gaff!

Your point is crystal clear. He's really tough to bring in, but like you said he's pulling and will most likely keep pulling ridiculous numbers. I think it may be worth brining in Zerrett and finishing the midfield this week or next week purely from a points perspective. All the points are in the midfield this year, forwards and backs have been average. Getting SPP up to Merrett based on average is bringing in an extra 70 points a week. I don't think anyone will gain anywhere near that in the backs or forwards apart from NRoo who now we can wait to bring in.

In answer to you question a double downgrade this week and an upgrade from SPP/Swallow/WHE to Zerrett next week will be the answer for most people.

In my position, I have 173k in the kitty and I am most likely going to pull

WHE > Balic
SPP > Merret

It gives me a midfield of Rockliff, Zerrett, Treloar, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Gaff, Fyfe and Oliver

Is this a no brainer? It kind of makes sense to do this.

Sorry, Butler, I went on a bit of a tangent about Gaff!

Your point is crystal clear. He's really tough to bring in, but like you said he's pulling and will most likely keep pulling ridiculous numbers. I think it may be worth brining in Zerrett and finishing the midfield this week or next week purely from a points perspective. All the points are in the midfield this year, forwards and backs have been average. Getting SPP up to Merrett based on average is bringing in an extra 70 points a week. I don't think anyone will gain anywhere near that in the backs or forwards apart from NRoo who now we can wait to bring in.

In answer to you question a double downgrade this week and an upgrade from SPP/Swallow/WHE to Zerrett next week will be the answer for most people.

In my position, I have 173k in the kitty and I am most likely going to pull

WHE > Balic
SPP > Merret

It gives me a midfield of Rockliff, Zerrett, Treloar, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Gaff, Fyfe and Oliver

Is this a no brainer? It kind of makes sense to do this.
Yep just do it, you've got the cash for it

I reckon there are significant 40-50 ppg improvements on other lines though

Say you're fielding a Williamson/Butler/Parfitt type down back or up forward and bring in a NRoo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Lloyd, Adams, Laird, Joey etc, they're all vast improvements on output. Any forward, ruck or defender averaging over 100 is worth their weight in gold.

Obviously SPP up to Zerrett/Rocky will gain you the biggest advantage in terms of PPG onfield though as SPP is only averaging half of them guys, but I reckon if you're smart about your money/breakevens then you can strike at the right time with certain players.

Early on Parfitt, his BE is only 22

Yep, I'm all for dumping WHE though, BE of 92 for him

Is WHE really 92? His BE on SC is 69 and footywire has the same for Fantasy ... seems RDT is being a bit of a prick to him if they've got him at 92.

Is WHE really 92? His BE on SC is 69 and footywire has the same for Fantasy ... seems RDT is being a bit of a prick to him if they've got him at 92.
He wasn't scoring as well in Supercoach and he was cheaper in that game also, so he's at an awkward price were you can probably hold him and hope he makes a few more dollars over there.

Not so much in RDT, he flew out of the blocks, but with 72 and 52 at an avg of 62 in the last 2 weeks and priced at 394k (in season average price of about 70-75), he'll have to score very well the next two weeks to make money in that time and I reckon he's done his job anyway.

I'm not a fan of his playing style either, very outside and hates body contact. The only thing he does to try and win his own ball is fly for marks.

Yes it's really 92. SC scores completely differently and fantasy prices adjust from week 1, hence the different BE's in those games. For what it's worth, I am holding him this week.

Not thinking this week but whats people's thoughts on SPP for the future?? A BE of 46 ain't great, but he drops the rolling 39 next week & is very very handy for byes. You would think after his rest in RD9 Port will continue to play him RD's 11,12,13 so does he stay for just that reason?? Or just another rookie & your only look at him for cash.

Bit unsure on where he sits atm

Two trade options

Option 1: Traditional Downgrade/Upgrade
Pickett --> Balic (Swallow stays M6)
Roughead --> Franklin/Yeo/Lynch (WHE becomes F6)

Option 2: Slightly sideways (no net upgrade gain)
Roughead --> Balic/Black (Butler becomes F6)
Swallow --> Merrett (Gaff becomes M6)

Comes down to if you want Franklin & Swallow on field OR ride out Pickett on bench & use Balic/Black + Merritt. Option 2 - not great for us guys using two mid pricers to get Zerrett in, but has to be done. Enjoy Merrett as C & wait to see who drops the most next week out of the solid FWD options you mentioned, although not having Buddy against Carlton is worrying me.. Lynch/Buddy next week

Dylan Roberton a legitimate option in defence? Can he average 95+ or will he return back to the 70's and 80's he's gotten over the last couple of years? I would love to get him but he definitely has that burn factor and that risk about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back