Game Day Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have no idea how to use the Sub. Ramsden starts as sub which is a weird choice when you lost a definite starting 18 player and replaced him like for like. Then we sub Serong off and send Gunston to play his role instead of just subbing off Gunston? Bizarre.

Third quarter was probably the least interesting quarter of football I've witnessed. Just felt like I was watching someone play a video game with the difficulty level turned down to 'braindead easy'. We didn't apply pressure, we ball watched, we didn't really tackle, we fumbled constantly and we just followed the ball from one end to the other without any pressure or roadblock.

Can we just see some heart in the final term. We know we can play better than this, but we seem to really struggle once we concede a few quick goals.

Dreadful effort this quarter. Not sure this is a coaching thing, the absolute lack of pressure and intensity has been embarrassing. Sydney just playin. keepings off whilst we struggle to be within 5 metres of an opponent
You can’t coach game day workrate. Too many don’t seem to want to do the work both ways. Geez they look amazing when they have the momentum, but when things are going bad it’s on-field leadership that has to take control. That sort of leadership is currently non-existent. A proper half back general is sorely needed, or the sort of leader who throws it all in when the chips are down. I do believe it and he WILL come though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have some midfield talent that can potentially get better but in terms of KPP we are bereft and have zero talent coming through/developing.

These are the same days as when I’d be at Waverley hanging my hopes on the likes of Shayne Stevenson to win us a game.

Struggling to lock down space and can’t make space going the other way.

What’s more frustrating is when we do make that space our players will rarely give it to the free man instead they take a worse option constantly.

Hit those free players and it forces the opposition to have to press up tighter, allowing more space. Also brings players into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back