Game Day Round 7, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will the Marty Eagles journey (I hate that word but he used it) hit a high point today with an inaugural win and allow all of us who didn't shine at 17 to keep our dreams of mature age stardom alive??? Can I still make it in my 50s???

I live in hope - lions by 19.

We haven't been as terrible as the win loss record shows. If we can keep up our contested ball winning I expect the pies to tire early in the third. Our 4th qtrs (without any stats) feel like they are one of our better ones.

It's the unofficial two year anniversary of my first date with my current girlfriend. Let's hope that both the game and the date go well today instead of just one... But if I had to choose one the game is more important... she's basically stuck with me now.

Just got a feeling about this game ! We a due and they don't travel and are not at full strength. We just have to convert , less that 10 goals won't win this game.

Zorko to get off the chain ! Lions by 15

3KZ is Football’s Official Best Three Wins Against Collingwood

Gold Medal Victory

My brain exploded when Akermanis kicked the sealer. This was one of the most desperate and heroic efforts from the Greatest Team I have ever seen.

Silver Medal Victory

Paul Roos ... what more can you say!

Bronze Medal Victory

Another Premiership. Enjoyed this one because we came in as underdogs and stamped our authority all over Collingwood. Great to see the boys stick it up Eddie and his Victorian Media Darlings. Robert Walls must have backed Collingwood, because he was bleeding in the box.

Honourable Mentions
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1979/040619790407.html
At this one. A nasty game of football. Gary Wilson was knocked out in the opening minutes of the first quarter by Ron Wearmouth, if my memory serves me correctly. A violent brawl ensued and the Umpires lost control of the game. The score in the first quarter was so low because nobody wanted to go near the ball. Every possession was a potential king hit for the ball carrier. At quarter time they brought Wilson out on a stretcher and the Fitzroy boys IGNITED! I have never seen a team play so angry and with such resolve. Collingwood were humbled on their home ground in front of their supporters in the opening round of the season. I will never forget the animosity on the ground and in the stands. This sort of game could never happen again.

At this one too. Bernie Quinlan made history at the Junction Oval.

There’s nothing like beating Collingwood. Let’s hope we can do it today.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3KZ is Football’s Official Best Three Wins Against Collingwood

Gold Medal Victory

My brain exploded when Akermanis kicked the sealer. This was one of the most desperate and heroic efforts from the Greatest Team I have ever seen.

Silver Medal Victory

Paul Roos ... what more can you say!

Bronze Medal Victory

Another Premiership. Enjoyed this one because we came in as underdogs and stamped our authority all over Collingwood. Great to see the boys stick it up Eddie and his Victorian Media Darlings. Robert Walls must have backed Collingwood, because he was bleeding in the box.

Honourable Mentions
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1979/040619790407.html
At this one. A nasty game of football. Gary Wilson was knocked out in the opening minutes of the first quarter by Ron Wearmouth, if my memory serves me correctly. A violent brawl ensued and the Umpires lost control of the game. The score in the first quarter was so low because nobody wanted to go near the ball. Every possession was a potential king hit for the ball carrier. At quarter time they brought Wilson out on a stretcher and the Fitzroy boys IGNITED! I have never seen a team play so angry and with such resolve. Collingwood were humbled on their home ground in front of their supporters in the opening round of the season. I will never forget the animosity on the ground and in the stands. This sort of game could never happen again.

At this one too. Bernie Quinlan made history at the Junction Oval.

There’s nothing like beating Collingwood. Let’s hope we can do it today.

I flew down from Brisbane for 2002. Was a life affirming experience :D

As for today, yep, rolling the Pies is (second only to Port personally) manna from heaven. Just once I’d like to see kicks and handballs hitting targets, marks sticking and goals scored. That’d be tidy :)

This is the game I want the Lions to win every year no matter what type of season we're having.

Fitzroy won by 134 points yesterday so the Lions toppling Collingwood this afternoon would cap off a magnificent weekend.

It's the unofficial two year anniversary of my first date with my current girlfriend. Let's hope that both the game and the date go well today instead of just one... But if I had to choose one the game is more important... she's basically stuck with me now.

I hope the date is not taking her to the footy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back