Review Round 7, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try concentrating on the football mate and the performance of our key forward. Do you have a response or analysis of Joes game.......or do you just have silly insults.

Go for it champ.

What ya got?

Quit embarassing yourself champ.

Try concentrating on the football mate and the performance of our key forward. Do you have a response or analysis of Joes game.......or do you just have silly insults.

Go for it champ.

What ya got?

I just got champ’d. How will I recover.

I do watch the games but my world doesn’t come crashing down when a player has a bad game. You should try it.

Joe didn't look right yesterday to me . Maybe why we persisted with Henry.

Joe's been a major reason for us winning 8 in a row and we won't win a flag without him . Enough said.

What we need to do is totally focus on winning our next 2 . Any thoughts of who we would like to play a bit pointless but needless to say fit and well we should beat the Cats and the Swans.
I'm concerned that we're relying on Joe to be our spearhead yet he's so flakey. He seems mentally fragile and reactive. I wish he was the sort of personality you could depend on but his mental toughness is similar to a first or second year player. Going into another finals campaign is nerve racking because our offensive leader is a flat track bully and a coaster.
It's a shame really that guys like Joe are going to burn other players careers just cause Joe isn't going to chase, isn't going to tag, isn't going to stand under the high ball etc.

What if Cam has a bad game though?

Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

Speaking of Cam yesterday was the first time I've seen concerted physical attention paid to him and significant respect from the opposition every time he went near the ball. Nearly having his head taken off by 3 players in the last quarter was a shocking umpiring error.

Two things. It's maybe a new challenge for him after working his way through the expectation of being No 1 pick. The next step is performing strongly when you're targeted as a threat.

The other issue is it has to make it easier for some of our other guns if the opposition has added him to the mix of who gets special attention.

Speaking of Cam yesterday was the first time I've seen concerted physical attention paid to him and significant respect from the opposition every time he went near the ball. Nearly having his head taken off by 3 players in the last quarter was a shocking umpiring error.

Two things. It's maybe a new challenge for him after working his way through the expectation of being No 1 pick. The next step is performing strongly when you're targeted as a threat.

The other issue is it has to make it easier for some of our other guns if the opposition has added him to the mix of who gets special attention.
FYI you are in the round 7 thread ...

I just got champ’d. How will I recover.

I do watch the games but my world doesn’t come crashing down when a player has a bad game. You should try it.
I too used to get too caught up in my teams sporting results, but with age comes an increasing sense of perspective.

I was over our GF loss last year pretty quickly, a normal H&A game is Meh in comparison, yes I am well and truly invested in the team but don't fret about the uncontrollables.

beardancer is probably very young.:babybottle:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why this thread got bumped originally and apologies to keep it going, but just my thoughts around how we’ve turned around the season.

I think any team carrying 5 blokes on the LTI list with ACLs aren’t meant to be competing for finals let alone flags and in reality that along with our start probably ends up getting us in the end. However, and I have been as critical as anyone on this team in the past, but the turnaround to at least get back and give themselves a chance should be commended I think.

Yesterday hurts because after all the hard work it feels like that was a bit of a self inflicted dagger, with everything now seemingly much harder. It doesn’t take away the turnaround from the club though, which I think should be applauded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back