Round 7, winners and why

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dogs vs Melb: If the dogs dont win this one they are in serious trouble, Melb arent that good, improved, but not that good and the dogs need a good strong win. Unfortuantely ill be tipping them to win by about 30 points

Ess vs Port: Port are not to bad a team, they will come to Melb with some confidence and will probably be to strong for Ess. I dont rate Ess much to be honest. I would expect Tredrea to kick 5-6 and port to win by 30

Coll vs North: Coll easily. 54 points

Lions vs Freo: Lions should win this one. Surely. I would think they will win most of their games at the Gabba this year, keen to bounce back after playing a potential top 4 side in Sydney. Still a big trip for Freo, but if they can win, that would prove they are fair dinkum and Brisbane a little overrated but ill go the lions by 21

Geel vs Sydney: Ripping game, i am going Sydney in an upset by 4 points. I reckon they are a bloody good side and Geel might be in for a shock as the swans will be very pumped for this (gotta pick one upset)

West Coast vs Hawthorn: If Hawthorn dont win this they are seriosuly seriously stuffed. West Coast are not a good side atm and the Hawks need to make a big statement and come out and win this. Hawks by 14

Adel vs Rich: Adel arent mucg good but Richmond are awful. Crows to get first win by 24 points

Saints vs Carl: carlton buckle when the heat is on, and the Saints are a good unit that apply pressure well and relish a hard contest. Saints by 26. Kosi to kick 4 and play a strong role up forward

Bulldogs vs Melbourne: doggies won't let this one go, their season depends on it. melbourne have improved, but they're not premiership contenders yet

bulldogs by 30

port adelaide vs essendon: bombers must win to keep their slim finals hopes alive, and i'll back them at home coming off a good win

essendon by 20

west coast vs hawthorn: hawthorns season is gone, and i think this year will only get worse for them. west coast at home should get the 4 points

west coast by 30

collingwood vs north melbourne: collingwood are probably premiership favorites now, and with good reason. north won't provide much of a challenge

collingwood by 60

brisbane vs fremantle: after two losses, brisbane need to win this game to keep their season on track. will be game of the round for mine, with brisbane just getting up at home

brisbane by less than a goal

geelong vs sydney: geelong are a class above, and will be looking to make a statement after a shaky start. the probable return of scarlett and corey, and the skilled factor, will see geelong win comfortably

geelong by 40

adelaide vs richmond: in america, they call games like this the 'toilet bowl". i think that describes this match. adelaide are less terrible and will probably win an awful game

adelaide by 20

st kilda vs carlton: carlton are a legitimate top 4 threat, but i think the saints will get up again this week in a close one, but i thought geelong would beat carlton too, so who knows?

still, st kilda by 20

Dogs by 54. Dogs too good to let it slip.
Port by 24. Port look the goods.
Eagles by 29. Eagles at home.
North by 10. Pies to suffer 'blockbuster fatigue'.
Lions by 1. Ripping game.
Crows by 70. Tigers worse.
Cats by 15. They are Geelong.
Saints by 27. It's at Etihad... Very tough there.

interesting...even non-hawks supporters are waiting for that ONE WIN by hawthorn to kick start that season...it's not going to happen folks
WCE by 5-6 goals over in Perth

Dogs vs Melb: Dogs will be too strong

Ess vs Port: the bombers will win by 4 goals

Coll vs North: North will upset the pies

Lions vs Freo: freo, brisbane have some problems

Geel vs Sydney: Swans will upset the cats at the cattery

West Coast vs Hawthorn: errr WCE

Adel vs Rich: be good to see the tigers get a win but i don't think it will happen, the crows by 3 goals

Saints vs Carl: lol, the saints by 6 goals

Doggies by 40 - too good and they will be angry !

Port by 12 - playing at home.

WC by 18 - Hawks are gone :thumbsdown:

Brisbane by 26 - at home :footy:

Geelong by 23 - Adding Ablett, Scarlett and Corey :thumbsu:

Adelaide by 11 - yet the Tiges are that bad !

Saints by 10 - 7 goals to 5 :eek:

Collingwood by 65 - on a roll (for now).

interesting...even non-hawks supporters are waiting for that ONE WIN by hawthorn to kick start that season...it's not going to happen folks

you would be surprised, i know a certain maligned hawthorn defender and apparently the rocket they got put up them after last night almost made some blokes cry... They will come out very hard against west Coast, very very hard. Its a final for Hawthorn, its your season so they will get the job done and prove a point

I'm assuming you didn't have access to Foxtel to see West Coast play today. Honestly if you can't win that game you'll have virtually bottomed out.

