Rumours that Doc Reid has called it a day (Doc Larkins)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gives a ****.

Instead of blowing the whistle he wrote a letter to a pack of shitbirds.

Be a man, step up and take care of business.

But remember the Ziggy report talked of him being marginalised, and brushed aside for the 'new', 'modern', sport scientists and biochemists. Reid may have been cut out completely, and there wasn't a lot he couldn't do.

We will at least find out his side of the story soon, from the two sides the media should be able to piece together a realistic timeframe and occurrence of events from which you can make judgement on the likes of Reid.

But remember the Ziggy report talked of him being marginalised, and brushed aside for the 'new', 'modern', sport scientists and biochemists. Reid may have been cut out completely, and there wasn't a lot he couldn't do.

His letter was perfectly practical and in keeping with his spotless reputation. So how did he later come to specifically approve treatment with AOD, without clearance from ASADA, and without having sighted the mythical Dank letter? What were the contents of his (presumed) follow-up discussions with Hird and Robson? How was he placated? How did he not notice further dubious treatments during the next seven months? Did not a single listed player seek to discuss the treatments with him?

He started there a year after Sheedy. He's been there forever. Wouldn't have surprised me if he called it a day this year supplements saga or no saga. He's not a young bloke. Been a magnificent servant of the club.

He started there a year after Sheedy. He's been there forever. Wouldn't have surprised me if he called it a day this year supplements saga or no saga. He's not a young bloke. Been a magnificent servant of the club.

Would surprise me

Loves his job, very emotive about last few months.

I reckon you wouldn't of planned an exit when the team was on the cusp, things certainly spiralled from there and may of changed his mind.

Maybe. But still, the bloke's been there since Dick Reynolds played. If anyone's entitled to call it a day, it's him.

Impossible to deny he's both long in the tooth and that any potential retirement ties in with the Supplements scandal.

One individual who has carried himself quietly, with dignity and a modicum of self-respect & sensitivity throughout this debacle. Has earned the right to exit this scandal quietly should he wish to. Wouldn't surprise me if he's been pushed throughout the 'peace talks' that have gone on over the past couple of days though.

Bar the masterminds of this disaster (Hird/Corcoran) Reid is the most at fault !!
Supposedly a proffessional , he knew (his letter) what was happening and did nothing to halt it .
Truth is , like almost everyone at Essendon , Reid was under Hird's spell ...
Just another fanboy in the end and deserves to be held to account !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying he's a bad bloke, etc., but sending a letter and then not appearing to follow it up or do anything besides that isn't much of an effort to stop what was going on.

Gotta agree with this....for all the heat Hird is getting, his instructions to the staff were loud and clear - must be legal, must be safe. As much as I respect Reid, his was an epic fail. As the club doctor to do no more than register frustration via a letter simply surprises me. I am afraid the whole messy affair went straight over his head. He really needed to do more if he was alarmed by the program. A lovely guy and probably didn't need this in his twilight years

Just out of interest, who do you guys think is the bigger culprit

Hird for his naivety and ego or Dank for his scheming and irresponsibility

(apologies if this is a little off topic)

Just out of interest, who do you guys think is the bigger culprit

Hird for his naivety and ego or Dank for his scheming and irresponsibility

(apologies if this is a little off topic)

They both enabled each other.

Dank's probably the worst though the only naivety Hird had was thinking that the club would get away with it.

Strikes me he is the least tarnished out of this whole mess. Hope he doesn't come out of it all too badly

In some ways he's the worst

Knew the problems, understood the ramifications & implications, warned people and then went along with everyone else

Surely he has higher duty of care as the only one who really understood, and instead of standing up for the players, he folded.

i wonder if he shouldn't be struck off

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours that Doc Reid has called it a day (Doc Larkins)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back