Game Day Round 7: Sydney v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seaby and Everitt was completely ineffectual. Must go back to the twos. How much worse can you be giving Pyke a run? Everitt was disgusting.

Everitt was our best forward FFS! Could easily have had 3 goals and as many assists. OK, our forwardline stunk, but he was the best of a bad lot. Much more effective than Reid, White, or McGlynn.

I was at the game as well!

He is a kid that has a crack & tonight he was under siege.

First Q we had 70 odd less disposals. The ball kept getting pumped in.
The kid just wanted to get it the hell out of there hence the double fisted punches. He also took marks under pressure.

He had a better crack than many senior players.
He is a very smart defender that is learning every week.

I can't believe how harsh some 'supporters' are of kids.
AJ hasn't played 30 games yet.
I guess the question to be asked is why did the Tigers have 90 more disposals in the first? We were soft ****, Seaby can't ruck for peanuts (not taking anything away from Maric who I rate as a decent ruckman) and what was Shaw doing in the final qtr in defensive 50 twirling around like a d/head and getting caught, he is not sure atm. Everitt....why is he playing? Because we don't have anyone else.

Everitt was our best forward FFS! Could easily have had 3 goals and as many assists. OK, our forwardline stunk, but he was the best of a bad lot. Much more effective than Reid, White, or McGlynn.
Not the same ever since his K.O. by Clarke against the Dockers a couple of seasons ago...he has lost his will to attack the ball.

I was at the game as well!

He is a kid that has a crack & tonight he was under siege.

First Q we had 70 odd less disposals. The ball kept getting pumped in.
The kid just wanted to get it the hell out of there hence the double fisted punches. He also took marks under pressure.

He had a better crack than many senior players.
He is a very smart defender that is learning every week.

I can't believe how harsh some 'supporters' are of kids.
AJ hasn't played 30 games yet.

What are you talking about he took 4 marks for the game? I understand he is trying his best and he is young but this is AFL mate and you dont get points for trying, he turned it over and made poor decisions today. I think he will be a good player but he has been under par of late.

Not the same ever since his K.O. by Clarke against the Dockers a couple of seasons ago...he has lost his will to attack the ball.

Yeah, he's terribly out of sorts. I've been a supporter but he needs to get his mojo back in the 2s. We can't keep carrying him.

Everitt is always the first to cop criticism, but he was actually one of our better performers today. Given how little delivery the forwardline got, and how poor this delivery was, Everitt did very well to get as involved as he did. Didn't take all his chances, but at least he was creating them.

What are you talking about he took 4 marks for the game? I understand he is trying his best and he is young but this is AFL mate and you dont get points for trying, he turned it over and made poor decisions today. I think he will be a good player but he has been under par of late.

In this game of AFL mate, who would you replace him with from our reserves?

Come on coach!

Give us something brilliant!

Reid needs a spell. He isnt providing enough and hasn't for a number of weeks now. Today at times he was very static in the forward line when players were looking for options, he just didnt move enough and present. He wasnt our worse................actually, you know, I think he was.

In this game of AFL mate, who would you replace him with from our reserves?

Come on coach!

Give us something brilliant!

Sorry I didn't realise I wasn't aloud an opinion. I don't watch the reserves so I cant give you anything brilliant sorry. I just think Johnson was poor today thats all. If you think he was great thats fine but dont be a tool about it just because someone saw the game differently.
As your such a boss of a footy analyst and im so clueless why dont you tell me who do you thought was poor today? If I disagree with you try not to turn into a complete nob again and make more pathetic remarks. "come on coach"...ha good call champ.

I was at the game and im sorry but Johnson was terrible. He is double fisting balls away he should be marking and his kicking out of defence was junk, he turned it over twice for goals. He needs a spell in the twos.

I was at the game and Johnson was good. Matched up on Miller early who at this stage is a physical mismatch and did well and in fact played gamely in front of the Richmond forward line getting A+ service and often stopped there progress. Also gut ran in the third when Jack Riewoldt slipped Teddy to punch over the boundary when Jack thought he was marking in the clear.

Johnson was among our best today.

I was at the game and Johnson was good. Matched up on Miller early who at this stage is a physical mismatch and did well and in fact played gamely in front of the Richmond forward line getting A+ service and often stopped there progress. Also gut ran in the third when Jack Riewoldt slipped Teddy to punch over the boundary when Jack thought he was marking in the clear.

If Miller is playing well, there is something wrong with the world :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went at 77% disposal efficiency from 13 touches, 5 contested possessions and 4 uncontested marks. So he has butchered it 3 times and of 2 of those there goals scored. Miller kicked 2 goals on him and Miller is average at best. As As I said he tried hard but for mine I dont think thats good enough for your 3rd tall. If you think thats a good game then thats your opinion. Grundy and Richards may not have been great today but they have the runs on the board and are proven defenders, Johnson is not although I still think he will be a good player.

