Game Day Round 7: Sydney v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to face reality for a few players and supporters. Who will be in our next premiership team? Seaby no. Everitt no. White no. Shaw? Mattner? How bad are we at picking our subs? From Seaby in the first game last year, we have learnt nothing. Our choices in the last 2 games have been staggering. Everitt v Ade. and TDL tonight. TDL is the only natural forward we have and with the great man out, we start him as the sub?? And what we have done to Sam Reid has been deplorable. He's a kid and been hurt for 4 weeks and we keep running him into the ground. And now all of a sudden, the Jet is our most important player.

Strange logic. So we only play people who will be in our next premiership?

K, bye Bolton, O'Keefe, any experience that a young team needs to actually win games. While I'm at it, don't let the door hit you on the way out Goodes.

We probably should have picked up Fev. Surely we could put up with his shit just to have a decent target down forward.

We probably should have picked up Fev. Surely we could put up with his shit just to have a decent target down forward.

agree, club could've protected there young gun, and paid fev base salary and incentives.. but the club knew best... now we have a player who gets beat up every week and cant kick a goal.. i dont care what anyone says, fev should've been drafted.

Some thoughts on the game:

- Reid needs a spell in the twos..bring Morton or Walsh in
- Seaby has been poor, perhaps give Pyke a run?
- White....how many chances does he need?
- TDL was decent after coming on, give him a full game against Melbourne
- Why was Newman not manned up at all?
- McVeigh was rubbish
- ROK looks like a snail out there..surely his time playing AFL is limited
- Johnson was good
- Umpiring was ordinary, but it didn't really cost us the match
- Kennedy was ordinary, but was still one of our best

The game was defiantly played on our terms early very uncontested using our footskills to move the ball around. Think a lot of your players struggled to run with us early.

After half time you structured up differently sitting one behind the ball in front of riewoldt. should have been done in the 1st qrt. Your free did well not sure about the guys name but he got into the space of a our forwards nicely.

Bit harsh on ROK guys been a jet for ages now still a great player.

Saw Kennedy live for the first time. wow just a beast huge man.

The game was defiantly played on our terms early very uncontested using our footskills to move the ball around. Think a lot of your players struggled to run with us early.

After half time you structured up differently sitting one behind the ball in front of riewoldt. should have been done in the 1st qrt. Your free did well not sure about the guys name but he got into the space of a our forwards nicely.

Bit harsh on ROK guys been a jet for ages now still a great player.

Saw Kennedy live for the first time. wow just a beast huge man.
ROK will never be forgotten by any swans fan after he's retired. FWIW he has been one of my favourites. But he's past his prime clearly, hopefully he can just concentrate on being a forward instead of playing midfield

Strange logic. So we only play people who will be in our next premiership?

K, bye Bolton, O'Keefe, any experience that a young team needs to actually win games. While I'm at it, don't let the door hit you on the way out Goodes.

I think we need to invest games into players that are a chance to play in a GF in 2014-16. Obviously you need to keep playing experienced players, which is why I didn't mention Jude, ROK or Goodes. But, I think White, Everitt have proved that they are not up to it. Seaby is just filling in time and space. And we recruited Armstrong to play, so we need to play him and see if he is up to it. TDL needs to play as well.

Not a fan of O'Keefe loose in defence. Need some sort of rebounding ability imo and he is too slow for that role. He was far from our worst tonight though, so he doesn't deserve a bashing.

I'd nearly make him a permanent forward because he is still capable of clunking marks and kicking goals. Overall he has been a good mid for the last few years but it's nearly time for him to return to the role that made him a damn good player. 3rd tall type but probably closer to goal than he used to play. Can still take a strong contested mark and his goal kicking has been better recently.

ROK will never be forgotten by any swans fan after he's retired. FWIW he has been one of my favourites. But he's past his prime clearly, hopefully he can just concentrate on being a forward instead of playing midfield

Hes role as a forward is dead though, the games has changed theres no longer hit up forwards who present 60m from goal. didnt think he had a bad game tonight was better than a lot.

