Game Day Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do It Reaction GIF

WOW, what a huge game coming up.

Was there when we last beat Geelong and was probably one of the best games I have seen in 10 years.

We have our best side in, our coach is now experienced with his team and strategy.

Will be watching with a Pinot Noir... we can do this!!!!!

have Geelong slight favourites but certainly beatable. Our forwards have to pressure more than the last 2 games but in their defence we got it in way to slowly last week. We have to worry about Stewart’s intercept marking but not like last week where we worried to much. If he takes a few so be it. Get it in deep. None of these shallow entries. Not sure who takes Cameron. Great runner but not hugely strong. I’d go with wilkie. Leave Howard for Hawkins but must play off him. Mids well they look pretty even. Both sides a little slow in that area. Danger worries me forward. Doubt he plays much midfield time. Maybe webster.

Last year it was Guthrie that did the damage. Our midfield needs to step up today, hoping for a rejuvenated Jones, big games from Steele Crouch Sinclair and the rucks. Win in the middle and I think we win the game.

We beat them every 6 years. 2010 and 2016 were the last two times.

We’re due baby, yeah!

Season 2 Win GIF by Outlander

We are running out of excuses this time. We have hardly any injuries, we have a much better side than we've had for 10 years and Geelong's list is starting to look old and a bit worn. We need to come out firing, last week pretty much looked like the Dog v Pies match last night. We shat the bed early then it stabilised when we played our game. We literally have one of the architects of their game plan too. If we can't win today we have psychological issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year it was Guthrie that did the damage. Our midfield needs to step up today, hoping for a rejuvenated Jones, big games from Steele Crouch Sinclair and the rucks. Win in the middle and I think we win the game.

Menagola tore us apart last year. We have Crouch and Ross back playing well which should help.

Love the motivational theme here.

Beaten them once in 12 years. ONCE FFS!! Enough's enough, smack Geelong!

May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars
What the ****??

Are u serious??!!

Wow
That stats crept up like an old pair of undies

Damn!
Need to smash this nursing home side today

Agree with Lew in the other thread....line in the sand today, must win

We are running out of excuses this time. We have hardly any injuries, we have a much better side than we've had for 10 years and Geelong's list is starting to look old and a bit worn. We need to come out firing, last week pretty much looked like the Dog v Pies match last night. We shat the bed early then it stabilised when we played our game. We literally have one of the architects of their game plan too. If we can't win today we have psychological issues.
I think most unbiased people would say their list is still better than ours so I’d struggle to think it’s psychological. Maybe just better.

I think most unbiased people would say their list is still better than ours so I’d struggle to think it’s psychological. Maybe just better.

I don't, their forward set up is elite but their midfield is ordinary and probably below ours. Rucks, ours are better. Stewart is a gun and Blicsavs but they rest of defence plays a very solid zone and nothing special....kind of like ours. Battle in 2022 isn't that far off Stewart to be honest.

Our injury list hasn't been this small for years and we have nearly our best side in. Danger and Selwood are shells of what they were and Menagola is still missing. They really have to hope Guthrie and Duncan can carry them or that Danger and Selwood turn back the clock.

my hatred for Geelong knows no bounds

If the Geelong football club could somehow magically manifest into the form of something adorable.... like a tiny kitten... I'd pick that kitten up and throw it into the shark tank at the aquarium. Then I'd quickly run down to the viewing glass and giggle my motherf$#kin head off as i watched it frantically swim around before a shark ate it

so yeah... I hope we kick straight

I don't, their forward set up is elite but their midfield is ordinary and probably below ours. Rucks, ours are better. Stewart is a gun and Blicsavs but they rest of defence plays a very solid zone and nothing special....kind of like ours. Battle in 2022 isn't that far off Stewart to be honest.

Our injury list hasn't been this small for years and we have nearly our best side in. Danger and Selwood are shells of what they were and Menagola is still missing. They really have to hope Guthrie and Duncan can carry them or that Danger and Selwood turn back the clock.
Yet most actually all unbiased media had them well above us on the ladder at the start of the year and results this year suggest they are at least level of not better than us. I wouldn’t be blaming the brain if we lost. I’d be blaming the list.

Sure you don’t mean Duncan. Menagola was just ok.

He killed us in one recent game. Maybe it was the year before.

Actually just checked. He had 35 disposals, 132 AF points (most of any player) 1.1 and 9 marks. Guthrie had 36 but less AF score. 14 August 2021.

my hatred for Geelong knows no bounds

If the Geelong football club could somehow magically manifest into the form of something adorable.... like a tiny kitten... I'd pick that kitten up and throw it into the shark tank at the aquarium. Then I'd quickly run down to the viewing glass and giggle my motherf$#kin head off as i watched it frantically swim around before a shark ate it

so yeah... I hope we kick straight

TBH, the 2009 Grand Final means that I will never forgive them.

A disgrace of a club.

He killed us in one recent game. Maybe it was the year before.

Actually just checked. He had 35 disposals, 132 AF points (most of any player) 1.1 and 9 marks. Guthrie had 36 but less AF score. 14 August 2021.
Yep you are right. Thought we only played them once last year. So they beat us twice less than a year ago.

Yet most actually all unbiased media had them well above us on the ladder at the start of the year and results this year suggest they are at least level of not better than us. I wouldn’t be blaming the brain if we lost. I’d be blaming the list.

At some point we have to start winning games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back