Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

they don't need to be with the dpp rule change this year

Unless you trade Morris or Ellis for a dpp then yes you do!
Who is going to take Scotlands place in the midfield?
Example; I hit the trade button on Shiel and because I have Smith in my fwd line DT gives the option of bringing in a fwd and moving Smith to the mids but, I have no dpp to the backs so I cannot trade Shiel for let's say Duffield.

Unless you trade Morris or Ellis for a dpp then yes you do!
Who is going to take Scotlands place in the midfield?

The new player he's bringing in is. No need for that player to be DPP.

One trade for me this wek: Fyfe > Robinson
Now just need to remember to get rid of Milera before the round 13 bye...

I had the same thought. I didn't like his response at all.

At the moment, I'm thinking either
Ablett > Rocky
Devon > Chapman

or

Ablett > Rocky
Ellis > Broughton/Heppell.

I'm sure we'll see a report from his running session tomorrow, so my trading plans will either be confirmed or rejected by that report.
Hm. It all depends on the difference in scoring between Smith and Chappy and Ellis and Broughton/Heppell.

I would guess Chapman will average 100 the next few weeks compared to Smith with 60. That's 40ppg your team is better off. Ellis should average 65 (provided not red/green vested) compared to Broughton with 85 and Heppell about the same. That's only 20 ppg better so I would go Smith -> Chapman.

Want to go Ablett to Boyd but really should wait a week on that as Boyd is likely to drop more.

Ablett > Horsley.
D Smith > Robinson.
Leaving heaps of cash for rookie > Boyd in the mids next week.

or

Ablett > Murphy

But that leaves me hanging on D Smith in the forwards (Treloar and Hall already out).

Really not sure. Want to keep Ablett but if he pulls up sore from running today then he has to go.

Who should i trade Sandiland for? Im only aiming to win my league and im against the bottom team this week. He has a 1600 average and i dont know if i should risk a 0 in my ruck and save a trade. I have Giles, Redden and Orren as my 3 other ruckmen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made a bit of a high risk / high reward trade.

Went Ablett --> Barlow (bargain at 425K, will be pumping out 100's) Trade saved me nearly 170K

Then went D Smith --> ROK who looks to be hitting some good form / fitness in a weak FWD class this year at 375K is another bargain for a proven DTer.

Still have a lot of $ left over an both players should rise a fair bit in $ if i'm right, and I can always bring Ablett back in once he is healthy.

Considering rage quitting DT until Ablett is fit cos my team structure is in shambles when he is not there.

Am 3-0 in my league (thanks to terrible opponent last week) and overall has gone pear shaped with late withdrawals last week so holding Ablett and hoping for no late withdrawals and I can at least field a full team providing Devon Smith is named.

Otherwise considering Smith to Chappy.

I wouldn't touch ROK. One game of 90+ isn't "hitting form". I think he could still drop further in value. Too inconsistent for mine, and he sucks people in ala Sylvia

I wouldn't touch ROK. One game of 90+ isn't "hitting form". I think he could still drop further in value. Too inconsistent for mine, and he sucks people in ala Sylvia

He's a reliable 90 average player when fit without too much volatile scoring variation (for a fwd). Comparing him to Sylvia is a bit unfair who is much more up and down. ROK doesn't score big 100's but will give you more consistent scores. I had him last year and the year before and he did the job most weeks. If his price drops below 350k I will be bringing him in as an M7/F8 DP insurance policy in the next few weeks.

Fair enough but after watching the game myself and from what the Swans fans are saying, his first half was great, think he had 60 odd with ease and looked back to his best. 2nd half he played a shut down role on Hodge so his scoring suffered a little but he wont be doing that most weeks.

With a BE of 89 i think this will be about the lowest he gets and a decent time to get on.

He's a reliable 90 average player when fit without too much volatile scoring variation (for a fwd). Comparing him to Sylvia is a bit unfair who is much more up and down. ROK doesn't score big 100's but will give you more consistent scores. I had him last year and the year before and he did the job most weeks. If his price drops below 350k I will be bringing him in as an M7/F8 DP insurance policy in the next few weeks.

how many trades do you have left?

Fair enough but after watching the game myself and from what the Swans fans are saying, his first half was great, think he had 60 odd with ease and looked back to his best. 2nd half he played a shut down role on Hodge so his scoring suffered a little but he wont be doing that most weeks.

With a BE of 89 i think this will be about the lowest he gets and a decent time to get on.

BE of 89 is pretty safe to wait a week on. Fair points you raise tho, haven't watched any Sydney this year. Just going on my past experience with ROK.

Need some help, I have $143k in the bank, need to trade Ablett and want to upgrade Robert Murphy

So was thinking Ablett & r murphy for Swan and suckling or M Murphy & Scotland. Am $6k short of being able to get swan and Scotland. Which is the best option?

Am thinking Kruezer to Ryder and Smith to Franklin

still not sure can trade them to anyone really....

Need some help, I have $143k in the bank, need to trade Ablett and want to upgrade Robert Murphy

So was thinking Ablett & r murphy for Swan and suckling or M Murphy & Scotland. Am $6k short of being able to get swan and Scotland. Which is the best option?

I would go for Murphy & Scotland personally.

Still agonising over Ablett, when are the results of the running test coming out!?

I'm also debating whether I should cut my losses and get rid of Hurn. Took a gamble and it failed. He has a big B/E this week so I think this week would be the week to chop him, otherwise he'll lose too much value.

Seems opposition teams have cottoned on to tagging him and he hasn't scored well under a tag. I'm already down to 18 trades so I can't decide whether to stick it out or not...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back