Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I can get anyone..cant choose between

Sam Mitchell
Joel Selwood
Dayne Zorko

Thoughts anyone? Currently leaning towards Sam Mitchell because he's playing fremantle at tassy and freo have some big outs.

Fantasia gets a stay of execution with Dempsey out.

Wells looking like the unlucky one this week. Pulling the trigger on him to Riewoldt, otherwise I'm fielding Menadue in the fwd line.

Only 22/30 playing before trades.

Barlow, Wells, McCarthy, R.Davis, Lee, M.Adams, (Currie and Frost) all not playing.

Really undecided on trades.

2 forwards have to go. McCarthy, Davis and Wells are still under priced selling unders for me if they go.

Wells > Trengove (Tipungwuti fwd)
Barlow > N.Riewoldt

sort of wanted Macpherson but not too worried now

Last edited:
What is Wells' injury, its either trade him to Riewoldt and keep Mills or trade Mills to Vince/Boyd and play Menadue over Wells until he comes back.

What do people think?

Riewoldt & Mills would definitely score more than Boyd & Menadue but I risk losing cash on Mills and then when Wells comes back im a week behind on getting to my final team

Totally kicked in the balls this week. Rockliff, Wells, Barlow, already sitting on Laird. So many injuries this year that I've done virtually no upgrading, just patching up my team. How I'm ranked 219 is beyond me. Wont last after this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Wells' injury, its either trade him to Riewoldt and keep Mills or trade Mills to Vince/Boyd and play Menadue over Wells until he comes back.

What do people think?

Riewoldt & Mills would definitely score more than Boyd & Menadue but I risk losing cash on Mills and then when Wells comes back im a week behind on getting to my final team

I really wouldnt be worried about Mills losing a couple k he may not even ose any against the tigers could get a nice 70-80

What do people think?

Mills be is only 56. not to much of a worry I don't think. 5 out of 7 games above this mark. if he looses cash, won't be much

Was getting Mills out of my midfield for Coniglio but now with Cameron and Barlow omitted I've had to trade for a defender and a forward. GWS have got Tim Mohr back after a long lay-off, in fact the last time he played was round 18, 2014. So he's $125K only, trading him in gives me some money and as Barlow is $499K I can afford Nick Riewoldt. Although most players will have had the experience of trading someone in who's on a good run and as soon as they get them in their team they start returning small scores.

Moved Hewett(MID/FWD) from the midfield emergency to cover for Wells.

ended up going

M. Adams > Mullett
C. Cameron > Vince

was going to trade Mills but with Cameron out keeping Mills gives me some bench cover.

Holding Wells as it seems he a decent chance to be back next week.

I thought Daniel Wells will be gone for a while but if it's just a week I'll just put Hewitt or Ellis on the field but instead my trades this week is upgrading Tom j lynch to Riewoldt since I think he has max his potential and GC not playing as well anymore and I will have to play three rookies in the middle which is the weakest part of my team and to think I'm close to being in top 1000

What do people think?

Just a corky and given we're playing Essendon, club has decided to take a no risks approach. I'd be shocked if he wasn't back the following week (v Carlton)

For me, I have Wells, Adams, McCarthy and Currie not playing. As well as De Goey, M Crouch, Fantasia and Mills playing but on the block.

Have decided to go with:
McCarthy --> MacPherson
Adams --> Trengove

Double downgrade this week after double up last week leaves me with 187k so next week will probably be 1 up, 1 down.

Last edited:
Overall ranking be damned. Just trying to win my 15,000 leagues now. Held T. Adams, will hold Rocky & Wells, and probably do the same for any premo under 2/3 weeks for the rest of the year. Never been about this life, but once you stop caring about overall ranking it's such a weight off your shoulders. I highly recommend it

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back