Round 7 - Weekend Forecast (as seen on AFL 360)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure Thing - 80,000 to go to see Collingwood versus Carlton.

Most at stake - AFL. If Pies v Blues doesnt get 80k+ then there are serious issues with 'flex' pricing and something will need to be done ASAP.

Only problem here is that the forecast is currently for freezing weather with rain all afternoon and at gametime, although the Bureau seem to have backed down from the earlier forecast of evening hail. Flexible ticket pricing or not, that affects crowds.

Only problem here is that the forecast is currently for freezing weather with rain all afternoon and at gametime, although the Bureau seem to have backed down from the earlier forecast of evening hail. Flexible ticket pricing or not, that affects crowds.
I wouldn't put it past the AFL to have a word to the bureau about making a blockbuster-compliant forecast.

Last edited:

That's a fair point too.

Not sure what the revised figure would be - 70k?

Suggesting that North losing to GC is Most at Stake or Doomsday scenario is just silly and clueless. It's a game between 5th versus 6th who are both 4-2 FFS! It's not as if we'll be out of the 8, or lose touch with top 4/8 if we don't win this weekend. Get a grip.

We have less at stake compared to so many other teams below us who should be higher but are not.

At the same time, North were expected to be pushing for Top 4 this year, they got smashed by the Bombers, had great wins over the Power & Sydney then followed that up by getting smashed by Collingwood, they rebounded by beating the Dockers in Perth. Yes people expected Gold Coast to be good, but you're playing them in Melbourne, that tips the scales in your favour. You need to win for some consistency, otherwise North will still be the inconsistent joke not living up to where they should be at this stage.

In saying all that's these predictions are only opinions.

That's a fair point too.

Not sure what the revised figure would be - 70k?
Should get above 70K no matter what and I'm still hoping for 80K but you can't condemn the ticketing system (bad as it is) if the weather turns out to be terrible.

At the same time, North were expected to be pushing for Top 4 this year, they got smashed by the Bombers, had great wins over the Power & Sydney then followed that up by getting smashed by Collingwood, they rebounded by beating the Dockers in Perth. Yes people expected Gold Coast to be good, but you're playing them in Melbourne, that tips the scales in your favour. You need to win for some consistency, otherwise North will still be the inconsistent joke not living up to where they should be at this stage.

In saying all that's these predictions are only opinions.
Hardly anybody expected us to be top four. We need to win, don't get me wrong, but this doomsday stuff is a little much.

Hardly anybody expected us to be top four. We need to win, don't get me wrong, but this doomsday stuff is a little much.

I thought they were one of the few tipped for 4th, my bad. Sorry.

Sure Thing - Hawks will kill the Saints

Most at Stake - Fremantle

Doomsday Scenario - If Geelong flogs Richmond, there is going to be trouble.

Sure Thing - Dale 'Daisy' Thomas will get booed Friday night.

Most at Stake - Essendon, after a good start to the year (2-1) now sit at 2-4, they were top 8 certainties at the start of the year, drop this and making finals will be hard.

Doomsday Scenario - North Melbourne go down to the Gold Coast. North had a great win in Perth over the Dockers when they weren't given a chance, if they go down to the Suns in Melbourne questions will again be asked about them.

2/3 the same as Robbo on 360 tonight.

Sure Thing - Port to dominate a young Giants team

Most at Stake - North Melbourne. To be considered a premiership threat they need to be consistent, and knock off Gold Coast a team they should account for.

Doomsday Scenario - Richmond getting blown out by Geelong, and killing off their finals chances once and for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure thing: Cats.

Most at stake: Tigers.

doomsday: if the tiger get absolutely flogged- North lose.

Sure thing - Port.

Most at stake - Sydney - they have some tough games coming up and their home ground strength is not what it was. If they are to either finish top four or secure a home final as part of the 5-8 group then they need to win games against teams at the bottom of the table and win them well.

Doomsday - Bombers loss that includes further injury to Goddard.

Regards

S. Pete

Sure thing: Cats.

Most at stake: Tigers.

doomsday: if the tiger get absolutely flogged- North lose.

How can we have the most at stake? We're well aware the season is shot and that changes to the senior echelon of the playing list need to be made sooner rather than later.

Doomsday scenario: A below-par crowd tomorrow night for the two traditional rivals will put even more pressure on the incoming McLachlan to do something about the affordability of going to the footy.

When you put it like that, part of me hopes the crowd tonight is shockingly bad, so the AFL is forced to drastically slash ticket prices Australia wide to make the game more affordable. Including booking fees, the 2 tickets my dad and I bought for Saturdays's match at Adelaide Oval cost $150. That's just ridiculous. Next year I will just get a membership because it's much cheaper, but for the casual fan that is still way too much.

How can we have the most at stake? We're well aware the season is shot and that changes to the senior echelon of the playing list need to be made sooner rather than later.

I think you need to show something this week, if you get hammered I think the wheels will well and truly fall off, Hardwick will be under massive pressure to keep his job.

Sure Thing: Despite being a round of clear favourites, there will be an upset.

Most At Stake: If Gold Coast win they will be 5-2 and well on their way to a first finals series. Respect will be won. If not, its the status quo and they will remain a 'potential' team.

Doomsday Scenario: Rats cause a fire at Richmond station during tonight's game that ruins the trip home for 80k fans.

I think you need to show something this week, if you get hammered I think the wheels will well and truly fall off, Hardwick will be under massive pressure to keep his job.

Well I'm glad the club isn't as fickle as some here think, sacking a coach for some poor form 2 months into the season is ludicrous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 - Weekend Forecast (as seen on AFL 360)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back