Autopsy Round 7 2024 - GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Thursday 25 April, 7.30 pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

After last night, I would agree that Peatling looks like he could be that Ward successor. Probably doesn't have the same top level as Wardy, but can be that solid midfield extractor and tackler.

I’m pretty bullish on what I saw at the ground last night. With a bit more strength through his core he looks to have a high enough ceiling that a midfield of Green, Peatling and Calllaghan will have enough inside-outside quality going into the future.

Hindsight confirms that the tribunal helped us by letting off Hogan instead of Toby.
Who would have thought that statement would be true 12 months ago!
However if Toby did what Hogan did would've got 2 weeks and an extra week when appeal failed

So, based on a pre game commitment it turns out I'm now a token gws fan for the rest of the year. Unless I'm booed off your board.

Gotta have a team to cheer for in the finals series and the lions are not looking likely. Absolutely spent, nothing left and we aren't even half way.

Couldn't see a thread for other supporters, if you have one can you flick me to it.

I have a lot to learn about your players, hopefully it's a fun experience.
you are most welcome.

be warned, we have a magnetic pull, you might find yourself a fulltime fan by the time Toby lifts the cup :)

Harris is insanely good. Has been the best lions player by a mile in every game this year.

No shame in being beaten by him, ever.
agree.
Andrews beat him solidly, but Cadman found a way to still contribute. That is enough when playing on an elite player.

He is old, but he put in a good shift against Neale when Green was resting. Still provides value for the team.

Peatling looks like the heir apparent to Ward. Played really well in the middle, his game is a lot harder than last time I saw him play. Some Wardesque moments in the contest.
After last night, I would agree that Peatling looks like he could be that Ward successor. Probably doesn't have the same top level as Wardy, but can be that solid midfield extractor and tackler.

If there's a squeeze on for positions, using the old "managed" pushes the decision a week down the road, and sets up that 300th nicely. We could pull out the "Old Dogs' Home" banner. ;)
still think that role will fall to Rowsten

No way in gods green earth he doesn’t get his 300.
Giants stadium against the mutts would be bang on perfect
id make sure he got there too.
He is my all time favourite Giant

I’m pretty bullish on what I saw at the ground last night. With a bit more strength through his core he looks to have a high enough ceiling that a midfield of Green, Peatling and Calllaghan will have enough inside-outside quality going into the future.
Nowhere near the level at the moment but Peatling gives me butters/rozee vibes.

Just that slightly built mid who is quick and evasive and we don’t really have otherwise.

Very promising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are most welcome.

be warned, we have a magnetic pull, you might find yourself a fulltime fan by the time Toby lifts the cup :)

Yeah, Toby.

My son was young when Toby emerged and he was blinded by the brilliance. But would only ever kick the ball the Toby way.

Was hilarious and annoying at the same time.

I'll have to put Toby in the developing devotion category for the moment. It'll take some work.

Agree with others about Peatling - he has done well to force his way into the team and is now putting his best foot forward. Very energetic and zippy which is the style of player Kingsley likes buzzing around.

Ward offered a fine for striking by the MRO.

Ward and Neale were sighted for striking each other during a tense second term at Manuka Oval on Thursday night.

It's the second striking charge for Neale this season, after he was slapped with a fine following an Opening Round skirmish with Carlton's George Hewett

Ward can accept a $2,500 fine with an early plea, however Neale's fine is $3,750 with an early plea as a second offence.

The MRO graded the incident all three incidents as intentional, low impact and body contact, leading to the fines.

Would have said so previously, but JP getting chosen ahead for Lions was interesting. Seems to put him ahead? Perhaps seen as slightly more versatile than just an extractor?

Perhaps better to term it "Peatling is a credible option for the Ward role".
think Peatling is more of a Jack of all trades.
He is not clean enough to do anything more than pinch it in that role.
I think he is perfect for that sub role.
Slot him in anywhere, loads of energy and can make a difference.

think Peatling is more of a Jack of all trades.
He is not clean enough to do anything more than pinch it in that role.
I think he is perfect for that sub role.
Slot him in anywhere, loads of energy and can make a difference.
I would have said the same, but Kingers extolled JP for clean hands and fast feet in his post-game news conference.

Assuming cogs and Taylor are right to go and given Daniels was unused it seems like we got through unscathed.

we need to find a spot for 1 defender, 2 forwards and a mid (or maybe 2 mids and a forward?)

Taylor for Aleer (has shown some good signs)
Toby for XO
Cogs for peatling (sub) - or is wardy in trouble
Daniels for Jones/thomas/wehr/bedford/Cadman how do you choose. Wehr and Cadman are not like for like and have been solid this year playing a role. Bedford and Thomas don’t deserve to miss out and Jones is last in but I really think we need to get games into him cause he is very impressive

Whoever misses out is super unlucky but we have some serious depth running around in the VFL.

Could have Haynes, cumming, Aleer, XO, Wardy, jones all running around in the VFL ready to roll if we get an injury

Yeah this is a tough one. If Jones gets the rising star, which I expect him too, then you can’t take him out. But Thomas did well too. Taylor for Aleer is an obvious one. Sad for him because he needs to get games into him too. But when the team is so strong it’s going to be the weakest link that misses out I guess.

I think the forwards are down to Cadman and Weir for that spot. Maybe Weir. But then there is Toby and Daniels to come in too. Man match committee will be tough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think only one more to be hopefully above average as a key forward. I think it is a dilemma, he is too good to be playing vfl but that's what happens when a high draft pick is at a top 4 club.

Is he a better player than Amartey right now?
Just an interesting comparison ( I know he is a swans player).

I think one approach is to have 4 players who rotate between 3 spits, almost regardless of form.

I think Cadman and Amartey are about on par at the moment

What do you think mate ?

Hindsight confirms that the tribunal helped us by letting off Hogan instead of Toby.
Who would have thought that statement would be true 12 months ago!

If JH wins the Coleman it will be one of the most amazing career turnarounds. I really hope he can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back