Autopsy Round 7 - Liked, Hated, Learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: Jack Henry-- who is already better than Lever! Brisbane V Collingwood, for the first time in a long while i was interested in a game of FOOTBALL.

Learnt: It's a precious society and it's quite insane, but without question we are putting up with the worst bunch of commentators of all time. Paul Roos is certifiable, his behaviour and reaction to the Hawkins non event was hysterical and he should seek immediate medical attention. Hurry up though because Robert Walls might be in the waiting room ahead of him, he gave all his three best on ground votes to Freo players! That's just being a smartarse, it's too dumb to be diagnosed insane! Jon Ralph doesn't deserve any time at all. Ross Lyon's time is running out. Player's must rugby tackle Martin at the waist.

Hated: Score reviews being dictated by TV commitments. FFS get this right, if there is doubt then check it out, forget this going back to the centre BS.
The Hawkins incident is a witch hunt due to the boredom of Friday night football. Paul Roos and Jon Ralph hysteria!
Nathan Buckley proved conclusively that you do NOT let coaches anywhere near rule changes in order to improve the look of the game. He didn't like yesterday's game and once he mentioned that word "Turnovers" in his presser my point was proven. All coaches wake in the middle of the night yelling that word, their wives head for another room with the "Vaseline" only to discover their husbands are as scrambled as the game itself is at the minute. Geelong in white shorts at home again!

Liked : eagles midfield - it appears reports of our demise were a little pre-emptive.

Learnt : richmond have zero hangover, are going to finish top of the table and earn all their home finals on the way to a flag that noone will question. (Barring injury of course)

Hated : injuries to players - i want to see the best guys on the field.

Liked: James Sicily. He's in All Australian form at the moment

Hated: The score reviews. Absolute crap. You have to review something like the Mc'Veigh incedent

Learnt: North Melbourne are going to shake up the 8 a lot this tear.

Liked: No standouts for the Tigers - a solid team effort.

Hated: The score reviews which are getting in the way of the game. And the hysteria surrounding Hawkins.

Learnt: there is an gap between the top and the middle of the road teams.

Liked:
  • Winning

Hated:
  • Hawkin's brain fade
  • Congestion

Learnt:
  • GWS has no depth.
  • The football media is full of shit - e.g., in one post game report a "journalist" named all the missing GWS players from Friday night's game, and went on to say Geelong was missing a few, naming just 3.
  • Richmond can do no wrong and on the MCG currently has no peer

Liked : eagles midfield - it appears reports of our demise were a little pre-emptive.

Learnt : richmond have zero hangover, are going to finish top of the table and earn all their home finals on the way to a flag that noone will question. (Barring injury of course)

Hated : injuries to players - i want to see the best guys on the field.

If we happen to get there and win another, it will be questioned. Bookmark, BF posters crying about our soft draw that set us up for back to back flags etc lol.

Liked - With 3 of our midfield out and playing against a monster ruck and quality midfield group, we still managed to defend the MCG perfectly and still kick a winning score with a even spread of goal kickers. Also, Graham, Jack Graham that is, development is tracking wonderfully and I am super confident that in 3 years time he will become a prominent midfielder of the comp.

I also liked Norths win, showed character.

Hated - Score review system, the way they apply it is to inconsistent across all games. Either apply it the same way or scrap it. Hawkins shoving a umpire, that should not ever happen in todays game, regardless of excuses. Also hated Shuey getting hurt.

Learned - The pie supporters talk about 3 games in 12 days, then reduce it to 11 and then magically reduce it to 10 days lol. Also learned that WC players are starting to form a pretty close bond and are my smokey this year.

Liked - Nat Fyfe. In a shit truck team, he was awesome yesterday
Hated - The umpiring on the weekend. Getting really confusing out there on their interpretations.
Learnt - North could make finals. Take them lightly at your peril.

Liked:
North besting Swans at their own game.
Pies Lions game was a ripper and Pies had the skills to finish the game off despite fatique.

