Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewie-Rupert-stewies-teddy-rupert-37223617-245-206.jpg

EDIT: Dammit beaten!

It's not like the club to not tell us about injuries when they happen.

Also how much better is it when Tapping does the comments. I hope they go back to that this year.

Sarcasm, surely? ;):D

They actually used to list the VFL player injuries, but they stopped doing it this year. I remember about the time of that Brisbane game, the one where damn near everyone went down with something, the VFL injury list was almost as hideous as the AFL one. We went into that final at Vic Park playing kids from the VFL Development List who had never worn the jumper before...:oops:

And yes, Tapping's comments are the best. Hope they go back to using him for those reports.

Correct me if I'm way off but he reminds me of a David Mundy type of player sweeping around the backline doing small hit up kicks towards the midfield.

Last edited:
Its nice to see one of our VFL boys get rewarded for their hard work. But out of all our VFL players he isn't the one I would have picked to be listed. I certainly remember being impressed by him but I don't remember seeing anything that made me think that he was going to get drafted.

Well done Rupert. I'm not sure if I should be welcoming you to the club or congratulating you on the promotion :p

Its nice to see one of our VFL boys get rewarded for their hard work. But out of all our VFL players he isn't the one I would have picked to be listed. I certainly remember being impressed by him but I don't remember seeing anything that made me think that he was going to get drafted.

Well done Rupert. I'm not sure if I should be welcoming you to the club or congratulating you on the promotion :p

Hine must think he has Real Upside.

I had a few as well ahead of being Drafted

It has certainly been a theme of this draft that we targeted some big bodied midfield types. Sier and Wills both over 190. Crocker also with some size. Phillips is the smallest but has an AFL frame about him.
About time. Guessing we have learnt a leason from getting guys like Kennedy.

Does seem to be some similarities between him and Sier at first glance - both good sizes and quite powerful with the ability to break tackles and strong at the contest.

Hopefully a late bloomer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the!

I'm surprised we had him ahead of Crocker.

Interesting...
Boom! It's like Abbott all over again.

In other news, the player will be shit. With a name like his, he should have been a French horn player.
On ya Boris you keyboard worrier. No need to be jealous when the most you've ever achieved is a mixed netball premiership

Handsome devil.

Type of guy you want dating your daughter. Type of guy who you couldn't get mad at if he got your sister or girlfriend pregnant. You'd just kinda scruff his hair and say 'Oh Rupe! Try and not do the same with my other sister, you cheeky monkey!'

All the best buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back