Dogs vs Melb: Dogs by 34, need to bounce back

Ess vs Port: Port by a goal, could go either way really

Coll vs North: Collingwood by 64, geez they look good

Lions vs Freo: freo by 10, as above

Geel vs Sydney: Geelong by 22, Sydney are bound to have an off weak

West Coast vs Hawthorn: West Coast by 30. Would be glad to be wrong but can't see Hawks wining:(

Adel vs Rich: Adelaide by 50. bound to turn it around

Saints vs Carl: Carlton by 20. Just a hunch

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs: Crunch game for both sides. If the Dogs lose then their top 4 hopes are down the toilet. Melbourne are the new boys on the block and are a much harder, stronger unit than they were last season. I sense a big upset, Melbourne by 16.

Essendon v Port Adelaide: The Bombers are coming off the back of a very good win against the Hawks and Port were quite ordinary against a substandard Adelaide, but something tells me Port will hit some good form. Port by 28.

Collingwood v North Melbourne: North Melbourne are in good form but Collingwood are in white hot form and should pump the Roos convincingly. Pies by 63.

Brisbane Lions v Fremantle: Brisbane have looked somewhat patchy in recent weeks, as have Freo, but bigger bodies win out in the end. Lions by 17.

Geelong v Sydney: Hard one to tip. The Swans are a better team than you think and are the form side of the competition. Geelong will see the return of Ablett, Scarlo and Corey. The thing that will decide this contest is the home ground advantage and the fact Sydney haven't beaten us at KP since 1999. Geelong by 3 points in a ripper.

West Coast v Hawthorn: Both are travelling pretty ordinary and it will be a tight contest, but the home ground advantage will decide this match again. West Coast by 8.

Adelaide v Richmond: The 'Spoondown' as we know it. Adelaide are awful but Richmond make Fitzroy look like a premiership team. Crows by 40.

St. Kilda v Carlton: The Saints look flat and I'm tempted to tip an upset here, but good teams like St. Kilda always find a way to win. Saints by 18.

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs: Crunch game for both sides. If the Dogs lose then their top 4 hopes are down the toilet. Melbourne are the new boys on the block and are a much harder, stronger unit than they were last season. I sense a big upset, Melbourne by 16.

Essendon v Port Adelaide: The Bombers are coming off the back of a very good win against the Hawks and Port were quite ordinary against a substandard Adelaide, but something tells me Port will hit some good form. Port by 28.

Collingwood v North Melbourne: North Melbourne are in good form but Collingwood are in white hot form and should pump the Roos convincingly. Pies by 63.

Brisbane Lions v Fremantle: Brisbane have looked somewhat patchy in recent weeks, as have Freo, but bigger bodies win out in the end. Lions by 17.

Geelong v Sydney: Hard one to tip. The Swans are a better team than you think and are the form side of the competition. Geelong will see the return of Ablett, Scarlo and Corey. The thing that will decide this contest is the home ground advantage and the fact Sydney haven't beaten us at KP since 1999. Geelong by 3 points in a ripper.

West Coast v Hawthorn: Both are travelling pretty ordinary and it will be a tight contest, but the home ground advantage will decide this match again. West Coast by 8.

Adelaide v Richmond: The 'Spoondown' as we know it. Adelaide are awful but Richmond make Fitzroy look like a premiership team. Crows by 40.

St. Kilda v Carlton: IThe Saints look flat and I'm tempted to tip an upset here, but good teams like St. Kilda always find a way to win. Saints by 26.

Melbourne are improving but they are not that good yet, if the dogs lose this they are in some trouble. Not being able to beat Melbourne does not sit well for a team steadying themselves for a flag tilt.

Gotta say the swans will knock you off here, they are flying and i think the cats are a bit more susceptible to a loss these days. Not saying your not good, but i just think the swans are a bit better than we think?? I dunno i am looking for a reason here! I always go for one upset!

Hawks will beat eagles, too much to play for and the eagles are a bottom three side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wesren Bulldogs vs Melbourne: Dogs, but no certainty.

Essendon vs Port Adelaide: Because we can.

Collingwood vs North Melbourne: Collingwood comfortably

Lions vs Fremantle: Freo comfortably

Geelong vs Sydney: Probably Geelong but this is a game I'll look forward to

West Coast vs Hawthorn: Hawthorn. They might be poor but West Coast are just horrible at present

Adelaide vs Richmond: Adelaide probably, but I can dream...

Saint Kilda vs Carlton: Carlton will play through the Saints game killing style and slightly outscore them. Which is all you have to do in the end.

Bulldogs by 48 - Simple. They're way better than Melbourne.

