Preview Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 14th May, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Cats

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Butler (inj), NWM, Windhager
In: Billings, Clark, Byrnes.

That's three out for three players in similar positions. Need to get Clark and Billings firing regularly if we're going anywhere this season

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

7th* and Carlton into the top 4 🤮🤮🤮

Lose to the Cats and Richmond should knock us out of the 8 (playing the Hawks) and if Pies beat Dogs they could sit even on points.

Yeah pretty shit.

But that’s what happens when you drop a game to port and then verse the best team in the comp on their home ground which they’ve lived at in recent history whilst we’ve been around the country and all the teams around you get percentage boosters against the likes of North, WCE and Adelaide in the same round. Only positive was Swans losing to Gold Coast.

We are truly capable of being top 4 and will have learnt a lot from this game. We’ll need some tweaking and as Ratts as said we’re still building, but we are without a doubt capable. That being said, I don’t we get any higher then 4th (maybe third if Freo tire) and even then we’ll need to win against Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane and Freo again. It must be said though, that we have beaten all those teams in our last match ups with them except for Geelong.

Which is why it’s perfect we get to host them next week and re-stake our claim. Beating Geelong is arguably the best antidote for our last two losses, nothing gets Saints fans more rowdy I’d say.

Up the sainters

We've won something like one of the last 16 against these campaigners and I'm ******* sick of it

Hate this club to the ******* bone for all their umpire favoritism, league favoritism, media fellating Selwood and just generally being a pack of frontrunning campaigners.

If we're gonna win a game this year please please make it this one

Yeah agreed, I guess I'd slightly prefer us to make finals than win this (if that was the choice) - but only just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might try and watch into the second quarter this time, lets see how it goes. Felt unbelievable to give turning it off early a try, I think I'm hooked.
You could watch the whole game. A bit of it live and a bit of it at the bar at the ground when we start losing.

Our defence is too short. I think one of JWeb or Pato needs to go and bring in Tommy H. At this point probably Jimmy. Ratts was talking up Lienert so he might get the nod unfortunately.

Out:
JWeb
NWM
Butler

Ins:
Billings
Highmore/Lienert
Sharman

If Jones goes I’d give Owens another crack.
Clark stays at Sandy for another week

I think Lienert has to come back in.

He hasn’t put a foot wrong since he arrived at the club and I think his traits suit our gameplan to a tee. Not to mention he’ll always take the game on and take that risky kick when needed.
Reckon unfortunately Jweb is the one to go out for Lienert, as Pato is better suited to Stengle.

Not sold on Billings coming in just yet but I guess he could come in for Butler.

Think we need to move Longy forward for some forward defensive pressure and bring Highmore in to replace his role down back.

Would love Clark’s class but would like to see him have 1 more week at VFL as I don’t like having too many changes, especially if were bringing Billings in.

In: Lienert, Billings, Highmore
Out: Webster, Butler, Wood

One outside of the box agree on Lienert, he is versatile play him on Stewart as a stopper & goal kicker he's a booming kick is dangerous once marked in forward 50, i think will play the role to perfection.

Clark's fitness shouldn't be too much of an issue. He would have been able to do a lot of running over the last month or so

Both he and Billings in for me

Don't mind the idea of Highmore in for one of Paton or Webster
If Sinclaire plays mid both Paton & Webster need to play otherwise to tall with Highmore, i DON'T want to see Hill there at all to much of a liabilty can not defend.

After a hard slog in the wet at Cairns and a demoralising defeat by the Dees, against a bigger Geelong, might be time to reward a few players from Sandringham with a game & rest a few.
With the way footy is evolving maybe it’s time to reinvent the wheel game.
Max King interchanging with Cooper Sharman off the bench approx. 50% TOG, Brad Crouch & Jack Steele changing at HFF, Sinclair & Jones interchanging, with Gresham changing with Higgins & Wood.
Emergencies, Leo Connolly (show he’s close) Patton, Long & McKenzie unlucky.
Butler- Injured, NWM- Rested
Also with their two pronged attack, I have recalled Darragh Joyce

31E19266-EFB3-4B20-8989-59355FAE0548.jpeg

**** There you go guys pick the bones out of that.
P.S. If I missed someone, stiff, they can have a gallop in the two’s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back