Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really remember seeing him in the VFL, but think I may have caught a couple of his VFL games, against North Ballarat where it was way too wet for anyone to standout and against Footscray where a 2:1 handball:kick ratio suggests he got most of his touches on the inside.
You weren't the only one;)

I was talking about the fact that TradeDraft was beaten to the punch on the welcome thread, "by that much". If you'd read my other posts in this thread you would know I have high hopes for this kid.

As you are a regular on this board, you should also know that I am Abbott's biggest fan on here - sorry popin , but I love him more!

You might also have noticed that I am one of the posters on this board who is least likely to insult our players. I'd like to think I'm pretty objective.

There are some angry dudes around these parts these days!
You're right I had noticed that you are not liable to insult our players, I thought it was out of character. I'm sorry I am just still upset about Abbott being delisted :(

I think we can both hope that Rupert is the new Abbott in that he has an excellent first season and projects to be a great player!

I didn't like this selection on draft night, but the Bombers interest in Keeffe helps clarify things for me.

WTF???

Essendon trying to recruit a player who was actually busted with PEDs?

Are they trolling themselves? :rolleyes:

Arm in arm hand in hand We all stand together!!!!! Imagine the goose bumps singing that one line before the players ran out.
Wow great posts with jmac
You both agreeing with other in unison

Love it :D

Better people than me know about mr wills.
Good luck to him, my only real question was why didn't Crocker get drafted before Wills. I'm not sure he would have been picked up by another team.
No drama, was just wondering that's all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better people than me know about mr wills.
Good luck to him, my only real question was why didn't Crocker get drafted before Wills. I'm not sure he would have been picked up by another team.
No drama, was just wondering that's all

Hine had Wills higher on his list then Crocker

I didn't like this selection on draft night, but the Bombers interest in Keeffe helps clarify things for me. My best guess is that Wills may end up on a HBF as cover for Shaz because I have my doubts on Toovey and Oxley remaining post 2016.
I might just be sleep deprived, but I don't see the connection between us picking Wills and the Bombers being interested in Keeffe?

Wills is a midfielder, no?

I might just be sleep deprived, but I don't see the connection between us picking Wills and the Bombers being interested in Keeffe?

Wills is a midfielder, no?

Availability.

If we leave Wills for the RD Keeffe is off the board for our second pick because the word was Essendon planned to swoop.

IMO, one of Wills and Crocker will be on the rookie list this time next year regardless of performance.

413282.jpg
413271.jpg

Second on my all time favourite list.

Great memories.
What I liked about Rupe was that despite what he lacked in talent, he'd come back to every pre-season with new tricks and improvements in some areas. Wasn't quite enough, obviously, but I could tell he worked hard to improve his game. Was a favourite of mine due to this

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back