Port Adelaide by 18 - I think this one will be fairly close, however I cannot tip Essendon to beat Port Adelaide until they actually do it. It's been a few years.

Collingwood by 66 - Simple. They're way better than North Melbourne.

Brisbane by 24 - Simple. Fremantle have won 0 games at the Gabba in their entire history, they probably won't win this one either.

Geelong by 36 - Nice training run today at home and they stay at Skilled next week where they take on the current league leaders and the Cats will be desperate to make a statement and remind the AFL world (and the Swans) who is still boss.

West Coast by 6 - Both the Hawks and Eagles will have the heat put on them this week but I'll stick with the Eagles at home because both sides were in a similar rut last year and the Eagles won that game as well... a very tight finish though...

Adelaide by 12 - The Crows will win this but the margin won't be as big as most expect... if the unimaginable happens the Crows lose a home game to Richmond, I'd be booking the quickest flight out of Adelaide as the place will soon resemble Baghdad (it already does, but more so)...

St Kilda by 42 - The Saints will respond to their gamestyle criticism by kicking a bag of goals but will still strangle the life out of Carlton at the same time to win easily...

WB v Melb - Should be a cracker of a match if bulldogs lose this they are not a top 4 threat but they should win it if they are serious Dogs By 32

Ess v PA - A battle of two team who will be fighting it out for the bottom places of the 8 come seasons end Essendon should get it at home but no certainty Ess by 10

WC v Haw - Hawthorn have been deplorable since the bulldogs game but they did shoe glimpses against the dons with buddy working his way into some form this might surprise people and could be a gem im going with the hawks to get there heart beating in 2010 again Hawks by 5

Coll v NM - Collingwood have been on a high for the last few weeks beating rivals the last 2 weeks comfortably I just have this gut feeling that tells me the Roos turned the corner last week and this will be a lot closer than people realise last time i backed my gut melb got up over brisbane so im going with that again upset of the round NM by 15

BL v Freo - Brisbane are a different beast when on there own patch and should account for freo if they are serious about this year Bris by 27

Geel v Syd - Match of the round here should be a cracking match between the champs and arguably the form team of the comp but for the same reason as above geelong should get the points Geel by 20

Adel v Rich - Adelaide Surely ? Adel by 50

StK v Carl - just have a feeling that the blues maybe a little flat after two really hard fought games. Plus i also think the saints will be out with a point to prove after the bulldogs game Saints by 45

... if the unimaginable happens the Crows lose a home game to Richmond, I'd be booking the quickest flight out of Adelaide as the place will soon resemble Baghdad...
Wrong supporter group. You will get some excessive beeping at traffic lights on the way home, and a lot of angry letters to the paper through the week.

Western Bulldogs V Melbourne: Dogs will be far too classy for Demons. Dogs by 29 points

Essendon V Port Adelaide: Port's record against Essendon is very good, either at AAMI Stadium or Etihad Stadium. Port by 20 points

Collingwood V North Melbourne: Collingwood should be too experienced and powerful for young Roos. Pies by 37 points

Brisbane V Fremantle: Home ground advantage should see Lions sneak home in close encounter. Lions by 10 points.

Geelong V Sydney: I'm tipping Cats, but the Swans have a fighting chance of causing an upset. Cats by 4 points

West Coast V Sydney: West Coast should get over the line at Subiaco. Eagles by 25 points.

Adelaide V Richmond: Adelaide should easily dispose of Richmond here. Crows by 41 points

St.Kilda V Carlton: St.Kilda should grind their way to a win in close one. Saints by 10 points.

Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - Dogs need to bounce back and should do so against the Demons. Dogs by 33.

Essendon V Port Adelaide - Both teams coming off good wins so this should make for a close contest. But rain, hail or shine, Port seem to always find a way to beat the Bombers. Port by 15.

West Coast V Hawthorn - Both teams are just awful at the moment. This will be one of those close games that are awful to watch. The Eagles, at home, should get up in a tight one. Eagles by 6.

Collingwood V North Melbourne - North are a promising young group but Collingwood are a class above at the moment. Pies by 33.

Brisbane V Fremantle - The Lions need to bounce back. Freo have NEVER won at the Gabba in their history and I expect that to continue. Lions by 20.

Geelong V Sydney - Swans are flying this year and should make this a contest at Skilled, but being at Skilled it's hard to go past the Cats with their record there. Cats by 10.

Adelaide V Richmond - The spoondown which we will surely win. I'd hate to see what would happen if we lose. Crows by 27.

St. Kilda V Carlton - The Saints have won their last 12 (or something like that) against Carlton. The Saints have been uninspiring but should claw their way home. Saints by 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7, winners and why

Remove this Banner Ad

Back