Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm seriously thinking of going Ablett > Chappy, move fwd then D Smith > Sidebum....

Would leave me set with 6 gun FWDs but only Swan, Boyd and Stants in the middle.

Too drastic?

Have gone

Ablett to Swan

My dilemna is the next trade! I am one short in the forward line......

Move Smith into the Forwards and go

Smith > Adams

or

Keep Smith in the Mids

Smith > Horsley

But that way I have to play Hampton..............

OR..........

Don't trade Ablett and keep him on the bench and play Shiel which means I wil lhave a 4/2 on the field setup although the way Redden is playing it's more like 3/3 this way I can:

Smith > Adams

Porps > Chapman/ROK...........

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Ablett to Barlow, and plonking the C on Micky B as well...

Then Fyfe to Chapman.

Trading out 2 premiums hurt, but now have 440k in the bank, so next two trades can be upgrades and Ablett/Swan are within reach.

Ablett --> JP Kennedy

Fyfe --> Dangerfield

Gives me about $150,000

I can't keep Ablett due to the uncertainty and only having 2 other premo mids.

I am not too worried about the Kennedy pick, I think he will be a top10 mid. Danger is a bit of a concern but seeing that he is averaging almost 10 more possies per game this season over last season, I think he should be worthy of an end of season F6. I can worry about the elite fwds like Beams, Robinson later on.

If anyone thinks I am speaking crazy talk plz let me know :)

League focused btw.

Masten > Fantasy Pig
D.Smith > Horsley

Would have got Murphy but getting Horsley would result in R13 midfield donut.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Malceski, Drummond (Ellis), K.Hunt
C: Swan, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Gibbs, Magner, McDonald
R: McIntosh, Giles
F: Franklin, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, N.Riewoldt, D.Martin, Christensen, Dahlhaus

18 trades left, hopefully will begin to move through the rankings with maybe 4-6 upgrades required only.

Chances of Devon Smith getting green vest this week.

I think Smith will get his BE if he doesn't get vested but considering the move to Chappy. Chappy BE about 90 so he shouldn't go up heaps this week anyway.

This would leave me almost no cash

BE of 55. His Moo'ing has ceased. I will look to trade him next week to Adams most likely.
His mooing definiately has not ceased. It has just slowed.

Not a must trade this week Red one - especially with no clear FWD rookies on the bubble. Could easily match his BE if he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth keeping Hurn or should I cut him loose before his big B/E this week?
I would drop him if I were you and cut your losses. Seems to lose all scoring potential as soon as he gets that forward tag - he is not too dissimilar with Heath Shaw in this manner. I think any team serious in beating West Coast will tag the bloke as well, he is far too good a player by foot to let loose.

Went Ablett > Boyd. Too much uncertainty to hold on to someone worth that much. I'd rather a consistent 110+ from Boyd than a rookie who could put up 110 or 50.

Boyd fits in well with my other mids in the bye rounds too, plus it frees up a bit of cash for hopefully some proper upgrade/downgrade trading next week!

Ablett to Murphy or the Rock, undecided over which one

Have Boyd in Rocks bye and Mitchell in Muprhys bye (Barlow and Pendles other two mids currently)

Murphy is more consistent, Rock has the potential for greater scores (it would seem)

Thoughts?

Edit or I can hold, have Shiel, Greene and Magner to cover two spots

Traded Ablett to Barlow
And Fyfe to Robinson.

Kicking myself I didn't do the Fyfe to Robbo trade earlier. Cost me 100k. Not going to risk it again. If it was just a hard knock he would be back after 2 weeks. Gotta be more to it than Ablett and Mckenna are letting on.

I was going to traqde Ablett to Stanton last week but held off. Shiel scored 81 instead (greater than Stants 77).

I will continue to back my rookies to hold steady while Gary sits on the bench.

D. Smith -> Horsley
Couch -> Beams

Still pondering

A) No trades, Keep Ablett and Devon Smith

B) Ablett > Thompson, Devon Smith > Chappy Both players I am bringing in are prob at lowest price but wary that trading Ablett back in will be tough with his price (also don't have Swan and he would be my ideal final mid)

C) Ablett > Mitch Robinson, Devon Smith > Chappy. Allows DPP until I move Chappy into forwards (finishing them) next week and downgrade forward rookies to the more tempting mid rookies. (same problem as B getting Ablett back)

Wish some definite information would be released regarding Ablett. Thinking at this stage most likely scenario is 2 more missed matches from Ablett.

Most likely I will procrastinate until lockout and get choice A by default

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back