If Miller is playing well, there is something wrong with the world :(
No what is wrong is that today was probably the most insipid gutless spineless performance by a Swans team on record.Today was a chance to stand up and to put it simply they dogged it.At the risk of being howled down by posters who would have their favourite players outed i can name at least 6 players who shit themselves on more than one ocassion and others who just refused to compete hard enough in a contested situation.I have defended McVeigh unconditionally especially againts Bedfords thoughts but as much as Bedford has flogged a dead horse he is 100% right.He is shit scared to put his head over the ball and is not a captains rrrrshole.Captains lead in the face of adversity not gut run in the last 10 minutes of the game to pick up a half a dozen junk time posessions when the result is well and truly decided. F*** dual captaincy off and make Kennnedy stand alone captain with Goodes his deputy left to concentrate on being the match winner he is.

Only 2nd time in 12 years ive had to miss a game, looks like 22 players missed as well.

White and reid still shining as batman and robin i see. We have gone to shit in 2 weeks, we should beat richmond really surely or at least be competitive

Sorry I didn't realise I wasn't aloud an opinion. I don't watch the reserves so I cant give you anything brilliant sorry. I just think Johnson was poor today thats all. If you think he was great thats fine but dont be a tool about it just because someone saw the game differently.
As your such a boss of a footy analyst and im so clueless why dont you tell me who do you thought was poor today? If I disagree with you try not to turn into a complete nob again and make more pathetic remarks. "come on coach"...ha good call champ.

You said you want him dropped because he double fisted when he should have marked & he missed his targets when he should have hit them & he only took 4 marks.
Never said he was great because none of our players were tonight.
I just think you are being harsh on a kid.
You are allowed an opinion, I never referred to you as clueless & I don't like sooks that look to blame anyone & everyone when their night at the footy didn't turn out quite the way they wanted it to.

It just wasn't our night tonight but we are still 5 & 2!

So far tonight, according to posters on here, we should dump the following players next week!

Seaby, Everitt, Grundy, Johnson, McGlynn, White, Reid, O'Keefe, Mattner.
We'll throw in the injury to Parker & that makes 10 player changes to our team next week against Melbourne.

Now let's see................have we got 10 players in the reserves that can come in?
Apologies to you that you happened to be the one that finally made me want to respond to this nonsense in the manner I did, but AJ, a young up & coming defender, should never be dropped when no one else in our twos would come close to coping with the amount of pressure our defenders were under tonight.

We move on. We make a change where we have a suitable replacement in form & where we most need it.

Our forward line. If Reid is fit, he stays put. If he isn't, he rests. The in form player seems to be Morton but he isn't a like for like as he is much shorten than Reid.
Walsh is the man. He is a big mobile man that can use his size & he has been learning the role required patiently in the twos.
The other position we are getting smashed in is in the ruck.
Seaby is trying hard, but is losing the hit outs badly every week. We don't get first use of ball to our advantage on many occasions of late with our midfielders having to rove off the opposition ruckman on every occasion. It's killing us.
Would Pike offer anything better in the ruck? I don't think so. Not as the number one ruckman, so we persist with Seaby.
So next week I can only see the two changes.
The injured Parker going out for perhaps Meredith because he had a good midfield game today & perhaps Walsh for Reid if the kid needs a break to get healthy again.
But Alex Johnson would be one of the last To be dropped from our team in the near future?

Sorry if I offended you with my frustration over your post. It was the final straw after all I've read tonight!

You said you want him dropped because he double fisted when he should have marked & he missed his targets when he should have hit them & he only took 4 marks.
You are allowed an opinion, I never referred to you as clueless & I don't like sooks that look to blame anyone & everyone when their night at the footy didn't turn out quite the way they wanted it to.

So far tonight, according to posters on here, we should dump the following players next week!

We'll throw in the injury to Parker & that makes 10 player changes to our team next week against Melbourne.

Now let's see................have we got 10 players in the reserves that can come in?
Apologies to you that you happened to be the one that finally made me want to respond to this nonsense in the manner I did, but AJ, a young up & coming defender, should never be dropped when no one else in our twos would come close to coping with the amount of pressure our defenders were under tonight.

We move on. We make a change where we have a suitable replacement in form & where we most need it.

Our forward line. If Reid is fit, he stays put. If he isn't, he rests. The in form player seems to be Morton but he isn't a like for like as he is much shorten than Reid.
Walsh is the man. He is a big mobile man that can use his size & he has been learning the role required patiently in the twos.
Seaby is trying hard, but is losing the hit outs badly every week. We don't get first use of ball to our advantage on many occasions of late with our midfielders having to rove off the opposition ruckman on every occasion. It's killing us.
Would Pike offer anything better in the ruck? I don't think so. Not as the number one ruckman, so we persist with Seaby.
The injured Parker going out for perhaps Meredith because he had a good midfield game today & perhaps Walsh for Reid if the kid needs a break to get healthy again.
But Alex Johnson would be one of the last To be dropped from our team in the near future?

Sorry if I offended you with my frustration over your post. It was the final straw after all I've read tonight!
really, wow? :eek:

OK well fair enough. but did you even look at the stats I posted up? I think I had a pretty valid point? Anyway your right he certainly is not the first to be looked at during selection and of course most of these discussions are subjective so each to their own opinion. I do think that Pyke is under rated and uses a lot more body than Seaby which is where I think he is getting smashed, lack of presence. How much worse can he be its worth a try? As for others the only player id like to see out is Everitt for a natural goal kicker in Morton. I dont know where he would fit into the structure but I feel like Gordon deserves a shot as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back