AFLW Autopsy Round 8 - Essendon v Swans - Saturday 15 October 3:10pm @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the way she goes about it. One of my favourites and has come through the academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B you're obviously enjoying having a team in the AFLW. I am too although having my umpire rage extended by a few months is not good for my blood pressure 🤣.

Today's game was a good reward for the fans who have hung tough with the girls. They played a really attractive brand of footy and showed good improvement.

Mr B you're obviously enjoying having a team in the AFLW. I am too although having my umpire rage extended by a few months is not good for my blood pressure .

Today's game was a good reward for the fans who have hung tough with the girls. They played a really attractive brand of footy and showed good improvement.

Yep. Loving having a W team to cheer on. I was only young in the dark days of the early 90’s and so my footy upbringing was surrounded by defeat and disappointment. These losses will make the wins so much sweeter for our girls. Was desperately hoping this would be the week as it would have been bloody special to be there for our first win. I wouldn’t put next week past the girls. Not sure if I will get the chance to make it down to Geelong but can’t see us taking it up to a team as strong as them just yet.

Last edited:
Yep. Loving having a W team to cheer on. I was only young in the dark days of the early 90’s and so my footy upbringing was surrounded by defeat and disappointment. These losses will make the wins so much sweeter for our girls. Was desperately hoping this would be the week as it would have been bloody special to be there for our first win. I wouldn’t put next week past the girls. Not sure if I will get the chance to make it down to Geelong but can’t see us taking it up to a team as strong as them just yet.

You can see the improvement which is good. Also, our ability to run out games next season will improve significantly I think.

You can see the improvement which is good. Also, our ability to run out games next season will improve significantly I think.
This is the biggest rea for improvement, it affects everything else, we go through patched where everyone spectates which is something that will improve with the benefit of a full pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two goals, 12 disposals and a team high six tackles has seen 18 year old Sofia Hurley poll six votes from the coaches
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
10 Sophie Alexander (ESS)
6 Sofia Hurley (SYD)
6 Madison Prespakis (ESS)
3 Stephanie Cain (ESS)
3 Bonnie Toogood (ESS)
1 Paige Sheppard (SYD)
1 Lexi Hamilton (SYD)

That is just appalling. It was not even close to being a behind. Both goal and field umpire(s) should be sacked for the rest of the season. They are so hopeless, it is beyond comprehension. I feel like the green maggots go out there with a pre-conceived idea we are hopeless and as such, officiate us accordingly, assuming we are always in the wrong and the other team in the right. It's just disgraceful.

That is just appalling. It was not even close to being a behind. Both goal and field umpire(s) should be sacked for the rest of the season. They are so hopeless, it is beyond comprehension. I feel like the green maggots go out there with a pre-conceived idea we are hopeless and as such, officiate us accordingly, assuming we are always in the wrong and the other team in the right. It's just disgraceful.
It's a poor call no doubt but ludicrous to think that there is some sort of agenda against us.

It's a poor call no doubt but ludicrous to think that there is some sort of agenda against us.
I agree it's not a conscious bias against us. More along the lines of a subconscious "these guys are shit" so we are going to adjudicate accordingly. It's a well known phenomena when teams play against the All Blacks. Or when anyone played against a team with Cameron Smith in it. We definitely lose the bulk of the 50/50 calls, or in this case, a 99/1 call.....

Quite possibly the worst ever call in a professional game, how the field umpires did not over rule or at least confer is a disgrace. Too many amateurs officiating will hold the womens game back.

We called it at the ground at the time. Everyone celebrated as there was no doubt and it was only when the ball was kicked out that everyone looked around thinking it must have been touched off the mark. The amount of times our club receives apologies for this sort of thing is a joke. Yet nothing ever changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Round 8 - Essendon v Swans - Saturday 15 October 3:10pm @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back