Learnt:
Dont expect easy games from anyone.

Hated:
Commentary is becoming a whinefest. Too old too grumpy. I want less people like me and mire people unlike me talking abt footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Geelong back 6 post Lonergan/Mackie/Enright (and missing Henderson/Taylor)

Hated - Hawthorn/Essendon game failing to live up to any kind of contest due to Essendon being atrocious

Learnt - St Kilda need to "reset" yet again

Hated: reading comments from Port fans gloating/laughing about Shuey getting injured....no injuries to any players is one of the things we should all have in common.
Especially players of calibrs. Shuey is a star, albeit highly underrated. Love the way he plays his footy

Loved the Pies kicking ass. Players developing before my very eyes: Philips, Thomas, Cox, Schaz.

Hated yet another twilight game. 'The grass is getting dewey. Might be a slippery ball soon'. Jesus. Start the game earlier then!

I learned that already there's no grass down the Lockett end. Try spending some money you cheap bastards.

I learned that Gil is the master of deflection. Just a coincidence that we had the 'state of the game' mass debate hot on the heals of these issues (lest we forget): Koch suing channel 7, Powell Pepper sex scandal, Brisbane player attempted suicide, Bomber Thompson drug scandal, Ross Lyon sex scandal.

I learned that Smeg products are just swell.

I learned that when Gary Ablett dies, we should cut off his head and put it on a wall at the AFL museum.

Liked: Nat Fyfe, out and out GUN. A truly wonderful player
Learnt - West Coast are playing decent footy, still a long way to go but great signs.
Richmond is playing awesome footy, will take some serious beating

Hated: Injuries to players all over the league.
St Kilda & Essendon - Were supposed to be playing finals Playing truly awful footy

LEARNT
Supposedly even year but already 6 clubs will not play finals
Carlton GC Bris STK FREO WB
Essendon unlikely (should but looking extremely unlikely)
North been terrific but doubt will play finals ( hope they Do)
Bottom clubs struggling to attract top end players.
Free trade allowing top sides to bleed bottom teams.

Loved watching The Saint Kilda Shit Show keep on truckin' along, Fatman McCartin with a zero-goal game while THE WEED lit up the stadium with two cracking goals. Loved the melts, just absolutely loved it, delicious tears everywhere from a sorry sack of supporters. Fantastic stuff.

Loved Angus Brayshaw's performance.

Loved the Scandals! Who needs NEW IDEA MAGAZINE when you've got 'budding boobies' calibre Ross "THE BOSS" Lyon?

The revelation Bomber Thompson was hooking up w/ a Ladyboy. We've all been there. What a bloody legend.

It's been a FANTASTIC week of AFL FOOTBALL!!!!

Liked: Better round of footy over all I thought. Think we jumped the gun last week.

Hated: NN getting offered a one match ban for a great tackle. WC have to appeal, and if he still gets suspended, I may give up watching this.

Learnt: Tigers are going back to back.

Learned - The pie supporters talk about 3 games in 12 days, then reduce it to 11 and then magically reduce it to 10 days lol. Also learned that WC players are starting to form a pretty close bond and are my smokey this year.

Last I heard they played three games back 2 back.

Seriously though that was way overblown - Pies had a 7 day break before our game.

Liked

Winning, won every quarter for the first time this year. Hogan playing around the ground then swinging forward for goals is a tough matchup for most opposition teams.

Hated

Giving up late goals again, the same as last week. You'd think we'd care about percentage.

Haven't seen many people come out and give Brad Scott some well deserved kudos for where North are at this year. He has copped a lot of sh!t over the past few years but is underrated by many. Plenty of people should be admitting they were wrong.

Learned

Push in the backs are now suspension worthy.

Liked - Nat Fyfe is back to his Brownlow best
Hated - Nic Nat getting suspended what an absolute ****ing joke.
Learnt - Nobody will touch Richmond at the MCG, Carlton will be lucky to finish with 3 wins for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7 - Liked, Hated, Learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back