Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah u kind of need to see more i guess.. I have Danger Kelly and Boak and have Hoff and Heeney but have held them since the start
I'm in a position where I need to pull the trigger on one of all these mentioned this week :(

But do you want "showing enough for the price" or premo scoring. Especially with him staying until the end now??

Against popular opinion, I'm considering trading out Walsh.

Butters to Answorth,
Walsh to Fyfe

Have a feeling about Fyfe this year, just looks fit and firing......obviously risky though.

This would allow me to next week bring in Stocker for Constable, and finally get Kelly up forward, or Stewart down back if need be. Also risky thinking a week ahead, as anything could happen.

Really like Fyfe though, is relatively cheap, and Walsh is my only avenue to get him.

Other option is Butters to Answorth and Constable to Westhoff. Just can't convince myself to bring Hoff in though.

Against popular opinion, I'm considering trading out Walsh.

Butters to Answorth,
Walsh to Fyfe

Have a feeling about Fyfe this year, just looks fit and firing......obviously risky though.

This would allow me to next week bring in Stocker for Constable, and finally get Kelly up forward, or Stewart down back if need be. Also risky thinking a week ahead, as anything could happen.

Really like Fyfe though, is relatively cheap, and Walsh is my only avenue to get him.

Other option is Butters to Answorth and Constable to Westhoff. Just can't convince myself to bring Hoff in though.
Post your side, Walsh is a keeper until his bye imo, going him to Fyfe is only 10-15 points per week better, it's not a significant enough upgrade for mine as Walsh is averaging 95 and getting it 25 times a week, 70-80 is his floor, he'll ton up again sooner rather than later.

Have you been able to build a bank at all or are you trying to upgrade/downgrade every week?

Post your side, Walsh is a keeper until his bye imo, going him to Fyfe is only 10-15 points per week better, it's not a significant enough upgrade for mine as Walsh is averaging 95 and getting it 25 times a week, 70-80 is his floor, he'll ton up again sooner rather than later.

Have you been able to build a bank at all or are you trying to upgrade/downgrade every week?

Yeah, I know you are right. I like to go one down, one up each week, rather than building a bank. Only have $20,000.

Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Smith, Hore, Duursma - Lockhart, Clark
Cripps, Coniglyo, Treloar, Oliver, Brayshaw, Walsh,Ross, Hayes - Constable, Gibbons, Butters
Grundy, Gawn - Bines
Dangerfield, Boak, Daniel, Heeney, Drew, Setterfield - Parker, Balta

Trying this year to get the best possible players, rather than just filling my team with 'nearly' top players. Of course will never have everyone we want. Anyway, happy with my team, just trying to complete it as soon as I can.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Yeah, I know you are right. I like to go one down, one up each week, rather than building a bank. Only have $20,000.

Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Smith, Hore, Duursma - Lockhart, Clark
Cripps, Coniglyo, Treloar, Oliver, Brayshaw, Walsh,Ross, Hayes - Constable, Gibbons, Butters
Grundy, Gawn - Bines
Dangerfield, Boak, Daniel, Heeney, Drew, Setterfield - Parker, Balta

Trying this year to get the best possible players, rather than just filling my team with 'nearly' top players. Of course will never have everyone we want. Anyway, happy with my team, just trying to complete it as soon as I can.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Not much wiggle room I feel this week in your situation, if you want to upgrade you'll be better off cutting Constable if he doesn't play rather than Walsh, then bring in Answerth for Butters and a bargain premium forward, like Westhoff or even Kelly if you can do it.

I feel Walsh is too hefty a price at the moment to move on as he's the most reliable rookie scorer currently.

If you had surplus cash then Gibbons and Butters would be the two to move on.

Yeah you're just going to have to be patient unfortunately in getting the top end premiums in, particularly midfielders. Premium midfielders normally are a 3 trade job unfortunately, 2 downgrades to 1 upgrade. Much easier getting forwards and defenders in via the old downgrade/upgrade scenario.

Yeah, can't reach Kelly. Only through Walsh or Consyable and Duursma/Hore. Want to keep Duursma and Hore though. Westhoff my only option.....shall mull over it a bit more. Walsh is safe!
Alright

Yeah Westhoff/double downgrade is the call this week I think for you

But definitely would go Butters to Answerth as a nonnegotiable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My options...all not great. Leaning toward 3...$$ for next week crucial.

