Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

D.Smith -> Chappy. Price too low to ignore, should slaughter Dees.

Ablett to mock me all weekend on the bench. Gotta remember how precious trades are and already dropped to 5k in rankings, wont win the car, league premiership has always been my goal from the start.

Thinking Fyfe > Goodes

Thought about Chappy or Beames but I have already been smashed with injuries and Goodes is pretty durable compared to most of the forward premiums, plus Chappy is always a chance to get rested in DT finals

Thinking Fyfe > Goodes

Thought about Chappy or Beames but I have already been smashed with injuries and Goodes is pretty durable compared to most of the forward premiums, plus Chappy is always a chance to get rested in DT finals

Sydney have never been in position to rest Goodes but this season, Undefeated and travelling better than Geelong.

You think if they have wrapped up top 4 they won't rest one of the oldest guys in the comp no matter how durable.

Sydney have never been in position to rest Goodes but this season, Undefeated and travelling better than Geelong.

You think if they have wrapped up top 4 they won't rest one of the oldest guys in the comp no matter how durable.

Yeah that's a good point, there are risks with either of them i guess. Now I'm undecided again.:confused:

Over it, Keeping Ablett for better or worse. League is focus anyway.

There will be other fallen guns other than Thompson and Chappy for me to get :)

Good luck to everyone's trades this week, Hope some of you lost less sleep than I did

This week I went with:

Fyfe (sub into MID) -> Kade Simpson
D.Smith -> Pffiefer

I really like the look of Simpson at the moment as Carlton are playing very DT friendly. The guy will play his 150th consecutive game this week so injuries aren't a concern with him either.

Pffiefer I'm a bit iffy on as I don't think he played particularly in the Showdown last week. I really needed the cash boost this week to get an upgrade next week though. I'm hoping he can string 3-4 games in a row to earn enough cash.

Next week I plan on downgrading someone to bring in Beams/Robinson/Sidebottom (all about the same price) into my mids to re-establish the CTR/FWD link.

Just went the one trade. Settled on it early and didn't change my mind a million times before lockout, unlike previous weeks.

Ablett - Sidebottom

Moved Sidey to the forwards (Treloar to mids), Shiel on the field for a few weeks in Ablett's place in the middle.

I've now got 371k spare, with a likely 2 downgrades to come next week (Horsley and Adams) so will have plenty of cash to do upgrades over the coming weeks - including getting GAJ back when he returns.

Went Shiel > Thompson and Hurn > Adcock

Thompson was pretty good value at his price so I pounced and I had to get rid of that donkey Hurn after two shockers. Adcock was the best option with the money I had left although he can be inconsistent as well.

You want to trade in someone who is injured? Slap yourself and walk away from the computer. If you make this trade, it'll be the worse thought out trade that I've seen this year on bf.

So, since I was always going to make the trade when Sandi came back and he's been named for this week, here's a summary of the effects of the 'worst thought out trade you've seen this year'.

Positives:
I was able to downgrade to Horsley which gave me the cash to upgrade Adam Kennedy to Dayne Beams with a BE of 61 this round, as well as having Sandilands in my team with a fairly low BE against the worst ruck division in the comp.
I'll also be able to make two trades next week.

Negatives:
None.

So, since I was always going to make the trade when Sandi came back and he's been named for this week, here's a summary of the effects of the 'worst thought out trade you've seen this year'.

Positives:
I was able to downgrade to Horsley which gave me the cash to upgrade Adam Kennedy to Dayne Beams with a BE of 61 this round, as well as having Sandilands in my team with a fairly low BE against the worst ruck division in the comp.
I'll also be able to make two trades next week.

Negatives:
None.

BRILLIANT forward thinking gp! Well played, indeed. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back