Round 7 The Sydney Swans vs. The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack will go to Ablett. I'm thinking the only defence to midfield opponent that matches up to Chappy is Mattner. I think he'll have to take him.
Who do you think will go to Ablett if he goes forward for a while? IMO this is when he has been very dangerous this season, often bringing his tagger into the forward line and making him play a role foreign to him.

Anyone else hoping McVeigh gets a run on Abblett? Similar to the role he has on Cooney and Judd over the last couple of years?

Who do you think will go to Ablett if he goes forward for a while? IMO this is when he has been very dangerous this season, often bringing his tagger into the forward line and making him play a role foreign to him.

Fact of life there is no ideal match up for Ablett. If he does go forward it would probably have to be Smith.

However we must also find a way of turning that into a positive and that would be to let Jack run free. He has stepped up this year that at his pace and strength he might be able to reek some damage through the middle while G Ablett is resting up forward.

Am I the only one who views this as a game Sydney should win?

A lot of the comments in this thread seem to suggest that if we lose by a couple of goals, that that will be a pretty good outcome, which I disagree with.

Geelong are not in great form, the belting of Richmond does nothing but wallpaper the cracks. It's Scarlett's first game back, so there will never be a better chance for Bradshaw to finally beat Scarlett, who has had the wood over him for the last couple of seasons. They've gone in with only one real ruckman, which has 'mistake' writtten all over it. And Corey is still out of the team, and I've always thought he is the glue that holds their team together. Ablett and Chapman get the accolades and the headlines, and Corey wins the games.

Don't get me wrong, Geelong are obviously a very good team, but so are we! I sincerely hope the Swans aren't going in with the same defeated attitude as a few of the fans seem to have (and for that matter, Richmond had). Before the season started, this defeatist attitude could be understood. But Geelong are clearly not the invincible team they once were, and I don't think an honourable loss is good enough any more.
Particularly not with Collingwood coming up, who've always matched up well against us, and are in raging hot form. This is one we not only need to win, but one we should win.

A lot of the comments in this thread seem to suggest that if we lose by a couple of goals, that that will be a pretty good outcome, which I disagree with.

This is one we not only need to win, but one we should win.

Geelongs Umpteen wins in a row at Skilled Stadium suggests most fans are being realistic to the enormity of the task. I would think they are optimistic but probably not willing to sound over confident only to look stupid if they're wrong.

I understand your point we do struggle as fans to have that cocky attitude even when we are firing but I think that sets us aside from some of the other flogs you see on other boards paying no respect to the opposition.

Don't get me wrong, Geelong are obviously a very good team, but so are we! I sincerely hope the Swans aren't going in with the same defeated attitude as a few of the fans seem to have (and for that matter, Richmond had)

No mate youre not alone but I would replace 'should' with 'can'.

Lets smash these feral cats!

Geelongs Umpteen wins in a row at Skilled Stadium suggests most fans are being realistic to the enormity of the task. I would think they are optimistic but probably not willing to sound over confident only to look stupid if they're wrong.

I understand your point we do struggle as fans to have that cocky attitude even when we are firing but I think that sets us aside from some of the other flogs you see on other boards paying no respect to the opposition.

Swans fans (at least on bigfooty) do seem to give more respect to opposition teams than other supporters. Its a good thing generally because if we talk our team up a lot and then something goes wrong and we have a shock loss then we end up looking like idiots. More than a few of us were way to confident going into the Fremantle game last year and those of us who were to confident (myself included) ended up with egg on our faces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd feel a bit more confident if Hanners was playing. But I do think we are a genuine chance.

Hanners would play if he had it his way, but geelong would work his shoulder over like you wouldnt believe. We need him 100% for the rest of the season. The big ranga will step up today.

Hanners would play if he had it his way, but geelong would work his shoulder over like you wouldnt believe. We need him 100% for the rest of the season. The big ranga will step up today.
Ling or Rohan?;)

EDIT: How many comparisons will Russell make with Rohan and Ling being red heads?

I will say 4

Will Derrrrrrwayne Russell use the "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" line about Jude and "as Goodes as it gets" about Goodesy today?

Yes.

Will Derrrrrrwayne Russell use the "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" line about Jude and "as Goodes as it gets" about Goodesy today?

Yes.

Hopefully he'll at least have the line about Jude the other way around. Gets old pretty quickly though.

Just about to leave for Geelong to watch the ranga unleash hell on debut.

Go Bloods!!!!!!

Worst commentator going around. And he'll most likely be joined by Liam Pickering and Spud Frawley, 2 of the worst "expert" commentators out there. How Spud ever became an AFL coach is quite beyond me.

Yes.

Dwayne "Why wasn't that a free kick?" Russell.

I'm sick of him.

x player "Man-handled" y player "Man-handled"

That's all i ever hear out of his trap.

Worst commentator going around. And he'll most likely be joined by Liam Pickering and Spud Frawley, 2 of the worst "expert" commentators out there. How Spud ever became an AFL coach is quite beyond me.
This.

Hope for the best, expect the worst as my Pop used to say. Ablett 50/50? geez, i'd like that from a result perspective, but my DT and SC need him..:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 The Sydney Swans vs. The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back