Round 7 - Weekend Forecast (as seen on AFL 360)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Hi guys, I haven't seen one of these created so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what kind of response this gets. Will make it a weekly thing if people like it.

For those of you familiar with Thursday nights on AFL 360 Gerard Whateley & Mark Robinson have a segment called 'Weekend Forecast' in this segment they go through 3 different predications or scenarios they think will/may happen. They are:

Sure Thing -
what is pretty much a given to happen that weekend. (team x looses, player y will kick 7 goals, umps will keep a close eye on...)

Most at Stake - Who has the most at stake this round, team, player coach ect.

Doomsday Scenario - Not always what you think will happen, but in fact what is the worst scenario happening. (Team loosing, low crowds, injury ect)

Though this might be a bit of fun so predict away.

Sure Thing - Dale 'Daisy' Thomas will get booed Friday night.

Most at Stake - Essendon, after a good start to the year (2-1) now sit at 2-4, they were top 8 certainties at the start of the year, drop this and making finals will be hard.

Doomsday Scenario - North Melbourne go down to the Gold Coast. North had a great win in Perth over the Dockers when they weren't given a chance, if they go down to the Suns in Melbourne questions will again be asked about them.

Good thread idea..

Sure thing: Plenty of passion shown in the Derby. Both teams are in interesting positions and have plenty to play for. Expect a bit of push & shove and expect it early.

Most at stake: North. They need to prove to the footy world that they can win all of these types of games and win them well. Need to build some consistency.

Doomsday: A repeat of round 6, 2007 - where Geelong defeated Richmond by 157 points. Geelong will come out hard after losing to Port & Richmond weren't even remotely competitive against Hawthorn last week. If this gets ugly, it could be a complete trainwreck. What will that mean for Richmond & Hardwick?

I'm a fan of the show, but I've always thought "Most at Stake" and "Doomsday Scenario" was splitting hairs. They are pretty much interchangeable, which is often reflected in Robbo and Gerard picking the same thing but placing it in a different category.
e.g.
Most at Stake: Team X, cause they need to win
Doomsday Scenario: Team X not winning

I'm a fan of the show, but I've always thought "Most at Stake" and "Doomsday Scenario" was splitting hairs. They are pretty much interchangeable, which is often reflected in Robbo and Gerard picking the same thing but placing it in a different category.
e.g.
Most at Stake: Team X, cause they need to win
Doomsday Scenario: Team X not winning

Agree at times, but I think that's not always the case.

But more often then not it is.

Sure things: Essendon will beat the Dogs, Hawks will beat the Saints
Most at stake: Essendon needs the win, North needs to string two games together if it wants to get taken seriously, Freo can't drop another, Carlton needs another win to keep touch.
Doomsday: If Richmond capitulates again serious questions are going to be asked.

Sure Thing: West Coast will win.

Most at Stake: West Coast. Losing to the lowly Freo after starting like a house on fire could see some people question their premiership aspirations.

Doomsday Scenario: West Coast lose and begin to come under the pump.

Sure Thing: Collingwood over Carlton.
Most at Stake: Essendon's aspirations this year are on the line, I think. They're good enough, and it's early, but they'll be in trouble with another loss.
Doomsday scenario: Geelong will absolutely demolish Richmond, and questions will be asked of Hardwick, rightly or wrongly.

Sure thing: Will be a big crowd at the 'G tomorrow night
Most at stake: Essendon. Lose to the Doggies and some serious questions will be asked
Doomsday scenario: Geelong smashing Richmond. 1 bad loss is bad enough, another one and the blowtorch will be well and truly on Hardwick''

Sure thing: Geelong to bounce back from last week's disappointment and hammer Richmond

Most at stake: The two WA teams in the Derby - the loser will be 3-4 and it's a long way back from there.

Doomsday scenario: A below-par crowd tomorrow night for the two traditional rivals will put even more pressure on the incoming McLachlan to do something about the affordability of going to the footy.

Sure thing: Stewart Crameri will be booed
Most at stake: Western Bulldogs - all of the good will gained late last season will be gone if they fail to fire a shot yet again.
Doomsday scenario: Giants v Port Adelaide draws less than 5K. After only 7K turned up to the Giants game against the Dogs, the low crowds in Canberra must be a concern for the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure Thing: Crows get back on track against the dees.

Most at stake: Agree with a few others, Essendon finals aspirations are dashed if we can't get over the Dogs.

Doomsday: Collingwood go big against Carlton, 50+ win to the Pies and the pressure on Mick will be insane.

Hi guys, I haven't seen one of these created so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what kind of response this gets. Will make it a weekly thing if people like it.

For those of you familiar with Thursday nights on AFL 360 Gerard Whateley & Mark Robinson have a segment called 'Weekend Forecast' in this segment they go through 3 different predications or scenarios they think will/may happen. They are:
Sure Thing - what is pretty much a given to happen that weekend. (team x looses, player y will kick 7 goals, umps will keep a close eye on...)

Most at Stake - Who has the most at stake this round, team, player coach ect.

Doomsday Scenario - Not always what you think will happen, but in fact what is the worst scenario happening. (Team loosing, low crowds, injury ect)

Though this might be a bit of fun so predict away.
Good idea, this should be a weekly thing.

Sure Thing: Dale Thomas to get a slaughtering by the Pies fans.

Most At Stake: Essendon

Doomsday Scenario: Richmond lose by 60+

Sure Thing: Crows get back on track against the dees.

Most at stake: Agree with a few others, Essendon finals aspirations are dashed if we can't get over the Dogs.

Doomsday: Collingwood go big against Carlton, 50+ win to the Pies and the pressure on Mick will be insane.
Not as much as it has been (i.e. pressure on mick). Definitely not a doomsday

Sure thing - Adelaide. Got the mojo back and will beat up on the defensive Dees. If Tex plays this could be a 15 goal margin.

Most at stake - AFL. If Pies v Blues doesnt get 80k+ then there are serious issues with 'flex' pricing and something will need to be done ASAP.

Doomsday - Essendon lose. It's all been a bit of fun for Bomber Thompson but if they throw this one away then serious questions need to be asked of him. He can't keep experimenting until Hirdy comes back because he's wasting a season in which the Dons were supposed to fight for the top 4. I could understand being stubborn with Carlisle if they were bottom 6 and needed to educate him but they don't have that option given their list is primed to challenge right now. Can't keep carrying him while Goddard, Chappy, Fletch and Jobe get a year older.

Sure Thing: Geelong to dominate the Tigers at the 'G' and apply Blow torch to Hardwick

Most at stake: North Melbourne - What's the point of going to Perth and beating Freo if your going to lose to Gold Coast under the roof @ the dome

Doomsday: Spotless puts the price of a bucket of chips at the game up to spite the incoming AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 - Weekend Forecast (as seen on AFL 360)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back