Game Day Round 9, 2023 : Hawks v Demons, 4.35pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d be scared if I was Melbourne.
The hungry for victory HawKs are here to show that should old acquaintance be forgot, upsets can and will happen.
Hawks by 6pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 solid quarters and minimal dump kicks for May, Gawn, Lever and Grundy to intercept.

Might find we break the competition record for handballs tonight.

Yep every time we play the Demons Gawn takes more marks from Hawk kicks than Demon kicks.

50m penalties will be our only chance to kick goals.

May on Lewis and Lever loitering... if Lewis can kick 2 it could be his best performance ever.

I struggle to see us scoring much with our forward line against their defence. Need Lewis to play a blinder.

Anything under 50 points would be a decent effort given the respective sides.

On a micro level I am keen to see how we go at the stoppages against what I regard as the best midfield group in the game. We have performed really well in that part of the game this year so the challenge will be interesting. Defending against their midfield group is the other part of the coin. If our guys aren’t accountable and don’t work hard enough defensively, Gawn and Petracca in particular could destroy us

Was heading in for this but illness has hit so will be lying on the couch watching.

We will struggle to score so will be interesting to see what the plan going into the forwardline is . Can we put May/Lever under some pressure ?

• can we put forward pressure on
  • can our you mids go toe to toe with the best in the comp
  • can we defend across the field after being poor last week

Not focussed on the scoreboard , if we can tick those boxes its a very good step in the right direction and we will be competitive .

No chance we win today, I could see this being a 65+ point belting. Not sure how we are gonna score on their defence and our defence is in shambles. Our midfield has been so good this year but today against the best mid in the comp, not sure how it’s gonna go.

Dees have port away next week. I expect them to destroy us for 3 quarters, then put the cue in the rack in the last and rest some legs.

I can see us kicking 4 goals in 3 quarters the 4 in the last.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Dees have port away next week. I expect them to destroy us for 3 quarters, then put the cue in the rack in the last and rest some legs.

I can see us kicking 4 goals in 3 quarters the 4 in the last.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
Makes complete sense.

My wish is for us to restrict them to under 90 points for the game and for us to be smarter with our ball use going inside 50.

If we end up the wrong side of a 85 - 55 score line that’d be a real positive IMHO

We will be a lot more competitive today. Not fussed if Reeves is out. Hate playing 2 ruckman who can’t play elsewhere on the field. Meek thrived as no.1 ruck last week just as Reeves did when Meek was out. Need a significant lift (especially defensively) from our small forward brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back