Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I can’t understand how both had evidence of being alive during the fire despite being shot in the head?

The description of their shotgun injuries seems like they would of died instantly?

Maybe the fire started before the gun shots?
Yes, fire before gun shots for sure.
My take on it was Mr V. shot the dogs in the laundry, then started the fire downstairs, then went upstairs and shot Mrs V & himself. Maybe they waited a while until the fire activity increased before doing the 'deed', hence the smoke in their lungs.

There is quite a bit digging deep in Google.

It seems the Viergevens were direct neighbours of Macedon Lodge and that can be seen using Google Earth. This media link gives a bit of insight into Mr W's 'caring neighbourhood attitude' in 2013. I am looking to see what the issue was with Mr W that Mrs V got involved in with other Macedon community members. The article from 2010 already linked upthread mentioned Mr W's attempt to develop a holiday resort and it seems he went onto develop a massive Lodge complex connected to horse training.

Mr W closed the Macedon Lodge end Nov 2019 and sold it in 2023.

Does anyone know what road the Lynn's lived on at Macedon?

Mindblowing how much land clearing was done to develop the Lodge, can be viewed by stepping back in time on GE.

They lived on the mount, Mount Macedon.

In the article it's stated they were clearing blackberries around Macedon Lodge. FYI blackberries are a genuine problem up there for anybody with property, so is black wattle which can be quite invasive if it's fast growing action assists after bushfires.

Yes, fire before gun shots for sure.
My take on it was Mr V. shot the dogs in the laundry, then started the fire downstairs, then went upstairs and shot Mrs V & himself. Maybe they waited a while until the fire activity increased before doing the 'deed', hence the smoke in their lungs.

Yes that’s possible. They’d both been drinking. Perhaps Mr V added some of Mrs V’s medication to her drink and she slept through the dogs being shot and the fire.

It’s not unheard of for people to have a plan b when suiciding. Ensuring that a fire was well under way so they’d be beyond help if they were to survive a shot to the head.

He may not have wanted people to know it was a murder suicide and hoped the fire would destroy all evidence?

Nothing against Mr V, but whenever I see a business that imports items - in his case lingerie - I do wonder if anything else was being imported.

you know there are people in this thread that will read the above and look for unsolved murders involving fires, deceased pets and sun-screen…all over the world… or where Jetstar flies flies

If you think about it, it’s the perfect cover. And GL really gave the game away that he’s genetically modified Jason Bourne hitman in the ROI.

I mean jumping out of the shadows to grab a hot weapon to eliminate one threat and then taking out the other in hand to hand combat unarmed.

Obvious really.

Yes that’s possible. They’d both been drinking. Perhaps Mr V added some of Mrs V’s medication to her drink and she slept through the dogs being shot and the fire.

It’s not unheard of for people to have a plan b when suiciding. Ensuring that a fire was well under way so they’d be beyond help if they were to survive a shot to the head.

He may not have wanted people to know it was a murder suicide and hoped the fire would destroy all evidence?

Nothing against Mr V, but whenever I see a business that imports items - in his case lingerie - I do wonder if anything else was being imported.
It’s interesting that Mrs V was just lying in bed. Whether Mr V or someone else was responsible for shooting her, I find it hard to work out why she’d be lying in bed. Wouldn’t you be cowered down next to the bed or mid way out the room if all of this was going on?

Last edited:
It’s interesting that Mrs V was just lying in bed. Whether Mr V or someone else was responsible for shooting her, I find it hard to work out why she’d be lying in bed. Wouldn’t you be cowered down next to the bed or mid way out the room if all of this was going on?
She could well have been in bed sleeping when it all took place as it was around 11.35pm when a passing motorist saw flames arising from the house. Maybe she took medication to sleep and didn't hear the gunshots when the dogs were put down in the laundry, or awaken from the smell & crackling of smoke/fire swirling around the house.

If you think about it, it’s the perfect cover. And GL really gave the game away that he’s genetically modified Jason Bourne hitman in the ROI.

I mean jumping out of the shadows to grab a hot weapon to eliminate one threat and then taking out the other in hand to hand combat unarmed.

Obvious really.

Are you suggesting bikies were involved? :cool:

There is quite a bit digging deep in Google.

It seems the Viergevens were direct neighbours of Macedon Lodge and that can be seen using Google Earth. This media link gives a bit of insight into Mr W's 'caring neighbourhood attitude' in 2013. I am looking to see what the issue was with Mr W that Mrs V got involved in with other Macedon community members. The article from 2010 already linked upthread mentioned Mr W's attempt to develop a holiday resort and it seems he went onto develop a massive Lodge complex connected to horse training.

Mr W closed the Macedon Lodge end Nov 2019 and sold it in 2023.

Does anyone know what road the Lynn's lived on at Macedon?

Mindblowing how much land clearing was done to develop the Lodge, can be viewed by stepping back in time on GE.

Zig Zag road.

Some of the saddest images I have seen.

The driveway where the house once stood.

Attachments

• IMG_9548.jpeg
    IMG_9548.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9549.jpeg
    IMG_9549.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 38
Oh dear, and Lisa death and Neils Becker disappearance within two days of exact date 10 years apart.

Filling in more gaps in the time line.

Lynn moved into his new house in Caroline Springs very early in 2010. Murder suicide was at the end of March 2010. Not suggesting there is any linkage here, only to note that is common for people to take leave to coincide with moving into a new house. Which proves nothing per se.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynn moved into his new house in Caroline Springs very early in 2010. Murder suicide was at the end of March 2010. Not suggesting there is any linkage here, only to note that is common for people to take leave to coincide with moving into a new house. Which proves nothing per se.

Did Lynn sell the family home he'd shared with Lisa or did he stay?

I can’t understand how both had evidence of being alive during the fire despite being shot in the head?

The description of their shotgun injuries seems like they would of died instantly?

Maybe the fire started before the gun shots?

I don’t believe dogs had smoke in their lungs.

She could well have been in bed sleeping when it all took place as it was around 11.35pm when a passing motorist saw flames arising from the house. Maybe she took medication to sleep and didn't hear the gunshots when the dogs were put down in the laundry, or awaken from the smell & crackling of smoke/fire swirling around the house.
Possible she was sound asleep.

Filling in more gaps in the time line.

It sounds like he was starting a new chapter, buying a new home early 2010. Had he met his new wife then?

Interesting times at Macedon connected to Macedon Lodge. Also the councilor that gave a snippet of information to the media reporting the V's deaths,
about Ms Viergever's involvement in matters against Macedon Lodge, was the local councilor that put the motion to support the Macedon proposals to convert to a massive resort (humans not horses). Very interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back