Your main concern in Reid. i was excited to see him tonight very dissapointed :confused:

dont leave everitt out of this discussion. Some of his efforts tonight were just deplorable. He was Richmond's best player.

Bit harsh. He was our most productive forward in a forward line that stank. 1 almost (bounced on the end on the goal line), one bad miss, one goal, one goal assist for the sweet pass to McGlynn that Benny somehow cocked up, one goal gone wanting for beating 2 tigers and managing to tap the ball into the goal square where any Swan that could be bothered could have pooped it through.

Overall a bad team effort tonight. Pretty down across the board. AJ & McGlynn need to work on their kicking. Teddy made some amateurish blunders, Hanners can't take set shots ...I could go on

soft but technically there.

There was one really bad one that Jack got away with in the first term but the others were borderline and he got it through strength. No point sooking that.

Nick Smith so far hasn't got a mention, in the scrimmages around the half back today he was good and strong and contested the ball well.

Mattner is just not contributing his running game at the moment and was missing through the first half.

If Reids not fit he needs a break now. If he is fit than his form is a serious concern.

I think he needs to be added to the Watch List....

Nick Smith & Alex Johnson were sensational tonight under extreme pressure.
They are true footballers and they are the only two that consistently hold their feet before, during & after a contest giving themselves a better chance at winning a contest.

Richmond posters please let us mourn in peace without your condescending dribble.

Swans posters sniping our players, stop carrying on like kids who have lost their toys. So we lost one that we were probably going to lose anyway. We regroup, we move on. No one with any influence at the Swans gives a toss who you think should be dropped or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are true footballers and they are the only two that consistently hold their feet before, during & after a contest giving themselves a better chance at winning a contest.

Aj is a shit kick despite his great defensive work. Really needs to work on that to be the complete defender.

Richmond posters please let us mourn in peace without your condescending dribble.

Swans posters sniping our players, stop carrying on like kids who have lost their toys. So we lost one that we were probably going to lose anyway. We regroup, we move on. No one with any influence at the Swans gives a toss who you think should be dropped or not.

By your logic why don't you bugger off and stop posting then? No one with any influence at the Swans gives a toss what you think, so why bother posting? It's the same reason a lot of us are venting after that display: to give our opinions and thoughts on the team we love.

I was at the game and im sorry but Johnson was terrible. He is double fisting balls away he should be marking and his kicking out of defence was junk, he turned it over twice for goals. He needs a spell in the twos.

Seaby and Everitt was completely ineffectual. Must go back to the twos. How much worse can you be giving Pyke a run? Everitt was disgusting.
On a positive note I thought TDL was good when he came on, Kennedy, Grundy, Bolton and Jetta tried really hard all day. Reid is just down on confidence, he will be back.
Its not the end of the world but we have some things to work on for next week.

I don't like the whinge about umpires, but number 32 is a joke, not consistent at all......clearly was the least of our problems though, the margin was flattering in the end considering the dominations of the Tigers on the stats, barring I50s which was about the same (but rebound 50s for Tigers was a bliss), Skills were shot, kicks weren't direct and when we had a chance to break them through the middle, we coughed it up....Tigers aren't what they used to be, we move on.

I was at the game and im sorry but Johnson was terrible. He is double fisting balls away he should be marking and his kicking out of defence was junk, he turned it over twice for goals. He needs a spell in the twos.

I was at the game as well!

He is a kid that has a crack & tonight he was under siege.

First Q we had 70 odd less disposals. The ball kept getting pumped in.
The kid just wanted to get it the hell out of there hence the double fisted punches. He also took marks under pressure.

He had a better crack than many senior players.
He is a very smart defender that is learning every week.

I can't believe how harsh some 'supporters' are of kids.
AJ hasn't played 30 games yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back