Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard the exact same about Fraser Brown from an older guy that took me under his wing for some work experience when I was in my last year of university. Hated him with a passion.

My mate who's the most friendly guy around punched on with Brian lake outside a Melbourne nightclub a few years back. Lake also has a bad reputation, he reckons lake just came up to his mate and slapped a sausage roll outta his hand for no reason outside the nightclub. They ended up rolling around on the ground fighting on the road in Queen st till security broke it up.
I can only guess Lake was rolling around on the ground for the sausage roll?

Sam Lloyd (ex Tiger and Bulldog) deserves a mention. Would have a kick of the footy with the local kids and seemed more of a friendly approachable uncle than a footy player. Only heard good things.

Only heard good things about David Rodan too. Even after becoming an umpire.
Was working at the new Lara prison, David Rodan was working for a labour hire mob, got chatting with him , absolute champion of a person
Genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met .

Was working at the new Lara prison, David Rodan was working for a labour hire mob, got chatting with him , absolute champion of a person
Genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met .
He was doing traffic warden work around the Arts Centre a few months back.

No reason to talk to him but he just stood there with his stop/go sign and this almighty smile on his bonce like he was having the best day of his life.

He is like a human Labrador.

Always happy.

My mother used to work at a hotel in Southbank back in the day. She said that Robert Walls stayed one night and was a real arse. His (now late) wife was apparently lovely.
Was doing some work on apartment blocks across the road from Robert walls house,
Someone walked past his house walking the dog
The dog had a crap on the nature strip, Walls came out of his house and blasted the person for not cleaning up after the dog
Walls had a real Karen vibe about him

Was doing some work on apartment blocks across the road from Robert walls house,
The dog had a crap on the nature strip, Walls came out of his house and blasted the person for not cleaning up after the dog

Yeah nah that really pisses me off too. Good on him for that.

Walls has gone up in my estimations after that.

Kane Cornes is a legend of a bloke. So nice whenever I see him and has a great family too!

Watch out for 18yo Eddy Cornes on SEN and in the footy media. He is the next big thing !!

dude you are weird

Met as few Essendon players, Shiel stood out the most, really nice guy, happy to have a chat, was pretty candid. Liked Durham too, was a mad Hawks fan growing up.

Brad Hill is also a good bloke, very down to earth.

Gonna have to side with Wallsy on this one.

Just pick up the f**ken turd mate. FFS

Thought this story was going to conclude with Walls demanding the dog walker give his pooch a run in the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rudest: Nathan Brown. Unironically uses the phrase “Do you know who I am?”

Nicest: Dyson Heppell.

His kids go (or went ) to one of the local primary schools . He was picking them up one day & a group of kids gather round saying "do the flip ! Do the flip!."

So he bent his head back and did a 360 backflip & landed on his feet. To general delight.

Then ex Hawthorn player Carl Peterson's son, who was in attendance, executed the same move perfectly.

I was most impressed.

I've been banned from any more school pick-ups

Mostly because I don't have any kids

Clayton Oliver- well let's just say he loves a night out the big fella

Despite his reputation Zorko is a really nice bloke.

Genuine as they come. Was in a checkout line behind him and his partner at KMart and he heard me whisper to my son (about 7 at the time) “look, it’s Dayne Zorko”.

Zorks turned around and sparked up a conversation, crouched down at eye level with my son, talked to him excitedly about whatever plastic generic toy my son was holding ready to buy.

Awesome little interaction.

Made me feel really guilty that I’ve actually been blocked by Zorko on Twitter for years now after teeing-off at him for going on the radio during our bottom-of-the-ladder period and saying we didn’t need or want a priority pick.

Rudest: Nathan Brown. Unironically uses the phrase “Do you know who I am?”
A Richmond board member told me about a time he left kids in tears at a family day at the club and they had to send Richo in to save the day.

Apparently no one was that sad when he left the Dogs.

Genuine as they come. Was in a checkout line behind him and his partner at KMart and he heard me whisper to my son (about 7 at the time) “look, it’s Dayne Zorko”.

Zorks turned around and sparked up a conversation, crouched down at eye level with my son, talked to him excitedly about whatever plastic generic toy my son was holding ready to buy.

Awesome little interaction.

Made me feel really guilty that I’ve actually been blocked by Zorko on Twitter for years now after teeing-off at him for going on the radio during our bottom-of-the-ladder period and saying we didn’t need or want a priority pick.

Slobbo blocked me about 5 rounds in to 2012. He used to put out suggestions for his Likes / Dislikes column on Sunday nights for Mondays paper.

Well, being a Giants fan & we weren’t getting too much positive media (due to getting flogged every week) I would say little things “I liked Phil Davis game keeping blah blah blah” or “I liked Callan Ward’s blah blah blah”

Never expected him to print any of my suggestions but I just wanted to highlight something good we were doing that was glossed over by everyone in the media.

And he blocked me. For that. So innocuous.

So strange.

Slobbo blocked me about 5 rounds in to 2012. He used to put out suggestions for his Likes / Dislikes column on Sunday nights for Mondays paper.

Well, being a Giants fan & we weren’t getting too much positive media (due to getting flogged every week) I would say little things “I liked Phil Davis game keeping blah blah blah” or “I liked Callan Ward’s blah blah blah”

Never expected him to print any of my suggestions but I just wanted to highlight something good we were doing that was glossed over by everyone in the media.

And he blocked me. For that. So innocuous.

So strange.
Slobby has probably blocked 50,000 people. Can't take any of it.

Love when some prick got into him at the pub

I saw Kane Cornes in a grocery store yesterday.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a pain and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a pain and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Amen. That right there is a horrible human. Who doesnt pay for their Milky Ways !!!? What a prick.

dave chappelle drugs GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back