Preview Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 14th May, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Cats

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok Owen obviously went well, but what were Christ's stats? Maybe we should have played Christ against the Demons?
Christ hasn't played all year, after repeatedly giving away 50's he's been suspended for continued breaches of the umpiring dissent rule. It's a shame, we need him in the side. He's very popular (could even say his fans follow him religiously) for the way he gets up in the clouds most weeks and even when he's been down he keeps rising and rising again. And for a 33 year old, that's pretty impressive.

I'm normally a Saints pessimist after years of watching the same shite unfold. But strangely I'm confident this week. Got a feeling it will be a case of ships that pass in the night with us and the Cats. Both teams headed in opposite directions.

A slow start last week after the slogfest the week before in Cairns didn't surprise me. I just think this week is a real watershed game for us that will define the rest of our season.

Just got a gut feeling we'll stand up this week and have a good win. I hope so cos I f'n hate the Cats.

Long trained with the forwards and Hill with the defenders, so I presume thats where they will start.

The 4 talls looked poor against Richmond for the majority of the game so we will need to hope King goes nuts again to make up for it.
Sharman is a very different player to Hayes. Hayes was effective but moves like a big ruckman, Sharman is more svelt similar to Fritsch.

The forward pressure has to be a 6 man effort, we can't rely on the likes of Butler or Long doing all the chasing. King, Higgins Membrey and Gresham have to lift their defensive efforts immeasurably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ hasn't played all year, after repeatedly giving away 50's he's been suspended for continued breaches of the umpiring dissent rule. It's a shame, we need him in the side. He's very popular (could even say his fans follow him religiously) for the way he gets up in the clouds most weeks and even when he's been down he keeps rising and rising again. And for a 33 year old, that's pretty impressive.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

I thought he was no good in either. He was okay up the ground because he touched the ball but when he got near the forward line he f’ed up everything he touched when he's meant to be a leader. If you best forward kicks 1.2 it's no wonder we sucked. He played as a running high half forward from what I could tell but he wasn't delivering inside 50 well and he was scoring. He might have been the best of a bunch of shit but that's hardly an achievement.
So his problem is is the other forwards. Now that is an interesting thing.

But they have that luxury because they have a very good midfield that usually wins the ball first and allows the defence to setup properly.
Yep and that is exactly why we can’t have the time to hit players on the lead. If we played Sandringham we would hit me on a lead. I would end up with concussion because I couldn’t mark it but that’s another issue.

So his problem is is the other forwards. Now that is an interesting thing.

His problem is that he's been ordinary for weeks when we need him to stand up.

I feel pretty confident this week. Have to make sure Tom Stewart is made accountable. If we’re predictable going forward he’ll have a field day
Unfortunately we worried to much about lever and may last week. I think with less pressure from our forwards this week we have little option but to go deep and keep a forward or two deep.

He was clearly our best forward last week.

Clearly if you have low standards. He wasn't staying forward like King or Snags so could run around getting touches but as an actual forward he looked like one of Josh Bruce's bad days. He literally ****ed up an unmissable set shot that would have changed the match and did some really shit kicks inside 50 that got chopped off.

Clearly if you have low standards. He wasn't staying forward like King or Snags so could run around getting touches but as an actual forward he looked like one of Josh Bruce's bad days. He literally f’ed up an unmissable set shot that would have changed the match and did some really shit kicks inside 50 that got chopped off.
That miss at the end of 1st quarter FFS

Clearly if you have low standards. He wasn't staying forward like King or Snags so could run around getting touches but as an actual forward he looked like one of Josh Bruce's bad days. He literally f’ed up an unmissable set shot that would have changed the match and did some really shit kicks inside 50 that got chopped off.
Yes I know he stuffed up an unmissable shot. I was there. That doesn’t mean he clearly want our best forward. I hope you were there to see how his kicks were chopped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back