1)Constable to stocker
Butters to boak via danger
Will have to play gibbons when danger a late out and have to keep libba. $47900 left over

2) libba to hoff via drew. $130500 left. Parker to play for danger. No emergency in mids. Miss out on Boak. Keep Constable for downgrade next week

3) constable to stocker. Libba to Boak via danger. Have to play parker when danger out and gibbons on field. $223700 left to help with butters upgrade next week to $700k mid...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just one more thing

There's a lot of planning in making trades work, a lot of calculated risks in being successful in regards to having a high rank Wels Eicke

Your biggest head start for the season will be nailing your starting side, but that alone could go pear shaped, for example I nailed my starting side in EPL Dreamteam this season and lead the competition for a couple of weeks early in the season throughout September, but by December I couldn't maintain the rage and fell out of contention and for the last 4 months or so have just floated between 30-60th, a lot of planning went pear shaped and I stuck with players who performed well over the season, but started missing games due to their teams resting them for big cup finals or their fixtures were moved due to FA Cup clashes and so on, so whatever I was doing, I wasn't doing well anymore.

With making moves in this format though, you've gotta think about moves how they could affect you weeks in advance and the value of the trades you're making, so it's good that you're thinking that you only want top 6 forwards/defenders/top 8 mids in your completed side as realistically that will be the way to a higher rank and outscoring your opposition.

But to get those high end premiums, the right moves have to be made in regards to getting rid of players and we all know why.

Like getting the right rookies in to make the most cash

Sell high/buy low etc

Sometimes we will have to tank a week and double downgrade to free the funds up/let other rookies have more time to make cash

Sometimes you might have 3-4 rookies all peaking at once and you only have two trades a week to use, so you've gotta carefully decide who goes first so breaking the variables down like who has the highest breakeven/set to lose the most, who won't score the most onfield etc should come into your thinking here

DPP moves with both rookies/premiums are a very handy weapon to have when rookies are in short supply in certain positions but are everywhere elsewhere. I think it was either last year or the year before that, we barely had any midfield only rookies, so had to fill up our midfield benches with inferior DPP types in order to get by, I think in 2017 I loaded midfield with a few DPP defenders like Taylor Adams as defence had the best rookies at the time like Otten and Hampton, but last year there were no mid rookies so yuck FWD/MID types like Crowden were filling my mid bench up. This year there's been heaps of midfield rookies pop up, but at times it's been slim pickings both down back and up forward, so taking an Answerth type this week for me will be crucial as I can swing him down back when I trade a defender out then I can choose whatever line I want to upgrade/downgrade on as I'll have DPP options to swing players elsewhere

Bye planning is another, I think it's best to be deep with players from the last bye week, then you can make up to 9 trades throughout the byes fixing whatever problems you might have with that particular bye week (or others) Smith and Walsh fit the bill here for me with their round 14 byes

Then trading itself, is said trade you're making this week going to eat your whole bank up and you then won't have enough cash the following week to get your preferred premium in because your rookies you're getting rid of the next week aren't fat enough and so on? Sometimes it's best to go the cheaper option straight up as it'll give you more cash to use the following week and thus more upgrade options. Any downgrade/upgrade scenario that nets you extra cash is a decent trade I think.

Anyways, just a few things and an example of how I think when making trades

My options...all not great. Leaning toward 3...$$ for next week crucial.

1)Constable to stocker
Butters to boak via danger
Will have to play gibbons when danger a late out and have to keep libba. $47900 left over

2) libba to hoff via drew. $130500 left. Parker to play for danger. No emergency in mids. Miss out on Boak. Keep Constable for downgrade next week

3) constable to stocker. Libba to Boak via danger. Have to play parker when danger out and gibbons on field. $223700 left to help with butters upgrade next week to $700k mid...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Post your team Brad, shouldn't be too hard to work out

Libba has never had 2 games in a row with 1 tackle or less consecutively......something to note.
Inconsistent scores are the killer with him now, he's been a total liability the last two weeks

It's basically move him on now to a decent premium or you hold him through this rough spell which will mean he'll bottom out just before his bye then might have small gains throughout the byes, but what is he then? M9? I think Walsh has him covered for M9 right now. Libba lost like 50k this week, he'll lose about that this week too I'd imagine. He's made over 140k, it's something and I'm cashing in (was nearly 200k last week)

I didn't want to trade him last week, thought it was a one off, but now I'm 100% certain I do, 39s are unacceptable when you're not injured or not getting a hard tag. If he scored like 60/70 but still had decent numbers in some areas I wouldn't of batted an eyelid, but 14 touches and nothing in the mark/tackle columns just ain't good enough.

I'm keeping him in Supercoach though, his 57/39 in DT were like 75/58 in SC so he's clearly a better Supercoacher though.

Trade Libba and Butters

Take the hit on Parker this week and bring in Corbett and swing Setters to the mids bench where Butters was

Upgrade Libba to a premium mid or premium forward like Boak

Wait another week on Stocker, he's only played one game and shown nothing, Ham might be the better option even next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back