Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Boyd number 4? Come on man as if Melbourne or St Kilda would even let that guy get out of the top 3, let alone GWS not picking him number 1 over all is just insane

Unsure on st kilda and gws but melbourne need midfield not forwards got hogan last year plus clarke dawes and a few of the kids like gawn and fitzpatrick why would they want boyd?

Thoughts on Acres with our first rounder? Won't be around at our second. Chris25 has us taking him at #8.

A reach based on his injury problems this year, but has a lot of talent and would slot right into our best 22 if fit IMO.

Slightly off topic, but do Adelaide own a first round pick this year?

No first or second round picks. It's also worth noting that North are almost certain to take a F/S so doesn't really matter whether we pick before or after them. The only other team that can realistically get ahead of us is Brisbane so we will either have the 7th or 8th pick most likely.

No first or second round picks. It's also worth noting that North are almost certain to take a F/S so doesn't really matter whether we pick before or after them. The only other team that can realistically get ahead of us is Brisbane so we will either have the 7th or 8th pick most likely.

i'm weary that Brisbane may well go for Sheed.. nooo!

Getting sheed or not is not the end of the world.
If brisbane beat doggies and we lose our last two games we will be 6th or 7th and get pick 6 regardless.

Thoughts on Acres with our first rounder? Won't be around at our second. Chris25 has us taking him at #8.

Acres is a very nice player but i'm not sure he is exactly what we need. Having said that, if we pass over him, he has the potential to do a Fyfe and turn out to be one of the best players from the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Boyd number 4? Come on man as if Melbourne or St Kilda would even let that guy get out of the top 3, let alone GWS not picking him number 1 over all is just insane

Haha yeh they do explain it pretty well though. I don't necessarily agree with the phantom draft but at least it's rationalised/written well, unlike some footy websites

Geez our first rounder is looking better and better each round!

I was happy to trade it for Conca 4 weeks ago but now...

I just want a hard working speedy ball winner with a decent kick who is a GENUINE midfielder. Not a flanker who will spend time through the middle, a genuine midfielder.

Bontempelli only had 2 tackles in his 4 u18 games . Kelly had 17 tackles and 12 I50`S

Bontempelli was playing more school footy earlier in the season, in the back end of season he has been playing with Northern and has been in the best every week.
If you want someone to compare his season to, think Nathan Fyfe his championships was average but the back end of his wafl colts season was exceptional kept on getting better and better.
Bomtempelli has similar excitement levels like Fyfe does.
There are always bolters who turn out stars Stephen Hill for example.
I always rate player that get better after the championships and show great form in colts final series, it tends to give a accurate assessment of
how there form will translate to the next level.
Cripps is another who's form has been better since the championships as well.

Like the first round pick of Dunstan, I don't know enough about Maginness to comment but if Dumont is available I'd be keen on him. Cutler wouldn't be a bad pick, a HBF in the mould of Andrew Mackie/ Nick Maxwell. Wouldn't make a KPD out of him

The first round of players I'm in agreeance with but positional order would change. I agree with the top 2 but highly doubt St. Kilda would select Sheed over Boyd at pick 3 and Salem could go anywhere between 9 and 18

Surprised to see Marsh not selected before 45 either

Like the first round pick of Dunstan, I don't know enough about Maginness to comment but if Dumont is available I'd be keen on him. Cutler wouldn't be a bad pick, a HBF in the mould of Andrew Mackie/ Nick Maxwell. Wouldn't make a KPD out of him

The first round of players I'm in agreeance with but positional order would change. I agree with the top 2 but highly doubt St. Kilda would select Sheed over Boyd at pick 3 and Salem could go anywhere between 9 and 18

Surprised to see Marsh not selected before 45 either

Very Weird On Marsh.
I have news the Bulldogs are very keen on him and may pull the trigger on him for there first pick.
That would throw a lot of peoples drafts out.

Really rate all of marsh's attributes except for one very important point. Doesn't read the play well and has the tendency to act before he thinks (with varying views on whether or not he chooses the right option often enough). If you can teach that you have a star, if you cant then its a bust. Would take him with an early second rounder but too much risk for an early to mid first imo.

Bontempelli was playing more school footy earlier in the season, in the back end of season he has been playing with Northern and has been in the best every week.
If you want someone to compare his season to, think Nathan Fyfe his championships was average but the back end of his wafl colts season was exceptional kept on getting better and better.
Bomtempelli has similar excitement levels like Fyfe does.
There are always bolters who turn out stars Stephen Hill for example.
I always rate player that get better after the championships and show great form in colts final series, it tends to give a accurate assessment of
how there form will translate to the next level.
Cripps is another who's form has been better since the championships as well.

RE ,thanks for the explanation and no doubt wce will pick up a good player this yr if they stick to displayed form rather than potential.

Really rate all of marsh's attributes except for one very important point. Doesn't read the play well and has the tendency to act before he thinks (with varying views on whether or not he chooses the right option often enough). If you can teach that you have a star, if you cant then its a bust. Would take him with an early second rounder but too much risk for an early to mid first imo.

He lacks composure but for someone as quick and as raw as him that's no surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back